Najee Ray-Henry Co.

utvolzfan

Just for the record, I agree Najee has "IT" and should be looked at more than he has. Just a quick note about Marsalis (since he has been name dropped), regardless of timed speed, this kid has that rare 6th gear when it comes to running with the ball. Biggest mistake was to put him on defense, he is a playmaker and needs to have the ball in his hands. Fastest kid to ever run for Henry County so far. Ask Eric Gordon if he was able to catch him when they played each other, or any of the "gold shoes" guys at Melrose in 07-08. He is an awesome talent with a great head on his shoulders and is only on defense because he is the epitome of a team player! Dooley would be wise to put him back as a receiver! Nuff said! Back to Najee, I would love to see him go to an FBS or FCS school. However, If they dont come calling, there are a couple very good DII schools relatively close that always seem to be in the playoffs and even playing in the DII Championship game. I think this would be a great venue for him as well. At any rate, good luck Najee!!! The Henry County faithful will follow and support you wherever you choose to play! Loved watching you play here in Henry County.

Edited by NicD91

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that an alumni of your team isn't good. My bad.....

That's sad coming from a Maryville fan. I hope you have a little more respect than that towards some of your own former players.

At any rate, what's your deal? You're the one who brought up Teague's name, in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Najee shows up again in the East/West game. This is from the KNS article:

Meanwhile, Henry County cornerback Najee Ray didn't take home a most valuable player award, but no player on the field made bigger plays when the game was on the line.

Ray tackled Signal Mountain tight end Jon Patten on the 2-yard line on a fourth-down stop, then on the East team's final possession broke free of his block to force Sevier County wide receiver Brett Pippin back into the teeth of the defense to be tackled by Henry County's Caleb Counce and Brentwood's Chudi Echetebu on fourth-and-long to preserve the West's victory.

"Najee Ray was a quarterback, but we played him at corner in this thing," West coach Ron Crawford said. "He tackled the kid (in the red zone) to make it our ball and then helped Chudi and Caleb make the tackle on fourth down. It was a great job."

Meanwhile, Henry County cornerback Najee Ray didn't take home a most valuable player award, but no player on the field made bigger plays when the game was on the line.

Ray tackled Signal Mountain tight end Jon Patten on the 2-yard line on a fourth-down stop, then on the East team's final possession broke free of his block to force Sevier County wide receiver Brett Pippin back into the teeth of the defense to be tackled by Henry County's Caleb Counce and Brentwood's Chudi Echetebu on fourth-and-long to preserve the West's victory.

"Najee Ray was a quarterback, but we played him at corner in this thing," West coach Ron Crawford said. "He tackled the kid (in the red zone) to make it our ball and then helped Chudi and Caleb make the tackle on fourth down. It was a great job."

Yes, the Pats made quite a splash. Congratulations. They were one of the top four teams I saw in person this season.

Just for the record, I agree Najee has "IT" and should be looked at more than he has. Just a quick note about Marsalis (since he has been name dropped), regardless of timed speed, this kid has that rare 6th gear when it comes to running with the ball. Biggest mistake was to put him on defense, he is a playmaker and needs to have the ball in his hands. Fastest kid to ever run for Henry County so far. Ask Eric Gordon if he was able to catch him when they played each other, or any of the "gold shoes" guys at Melrose in 07-08. He is an awesome talent with a great head on his shoulders and is only on defense because he is the epitome of a team player! Dooley would be wise to put him back as a receiver! Nuff said! Back to Najee, I would love to see him go to an FBS or FCS school. However, If they dont come calling, there are a couple very good DII schools relatively close that always seem to be in the playoffs and even playing in the DII Championship game. I think this would be a great venue for him as well. At any rate, good luck Najee!!! The Henry County faithful will follow and support you wherever you choose to play! Loved watching you play here in Henry County.

Other than many of my own, I've never read so much correctness in a post.

Najer is a heck of a player and he dont need yall approvel to go anywhere maybe he dont want to go football maybe he wants to be something. As far as teague he is a heck of a player and gordan couldnt catch him but he is good where he is it is the whole team fault if they lose not gis so haters shut up