Maryville Football

rebelforever

:thumb:

I absolutely HATE hearing him talk! It completely ruins a game for me. I understand you dont have to say Murvil but still pronounce Maryville correctly not, as you put it, Merry-Ville. Its a "rival" yet I like everything about Maryville except their dagum PA announcer. Its even worse that I can hear him from my porch too!

Marvyille using the same PA announcer for basketball as football. For those of us who have been fortunate enough to watch the MHS Christmas basketball tournament this week, we've had a good change of pace. Larry Headrick has been the PA announcer (for all games) all week and has done an OUTSTANDING job. He adds lots of excitement with just enough slice of "homer" when it's Maryville playing. Heck, he even pronounces "Marvil" right. It has been refreshing from the norm. Good job, Coach Head!

Edited by OldRebel2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvyille using the same PA announcer for basketball as football. For those of us who have been fortunate enough to watch the MHS Christmas basketball tournament this week, we've had a good change of pace. Larry Headrick has been the PA announcer (for all games) all week and has done an OUTSTANDING job. He adds lots of excitement with just enough slice of "homer" when it's Maryville playing. Heck, he even pronounces "Marvil" right. It has been refreshing from the norm. Good job, Coach Head!

OR2,

I knew I should have went to some games this week - my loss. The multi-talented Head! I have to ask this one: Did he ever say "It's time to play RED." No offense to GJ, but he has said "Merryville" since we were 15 yrs old.

Does the basketball team have a good shot at the state this year? Are they a year away? What was the difference in the 2 losses? Is youngrebel2 still enjoying it?

OR2,

I knew I should have went to some games this week - my loss. The multi-talented Head! I have to ask this one: Did he ever say "It's time to play RED." No offense to GJ, but he has said "Merryville" since we were 15 yrs old.

Does the basketball team have a good shot at the state this year? Are they a year away? What was the difference in the 2 losses? Is youngrebel2 still enjoying it?

Yes, Head came out with several classic lines! And, there were actually player fouls put on the scoreboard. (I've been to lots of venues for high school basketball and MHS is the only place that doesn't put player fouls on the scoreboard....not really sure why.)

I think the difference in the two losses was not playing as well down the stretch late in the games. It could be fatigue or just being young.

The basketball team has no real chance for state, IMO. There are no seniors on the team (which is curious enough by itself). Three juniors and two sophomores get 95% of the playing time. The other players are basically just used to give the starters a water break.

Edited by OldRebel2

On second thought, there may be one thing. I vote for Starz as the new PA guy. I am sure the one now is a super guy, but the whole Merryville thing is just way out of place. When you have had as much success as Murvil, you need someone with passion about it, a hometown voice...I don't know what part of Ohio or Michigan the current PA guy came from, but he don't talk like the rest of us.

I agree...Judkins is a Murvul boy, but I think he's goin for the Eli Gold thing. On the same note, he does alot of rambling and unnecessary speaking during actual gametime. I wouldn't mind if we had somebody who got a little fired up over a first down or an oskie!

On second thought, there may be one thing. I vote for Starz as the new PA guy. I am sure the one now is a super guy, but the whole Merryville thing is just way out of place. When you have had as much success as Murvil, you need someone with passion about it, a hometown voice...I don't know what part of Ohio or Michigan the current PA guy came from, but he don't talk like the rest of us.

Judkins is from Maryville. I went to school with him for years

Now RebullFarr......eye don't no that Judds gonna bee tha necks Eli Gold....

Butt Judd's spottur mite bee frum tha announcin' he duz down att Smokie Mountun RayceWay.... :blush:

Korrectshun on Judd's spottur....Aftur intertainin' multee millyun dollur offurs frum Smokie Mountun, Tallydayguh, Daytoner, and Darlingtun...Tha spottur haz signed a big munny offur frum 411 racetrack.... :popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rumor on the street is that the new turf is going in at murvil. Old countryreb must have opened up that checkbook! :thumb: I understand the intitial thought was that there was not enough money to "get-er-done", but now with the closing of sam houston next year the money should become available.

Does the knee/ankle injury fear not come with the artificial turf commitment? I have heard that that is not the case with the "new" stuff, but I can't understand why. Anyone know?

Personally, I would rather see some stands put on top of the weight lifting facility. You would have more of a stadium atmosphere.

Seems like an odd economic time to be upgrading facilities. :wacko: How long will it be before alcoa follows?

Rumor on the street is that the new turf is going in at murvil. Old countryreb must have opened up that checkbook! :thumb: I understand the intitial thought was that there was not enough money to "get-er-done", but now with the closing of sam houston next year the money should become available.

Does the knee/ankle injury fear not come with the artificial turf commitment? I have heard that that is not the case with the "new" stuff, but I can't understand why. Anyone know?

Personally, I would rather see some stands put on top of the weight lifting facility. You would have more of a stadium atmosphere.

Seems like an odd economic time to be upgrading facilities. :wacko: How long will it be before alcoa follows?

Eye've heered tha saim thang sx....

countreereb iz good...Eye don't no if my printin press coud git that much munny printid up ennyhow.....

Eye parshull two tha reel stuff....(az long az we gott a good stand ov tha reel stuff)....

A horseshoo att the Skeeter wood bee sweet fer shore....

Heck Alcouh iz bildin a hole knew skool..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS