oneida 2012

CleatlessInjun

Guess ole red "snapper" has a fellow critter to hang with now. . . BIG DAWG! I had a feeling you'd like that hit & toss there Smash, that's a little bit of old school followed up with a little flash :thumb:

I hear ya crow! Dude, I could watch Torrey play football for the next thousand years. That is how it's susposed to be done! :thumb:

Last years game was August 19th. This year, the Friday closest to that date is on the 18th. I would bet this is the day.

If you drive into town, just past the field, there is a great Mexican food resturaunt, El Reys! It's right next to the Wal-Mart, cant miss it! :thumb: Lots of other great places to eat.

Got the ole aluminum seats for the visting fans or plenty of room to stand all the way around field. Oneida and Burchfield Middle School may be the only schools in East Tennessee to have press boxes built of logs. Don't get much more Appalachian (i.e. HillBilly) than that! :flower:

Rough off season. I don't want to wish my time away but I am looking forward to seeing the Kees up at Dr. M.E. Thompson field/Jim May Stadium.

Two schools with great football tradition. I cant wait for this one, two of the best in the state goin at it 1st game of the yr.

I agree rufus. But more than that...Make the freaking play. Make the Tackle! Make the block. Do it all night long! Go from whistle to whistle, non-stop all 11 players. One focus.

Don't wave to the crowd. Don't do a dance in the end zone. Dont jump on some other teams mascot before the game. Play Tackle Football like an Oneida Indian!

It's very simple to do, and very few teams do it well.

good lord smash you got me hittin my head on the lockers already,just wish i wouldve had a helmet on!!!

I haven't been up that way in a while. However, from past experience I can guarantee one thing is going on.

- Coach Lambert is building/strengthening a program

to be more specific he is forming unity, earning respect, changing attitudes, and working as hard as any other team around.

I do not have proof of this with my own eyes, but I will stand strong in this opinion.

I haven't been up that way in a while. However, from past experience I can guarantee one thing is going on.

- Coach Lambert is building/strengthening a program

to be more specific he is forming unity, earning respect, changing attitudes, and working as hard as any other team around.

I do not have proof of this with my own eyes, but I will stand strong in this opinion.

He is probably eyeing his next move too. :popcorneater:

He is probably eyeing his next move too. :popcorneater:

Don't fault him if he is. If you have a job, do you plan on advancing, moving up, and becoming more successful in your field? Guess what, teaching and coaching is a job. If Coach Lambert gets an opportunity to put himself in a better position not one person should open their mouth about it. IT'S BUSINESS.

Don't fault him if he is. If you have a job, do you plan on advancing, moving up, and becoming more successful in your field? Guess what, teaching and coaching is a job. If Coach Lambert gets an opportunity to put himself in a better position not one person should open their mouth about it. IT'S BUSINESS.

you are exactly right dude, but most people dont do it at the expense of others or have a daddy in law to help get it done. politics are a dirty thing. i guess its easier for some people to lay there head down at night than others.

Lambert is probably sitting in the catbird seat listening to all the crap flying around and ignoring it. Fact is he has a job to do and I'd say he is doing it. The metal will pound and the boys will buy in because he said so. His hiring was because Coach Brewster wasn't retained....face it, after interviews he was the best available coach out there. All you conspiracy nuts can go back to the JFK thing for all I care. I'm gonna skip rocks until the season arrives....then I'm gonna watch the Tribe get back to winning ballgames....!

Lambert is probably sitting in the catbird seat listening to all the crap flying around and ignoring it. Fact is he has a job to do and I'd say he is doing it. The metal will pound and the boys will buy in because he said so. His hiring was because Coach Brewster wasn't retained....face it, after interviews he was the best available coach out there. All you conspiracy nuts can go back to the JFK thing for all I care. I'm gonna skip rocks until the season arrives....then I'm gonna watch the Tribe get back to winning ballgames....!

no doubt he is a good coach and oneida will win more games! just a shame how people up ther get treated and most of you dont care. no conspiracy...facts are facts. as far as interviews... there were not that many....didnt need to be. the outcome of the hire was decided during the season. it was alot of show and tell. thats what happens when people in important places can not keep there mouths quiet in politics...word gets out before it needs too.