Macon County Football 2012

Its time for everybody in Macon County to pony up and get on the same page. Who cares if the next coach that comes in wants a supplemental salary. Its happens all over the place. I have no problem with paying a coach extra money to come and coach. The problem lies with the parents who want their way at all costs. We all want Macon football to win, but the way to build a program is to get a coach, who, no matter the cost, will stay for years and build a stable program. If you look around at all the successful high school football programs around here, you see one thing, stability. Its what is needed more than anything. Parents noses need to stay in the stands on Friday night and leave a coach alone and let him put the best player on the field.

an example of someone who knows nothing at all.just blabbering.question,who got their way with coach pemberton? nobody is the answer.he did what he thought was best and played the best.he did not listen to any parents or boosters.that's why they had back to back playoff years.no parents or booster messed it up to bad or that would not have happen.if that's the case mess it some more over the next few years.

an example of someone who knows nothing at all.just blabbering.question,who got their way with coach pemberton? nobody is the answer.he did what he thought was best and played the best.he did not listen to any parents or boosters.that's why they had back to back playoff years.no parents or booster messed it up to bad or that would not have happen.if that's the case mess it some more over the next few years.

Yes and the only reason you would know this is because you know that parents tried to have their way with Pemberton. If he told them to leave him alone then good for him, but the only way you know this is because he did tell them to leave him alone, which I happen to know for a fact he did, but everybody knows that people tried to screw with him. I also know that extra money was given to assistant coaches (one in particular) for certain players to be on the field. The defense improved in the Livingston and Westmoreland games because Pemberton himself made the lineup and the switch in defensive alignment. Am I wrong? If so please let me know.

Edited by TennesseeSportsMan

Yes and the only reason you would know this is because you know that parents tried to have their way with Pemberton. If he told them to leave him alone then good for him, but the only way you know this is because he did tell them to leave him alone, which I happen to know for a fact he did, but everybody knows that people tried to screw with him. I also know that extra money was given to assistant coaches (one in particular) for certain players to be on the field. The defense improved in the Livingston and Westmoreland games because Pemberton himself made the lineup and the switch in defensive alignment. Am I wrong? If so please let me know.

you got to be kidding me.this is the most crazyest thing i ever heard.sounds like you might not have got your way or never did.

wrong again folks.last 30 years.1983 7-4,1989 5-5,1990 5-5,2002 7-3,2003 12-2,2005 5-6,2006 5-5,2010 5-6,2011 5-6.while this ant as good as anyone would hope but alot better than what mary swanson off of dumb and dummer gives credit to.do you ever state facts or just what ya think or want or hope.

This post shows your ignorance. Of those records you used as "proof" only 3 of those records are considered winning seasons. A winning season consists of having more wins than losses. Though you may have made it to the playoffs going 5-5 and 5-6 isn't considered a winning season. RBS has had a couple of 5-5 seasons in its 35+ years of being a football team, but when asked the answer we give is we've only had one winning season. However, I was wrong...instead of 2 it's 3 wins in 30 years. Oh I guess from now on i'll just say Macon has 2 winning seasons in the last 25 years. RBS is a small A school who can't win at the A level. However, Macon is a 4a school who would be a mediorce playoff team at the A level. You think Macon football is on the right direction and it isn't. You think Pemberton come in and did a great job and he didn't. You think Macon should go out and fork out a bunch of money to bring a coach in; how has that worked out so far?

Edited by swanson71

This post shows your ignorance. Of those records you used as "proof" only 3 of those records are considered winning seasons. A winning season consists of having more wins than losses. Though you may have made it to the playoffs going 5-5 and 5-6 isn't considered a winning season. RBS has had a couple of 5-5 seasons in its 35+ years of being a football team, but when asked the answer we give is we've only had one winning season. However, I was wrong...instead of 2 it's 3 wins in 30 years. Oh I guess from now on i'll just say Macon has 2 wins in the last 25 years. RBS is a small A school who can't win at the A level. However, Macon is a 4a school who would be a mediorce playoff team at the A level. You think Macon football is on the right direction and it isn't. You think Pemberton come in and did a great job and he didn't. You think Macon should go out and fork out a bunch of money to bring a coach in; how has that worked out so far?

Is anyone hearing the name Coach Jackson from Obion as the leading candidate? Someone asked me about it but I have no idea.

Is anyone hearing the name Coach Jackson from Obion as the leading candidate? Someone asked me about it but I have no idea.

Have heard that a coach from West, TN has shown interest, don't know much about him. Who else is interested in this job? Better yet who are the powers at be realisticly interested in? It seems very quite on the boards for our school with a big decision such as this.

This post shows your ignorance. Of those records you used as "proof" only 3 of those records are considered winning seasons. A winning season consists of having more wins than losses. Though you may have made it to the playoffs going 5-5 and 5-6 isn't considered a winning season. RBS has had a couple of 5-5 seasons in its 35+ years of being a football team, but when asked the answer we give is we've only had one winning season. However, I was wrong...instead of 2 it's 3 wins in 30 years. Oh I guess from now on i'll just say Macon has 2 winning seasons in the last 25 years. RBS is a small A school who can't win at the A level. However, Macon is a 4a school who would be a mediorce playoff team at the A level. You think Macon football is on the right direction and it isn't. You think Pemberton come in and did a great job and he didn't. You think Macon should go out and fork out a bunch of money to bring a coach in; how has that worked out so far?

To all the powers that be in Macon Co. I, Mr. Postman will become head coach of your program and have a 5-5 record year in and year out if you will pay me $85000 per year and furnish housing and insurance benefits for my family. If I dont coach the team to a 5-5 record, I'll give you back $40000 dollars of the money each year I dont atleast make it to the all important 5-5 regular season mark that ya'll will pay so much for. However, on the years that I do better than 5-5 I will just be satisfied with the $85000 with benefits and free housing. House however cannot be a double wide trailer in the old Hicks lane trailer park off hwy141. It must be up to my wife's standard of living. This seems to be a no loss situation for a school like Macon Co. I'm guaranteeing to do what the greatest coach in Macon Co. history has done or your county gets the money back. Only thing I ask is that I dont have to teach. I only want to get paid to coach football.

Edited by Mr. Postman1