Gleason 2012

hogheaven

If Greenfield's corner could've covered the Perry kid, then the game would've been a lot closer. In fact, it was 13-7 with about a minute left in the half....then bomb to Perry...Jackets fumble kick off....another bomb to Perry...and the halftime score was 28-7. Another time, Greenfield couldnt put the ball into the endzone early in 4th, and if they could've, it would've been 34-20....but, they didnt, and score stayed 34-13.

Throwing a pass into the end zone with 1:51 left in the game, up 34-14....with all starters still in the game...with Perry catching his 5th TD pass was a little classless. Coach Lampkins should've thought better about that. Maybe Greenfield can return the favor next year. But, Perry is a great athlete, and he had a great game.

Gleason has a good team this year. They'll do well, and they might come in 2nd or 3rd in their district. I really think Huntingdon is the team to beat, with W. Carroll sounding tough. Not too sure about McKenzie this year.

A lot of teams are gonna wish they could cover Perry and or get more pressure on Gleason's QB (both factors play into this) before the season is over, Agreed, the last score could have been at least reserved for the running game if it were to happen. At the same time, the Bulldogs are searching for their identity as a tough, winning team so.........................! Gleason is in unfamiliar territory for them and they have a couple of seasons to enjoy it and see how it goes after that. Greenfield does have a pretty decent team to work with but pass defense is an issue. Ya'll gotta fix that. There is one thing that happened on Greenfield's last TD that very much played into Greenfields hands that there is no need to go into and had a lot to do with that Yellowjacket score. But it did make it a good bit easier for the Yellowjackets to pull it off. In short, a lot of the credit for that game goes to Gleason's offensive and defensive fronts.

As for our 13A look right now, Huntingdon is definitely the team to deal with. I'd give a second place nod to Dresden. NOt sure yet where McKenzie fits in all this but figure that the Rebels, War Eagles and Bulldogs will decide that on the field. The Rebels are, like last season, down a notch or two and working to get back in stride. McKenzie and Dresden play next Friday night as does Gleason and West Carroll.. Those two games should tell it all about 13A.

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all played a decent game IMO.......just not quite that well oiled machine as of yet. Score was pleasing, but kinda sloppy. Things will tighten up, they have to.......... West Carroll is a legit playoff solid team. Sep 14th is gonna be a tough one for ya, You have blood and then you got blood. Maybe it's a hard fought game with the Rebs that you can be proud of, and a W for the Dawgs. Good to meet ya there Duckman.

Don't know that I'd say sloppy, just "first game jitters" mainly. So far with C'wood and G'field I'm impressed with the Dawgs overall. The 14th will be what it is and honestly I expect it could go either way. Either way, I'll be proud of my grandson's team. Their team has worked hard to be where they are now. Good to meet you too and won't be the last time I'm around this season..........or next!

War Eagles gonna be a tough battle..... cant wait for the match up though.

Michael was over here this afternoon and he was concerned about that game. I'm gonna have to talk to him tomorrow. He was thinking I'd likely go to the Rebs game with Dresden.....which would normally be a natural thing for me but I'm thinking he was questioning his confidence for next Friday. I ain't gonna let that happen!!! Gleason can well play with West Carroll and it is likely one of the two biggest games of the Bulldog season playoff wise.

Good Lord I'm glad Sherrye didn't end up in Huntingdon!!! LOL

Michael was over here this afternoon and he was concerned about that game. I'm gonna have to talk to him tomorrow. He was thinking I'd likely go to the Rebs game with Dresden.....which would normally be a natural thing for me but I'm thinking he was questioning his confidence for next Friday. I ain't gonna let that happen!!! Gleason can well play with West Carroll and it is likely one of the two biggest games of the Bulldog season playoff wise.

Good Lord I'm glad Sherrye didn't end up in Huntingdon!!! LOL

Agree on the W. Carroll, they put a 49-20 whooping on the Red Devils. That's a healthy score...........

Agree on the W. Carroll, they put a 49-20 whooping on the Red Devils. That's a healthy score...........

Gleason should go into this game well prepared but not intimidated. Gleason has a GOOD football team. They have room for improvement but..........don't we all. There are 3 teams in our region who have played known good opponents so far. Huntingdon, Dresden and McKenzie. The rest of the games/scores are yet untested by the proverbial "Big Dog's" so we'll see. I'm believing that the 'Dawgs can play with WC. I also believe it's all in Noah's hands for now. . The team will respond to him if needed and I think the 'Dawgs will be ready for the game!