Macon County Football 2012

pemberton did a good job while at macon.nobody can blame a man that bettered himself. at brentwood he will make more than he ever did at macon.if he had not been here for those 2 years does anybody think we would have been in the playoffs back to back years.it would not have happen.that's why macon needs a coach that's been around the ropes.don't think so?well here is some proof for evertbody's eyes.go to coach t home page.beside find a sport click football and scroll down to the toughest schedule. you will find macon county has the 5th hardest schedule in the state in 4a.this is why macon needs a veteran coach not a rookie.if it cost a little extra-so what. i mean which do you want 2-8 0-10,1-9 or meddium results.ill take 5-5 or better ever time with a schedule like macon has.

"5-5 or better ever time a schedule like macon has". Are you okay with mediocracy? Macon County had one of the best quarterbacks in the state last year, and you are okay because they play a tough schedule. Who cares about the schedule, win ball games! Going 5-6 and saying well that's okay because we play some good teams is and should be no excuse. Macon County should have won 7, 8, or possibly 9 games. Personally, I do not think he did a good job while at Macon. There was a lot of talent there, and I think Macon had a chance to be a lot better than finished 10-12 in 2 years. They may have played a "tough" schedule, but the wins they picked up against weak opponents with the exception being Livingston. When they played good teams like Trousdale County, White House, Smith County, and Liberty Magnet they would get blown away and to me that is not progress. Macon's had a lot of potential over the years, and even this past decade, to come through and haven't done a thing with it. I hope everything gets straightened out and things change for the better.

• Upvote 2

"5-5 or better ever time a schedule like macon has". Are you okay with mediocracy? Macon County had one of the best quarterbacks in the state last year, and you are okay because they play a tough schedule. Who cares about the schedule, win ball games! Going 5-6 and saying well that's okay because we play some good teams is and should be no excuse. Macon County should have won 7, 8, or possibly 9 games. Personally, I do not think he did a good job while at Macon. There was a lot of talent there, and I think Macon had a chance to be a lot better than finished 10-12 in 2 years. They may have played a "tough" schedule, but the wins they picked up against weak opponents with the exception being Livingston. When they played good teams like Trousdale County, White House, Smith County, and Liberty Magnet they would get blown away and to me that is not progress. Macon's had a lot of potential over the years, and even this past decade, to come through and haven't done a thing with it. I hope everything gets straightened out and things change for the better.

gosh.i feel so much better knowing i have a true opinion from somebody from rbs.i just know macon's program will get so much better now.please keep them coming.how will they ever get by.with all your wisdom you should put in for the job.and i think you should read a little closer.i said i would take 5-5 over 1-9 or 2-8 or 0-10.you should be familiar with the last 3 records there.never said i liked 5-5 just said i'd take it.

• Upvote 2

why,does it matter if they give money.every where else does the same thing and creasy makes more in harstsville tham pemberton made in macon.you have to or all your gonna get is a young coach with no experience and with a schedule like macon has got they will eat them alive.and bye the way tigerguy did it cost you anything the last 2 years? it did'nt cost me nothing,if someone is willing to give or raise money for the players and program-why should i care.and by the way you have not a clue cause im 99% sure creasey ant coming to macon.macon can't afford him but i'd sure like to have him if they could get him.

Not true, not even close. :flower:

• Upvote 1

No offense to anyone in Lafayette but I seriously doubt you guys will not get a 'big name' coach no matter how much money you have to pay because the 'big names' go where they can win year and year. I hope I am wrong and I hope you guys land a good coach. I'm just keeping it real. There are some good young coaches who are looking for the move up from coordinator to HC who would do a fine job.

gosh.i feel so much better knowing i have a true opinion from somebody from rbs.i just know macon's program will get so much better now.please keep them coming.how will they ever get by.with all your wisdom you should put in for the job.and i think you should read a little closer.i said i would take 5-5 over 1-9 or 2-8 or 0-10.you should be familiar with the last 3 records there.never said i liked 5-5 just said i'd take it.

