oneida 2012

CleatlessInjun

You are without a doubt sand bagging. Coalfield lost too much in the skill positions to compete for a district this year. They will be pretty darn good and huge upfront but that will not be enough to compete for a district. OS lost way too much in both categories as did Sunbright and well wartburg is wartburg. If Oneida doesnt win it this year then they will have greatly underachieved.

Thats my point polarsloth...what have you seen from Oneida for the past two years that would tell you anything different? Missed tackle after missed tackle. Missed block after missed block! Youth is one thing, but 7 fumbles in one game? That could be awful close to underachieving.

A huge line wins games especially ones that play mean. If a team has a strong, big offensive line (like Oneida 2008). That team can completely dominate the tempo of a game and enforce their will on opponents who dont even if they dont have a great QB (which Coalfield does) or a great running back.

I was sand bagging last year. I thought Oneida would go 10-0 last year. This team has pretty much been playing since they were freshmen. Sometimes they played very well, other times, it was like they never got off the bus.

Two years ago, Coalfield had very few seniors but a strong junior class. Biggest loss was by 11 points at Rockwood. Still finished 10-3. Oneida last year has a large junior class with few seniors. Biggest loss was by 35 points, finished 7-6.

Edited by SmashMouth

I don;t think Oliver Springs will be that good. I know the championship will be decided when we play Oneida.

If Oneida takes this off season seriously and puts 100% into every game, they will be very tough. If the Indians dont work hard, They could easily finish 4th in the district.

Lets just see if I can keep my foot outa my mouth this year!

pujo is the best at telling the truth but supporting his team. It's a hard line to walk sometimes, especially talking about high school kids! :flower:

Im looking forward to it. Friday night football will be bonus compared to the dr drink! dr. enuff....right?

I'd like to see some more injuns make the trip to the roan as well. We've got plenty of Dr. Enuf's for everybody. Up here on the mountain, we're WOODEN INDIANS at church and COMANCHEE INDIANS at the football games! :roflol:

I'd like to see some more injuns make the trip to the roan as well. We've got plenty of Dr. Enuf's for everybody. Up here on the mountain, we're WOODEN INDIANS at church and COMANCHEE INDIANS at the football games! :roflol:

That is funny. Unfortunately, thats one that about the Oneida fans that kills me. Most of the football crowd up here are the church Wooden Indians! Need to fan the Comanchee Fire there!

There is a time to be reverent and then there is a time to scream and howl at the referee, even if he is right! :hungry:

On a much more sad note, I hope we can observe a moment of silence for my boy Adam "MCA" Yauch of the Beastie Boys. Brilliant song writer, 100% original. Never be another group like em.

RIP brother, One lonely beastie I be!

Hey, Smash, old buddy! I have to concur here. If you were cool back in the day, you had to own "License To Ill!" I remember many a night cruisin' through the Burg with "No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn" blasting through the old Chevy speakers! I still crank it up every once in a while(though the wife doesn't care for it much!) But this world did lose a music pioneer in MCA! BTW,Smash, I'm kinda hibernating now because of a lack of a REAL sport during spring and summer, but as sonn as scrimmages start, I'll be giving you a shout! BTW, I heard you all got Coach Lambert back-good deal!

Hey, Smash, old buddy! I have to concur here. If you were cool back in the day, you had to own "License To Ill!" I remember many a night cruisin' through the Burg with "No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn" blasting through the old Chevy speakers! I still crank it up every once in a while(though the wife doesn't care for it much!) But this world did lose a music pioneer in MCA! BTW,Smash, I'm kinda hibernating now because of a lack of a REAL sport during spring and summer, but as sonn as scrimmages start, I'll be giving you a shout! BTW, I heard you all got Coach Lambert back-good deal!

Lots of freaking drama up on hill, I cant even tell you! Yeah man...No Sleep till Brooklyn....not even gonna comment on that cause I might increminate myself! :flower:

We are glad Lambert is back. Sounds like the boys are working hard. If this group will freaking pay the price, it's gonna be a real good year. If not, Ill spend the fall looking for rare Beastie cuts! :thumb:

I got to thinking, My post about the team is pretty freaking arrogant. I guess I think I'm the god of football and I decide when a player matures. I thought it would be last year, maybe it will be this year....maybe Never! No one knows?

Either way...hearing more good news.

Boys working hard! That is always good news! Cheetah is playing! Fast is never bad! :thumb:

The More good news is Mr. Duncan has decided to play tackle football. Great feet and hips, incredible nose for the ball. Natural DB. He and Cheetah playing corners is a huge upgrade to the secondary. And you say....All we need is a coach! :thumb:

Coach Pike has stepped up and is helping out this year. Coach Pike was the D coordinator for the 2008 Middle School (the one that ran TL's defense and crushed all comers!) He also has a State Championship ring from '92 and was one of the best QB/DB in Indian History. He is a police officer too, so if you talk smack and can shoot you! :rolleyes:

Huge upgrade on defense for a team's offense that avereaged 28 points per game last year. Man, that orange an white kool-aid is starting to look good! :hungry: