Macon County Football 2012

Macon County is simply the place where Football coaches (good or bad) go to die. Anyone who comes up the ridge to try and coach football will either be blinded by all the boosters or pissed off at all the parents who complain. IMO, Macon County cannot keep a coach because they are a victim of their own system, one that will never change.

Were was you at on Saturday morning at 4 am ? I can tell you were all the boosters were cooking ham breakfast and raising money for the football team. So what have you done to help the program beside run that mouth. And swanson you my friend suck and you couldn't be a water boy on a pee wee team.

Were was you at on Saturday morning at 4 am ? I can tell you were all the boosters were cooking ham breakfast and raising money for the football team. So what have you done to help the program beside run that mouth. And swanson you my friend suck and you couldn't be a water boy on a pee wee team.

Will all that money be going to the next head coach, or will some of it go to the football program where it might actually pay dividends? :flower:

Edited by BasilDuke

Bill Harris will be a good head coach one of these days. His father, Dee Harris, was a long time coach for the Warriors back in the 60's.

I think that's probably a different Bill Harris. The Bill Harris that applied for the job grew up in Alabama.

The Boosters are looking to buy a season or two for their kids and that's wrong. They need to learn from Pemberton, that a coach who is an established name that comes in and wins, will take the first job that is better and move on. I've talked to Bill Harris. He wants to come in and work the talent that is here and build a program for the kids, the school, and the community. He wouldn't be coming in to wait for the next good job. He wants to be the Head Coach for a long time for the stability of his family. He's got collegiate playing experience at Liberty University and Delta State University. College coaching experience as a Defensive Line coach at Belhaven College and Assistant Strength Coach at Mississippi State. He's a guy who can come in from the outside and negotiate through the bad that comes with "Big Tobacco" because he believes that you put your best kids on the field no matter what. It's just a matter of whether or not the ones who are doing the selection are picking for the right reasons or not.

And for the record, I do have a kid on the team who will be a senior, so I guess I should be rooting for the Boosters to get the guy who they think will turn it around in one season, but I'm also a realist who knows that the program needs more work than one season will get them.

biggame,

How did the Ham breakfast turn out this year? Who do you think the boosters are interested in? I sure hope we can attract some quality candidates.

The boosters want Creasy. I've been told that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get him. I've also heard that he wants at least what Pemberton was getting from them if not more.

The boosters want Creasy. I've been told that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get him. I've also heard that he wants at least what Pemberton was getting from them if not more.

why,does it matter if they give money.every where else does the same thing and creasy makes more in harstsville tham pemberton made in macon.you have to or all your gonna get is a young coach with no experience and with a schedule like macon has got they will eat them alive.and bye the way tigerguy did it cost you anything the last 2 years? it did'nt cost me nothing,if someone is willing to give or raise money for the players and program-why should i care.and by the way you have not a clue cause im 99% sure creasey ant coming to macon.macon can't afford him but i'd sure like to have him if they could get him.

Macon County is simply the place where Football coaches (good or bad) go to die. Anyone who comes up the ridge to try and coach football will either be blinded by all the boosters or pissed off at all the parents who complain. IMO, Macon County cannot keep a coach because they are a victim of their own system, one that will never change.

pemberton did a good job while at macon.nobody can blame a man that bettered himself. at brentwood he will make more than he ever did at macon.if he had not been here for those 2 years does anybody think we would have been in the playoffs back to back years.it would not have happen.that's why macon needs a coach that's been around the ropes.don't think so?well here is some proof for evertbody's eyes.go to coach t home page.beside find a sport click football and scroll down to the toughest schedule. you will find macon county has the 5th hardest schedule in the state in 4a.this is why macon needs a veteran coach not a rookie.if it cost a little extra-so what. i mean which do you want 2-8 0-10,1-9 or meddium results.ill take 5-5 or better ever time with a schedule like macon has.

• Upvote 1

why,does it matter if they give money.every where else does the same thing and creasy makes more in harstsville tham pemberton made in macon.you have to or all your gonna get is a young coach with no experience and with a schedule like macon has got they will eat them alive.and bye the way tigerguy did it cost you anything the last 2 years? it did'nt cost me nothing,if someone is willing to give or raise money for the players and program-why should i care.and by the way you have not a clue cause im 99% sure creasey ant coming to macon.macon can't afford him but i'd sure like to have him if they could get him.

It didn't cost me anything other than what it costs to take the family to every game (home & away) to watch what the Booster Club thought was there salvation, run the same plays over and over, and lead the team to consecutive 5-6 seasons. And for every great coach from Bear Bryant to Tom Landry to Nick Saban, every one of them started out somewhere where somebody had to give them a chance. And you can be 99% sure all you want, I have no clue if he's coming or not, but I know that I've heard it from reliable people who would know, that the Boosters in charge have said that is who they want and will do what it takes to get him. Is he a good coach? Absolutely. Would I be glad to see him in Macon County? Absolutely. Do I think he'd stay in Macon County if he comes in and wins beyond our expectations? Not a chance.

pemberton did a good job while at macon.nobody can blame a man that bettered himself. at brentwood he will make more than he ever did at macon.if he had not been here for those 2 years does anybody think we would have been in the playoffs back to back years.it would not have happen.that's why macon needs a coach that's been around the ropes.don't think so?well here is some proof for evertbody's eyes.go to coach t home page.beside find a sport click football and scroll down to the toughest schedule. you will find macon county has the 5th hardest schedule in the state in 4a.this is why macon needs a veteran coach not a rookie.if it cost a little extra-so what. i mean which do you want 2-8 0-10,1-9 or meddium results.ill take 5-5 or better ever time with a schedule like macon has.

Pemberton did an average job at Macon Co. I do not blame him for taking that job either. He ran an average to good offense, but the defense was laughable both seasons.