I am not talking about RBS, but I guess making fun of RBS is the only defense you have. It is easy to make fun of RBS, our record is deserving of it, but I guess RBS is the only school a Macon County fan could make fun of. 2 winning seasons in 30 years is something to be proud of I guess. I say derogatory things about Macon football because it should have been a lot better the last couple of years than it has. You all have had quite a bit of talent the last 2 years. One of the best quarterbacks in the state along with a really good offense, and all Macon has squeezed out of it is a couple of 5-6 records. I think you all should have been no worse than 7-3 last year and in no way you all should have lost any of those games against SC, TC, WH, and Liberty as bad as you all did. You say pay someone the money to come in and coach football, but the problem with that is when you do that they'll up and leave with the job is better and the pay is just as good somewhere else. Why not hire a young face who is interested coaching to get the program up and going and who will be there for a while, instead of someone who's going to coach a few years and then leave! Stability is the reason programs like SC, TC, etc are successful year in and year out. Macon has had more head coaches to come in the last decade than TC and SC have probably combined in the last 30 years.

I am not talking about RBS, but I guess making fun of RBS is the only defense you have. It is easy to make fun of RBS, our record is deserving of it, but I guess RBS is the only school a Macon County fan could make fun of. 2 winning seasons in 30 years is something to be proud of I guess. I say derogatory things about Macon football because it should have been a lot better the last couple of years than it has. You all have had quite a bit of talent the last 2 years. One of the best quarterbacks in the state along with a really good offense, and all Macon has squeezed out of it is a couple of 5-6 records. I think you all should have been no worse than 7-3 last year and in no way you all should have lost any of those games against SC, TC, WH, and Liberty as bad as you all did. You say pay someone the money to come in and coach football, but the problem with that is when you do that they'll up and leave with the job is better and the pay is just as good somewhere else. Why not hire a young face who is interested coaching to get the program up and going and who will be there for a while, instead of someone who's going to coach a few years and then leave! Stability is the reason programs like SC, TC, etc are successful year in and year out. Macon has had more head coaches to come in the last decade than TC and SC have probably combined in the last 30 years.

wrong again folks.last 30 years.1983 7-4,1989 5-5,1990 5-5,2002 7-3,2003 12-2,2005 5-6,2006 5-5,2010 5-6,2011 5-6.while this ant as good as anyone would hope but alot better than what mary swanson off of dumb and dummer gives credit to.do you ever state facts or just what ya think or want or hope.

I am failing to realize why our next coach needs to be from Macon County. Maybe somebody can elaborate? I want a coach who wins football games, I don't care if he is from Canada, he better be able to coach ball. Macon's biggest problem is the politics that go along with the program. The talent is here to win 5 to 6 games a season, but parents need to leave the coaches alone.

wrong again folks.last 30 years.1983 7-4,1989 5-5,1990 5-5,2002 7-3,2003 12-2,2005 5-6,2006 5-5,2010 5-6,2011 5-6.while this ant as good as anyone would hope but alot better than what mary swanson off of dumb and dummer gives credit to.do you ever state facts or just what ya think or want or hope.

Wow, such a great argument Big Stick. How many 0-10's or 1-9's have Macon had in those 30 years. You arguing with somebody from RBS does show how irrelevant Macon football has been at times.

Its time for everybody in Macon County to pony up and get on the same page. Who cares if the next coach that comes in wants a supplemental salary. Its happens all over the place. I have no problem with paying a coach extra money to come and coach. The problem lies with the parents who want their way at all costs. We all want Macon football to win, but the way to build a program is to get a coach, who, no matter the cost, will stay for years and build a stable program. If you look around at all the successful high school football programs around here, you see one thing, stability. Its what is needed more than anything. Parents noses need to stay in the stands on Friday night and leave a coach alone and let him put the best player on the field.

I'm not running my mouth, I'm just calling it the way I see it. Macon County football is mediocre all day and twice on Sunday. Any big name coach will come here, go 5-5 for two maybe three seasons, then jump ship and head to greener pastures. That's just the way it is.

Macon Co football is mediocre, but it can be average to good.