oneida 2012

CleatlessInjun

I love the Oneida football politics! Looks like they are on the same path as Tennessee football(same color and all). The best thing Oneida could do is roll out the red carpet for for ol Lambo and let him put their face in the dirt again when he decides his ego is too big for Oneida once more. Maybe they can hire Dooley after Kiffin I mean Lambert leaves after this class of 20+ seniors. :roflol: Keep it up boys everyone on the outside loves to see the drama.

Let's not forget that Coach Brewster stepped up when TL decided the grass was greener in Anderson County. Took the tribe to the quarterfinals of the playoffs this year all while the team struggled to overcome some key injuries. Folks, this change was brought about by back room dealing and that stinks. The way that this was handled stinks and if TL was a part of the dealings, well that tells me all I need to know about his PCC. Remember, he walked out on Oneida. Black eye on the program IMHO.

Well it's OFFICIAL that COACH BREWSTER is gone and is no longer the HEAD COACH. Now, is he still on staff or gonna be, who knows. I do know this, this Class of upcoming Seniors have been ROBBED from Coach Brewster and from their senior year. This stinks, I don't like it one bit.The school board says they are gonna do a full scale search for his replacement. Anybody wanna make a wager on it? :thumb: I know its prolly not gonna be revealed why but I'm curious as the reasoning behind this move. What had he done or not done that caused him to be fired? Don't guess we will ever know the REAL TRUTH behind it, but I'm sure rumors will fly as to the reasons.

Coach Brewster, thanks for what YOU and YOUR FAMILY have done for the ONEIDA FOOTBALL PROGRAM and FACILITIES!!!!!

As far as what happened, I imagine that a certain female in authority told a certain coach that he had "lost control of his team" just a wild guess. I assume of course that the school board approved of this decision and i sincerely hope that they are proud of their decision because until some sort of solid reasoning is presented, I am ashamed of everyone who supported this decision.

So the competition from the Highlander schedule is too tough for TL. Being in the toughest district in the state is too much for TL. This is something that the Highlanders have to face every year. Highlanders played the top 3 teams in the state this year. So i take it when the competition gets tough just move to the cupcake district so you can rack up the numbers in the "W" column.

It is pretty obvious what will happen to the Oneida football program. TL will probably assume a position teaching at Oneida in January. He should not have left Oneida the first time. I hate that Coach Brewster will not have a chance to build upon this years success. Oneida is a place that should be in the mix year in and year out. They have strong support and great interest in the program. Couple this with single A football and you have a recipe for success. I have supported the Inidians over the years, but with Lambert at the helm ith will be harder the second time around. The drama and ego that he brings to a program is not needed. I hate that the Highlanders will have to find another coach. They need someone to stay with the program to steer it in the right direction. They are in the toughest region in the state. If you can win there, you can win anywhere. That is in no way meant to disrespect the boys in red. I am simply saying how tough it is to win in that district. Winning at Scott and winning at Oneida is two different venues. Guess TL didn't really believe he could build a program so he had to go where it was already established and eaiser.

I have had the opportunity to work with both coach Lambert & coach Brewster. Let me say I consider both to be personal friends & I believe they hold the same opinion of me as well. Any program would be very lucky to find themselves in a position to have EITHER on their staff. I do feel bad that coach Brewster's time as HC is over. He has been a very valuable member of the staff in various roles for several years now & I hope he has the opportunity to stay if he wishes to. I personally think if John is leaving then Tony would be a very good hire for Oneida. Say or think what you will about Tony. He is a good man with a passion for the game & a caring heart for his players. Folks near to his programs can tell you how much he does for players both current & former but most likely you'll never hear it from Tony himself. He will be how & who he is regardless of public opinion or, at least, he always has been. That is a quality that to me is respected. In my "perfect scenario" both would be on staff. I hope that can happen. Whether or not it will is yet to be seen. At any rate, John & Tony, best of luck to both of you wherever you are coaching next year. Hope neither of you will be surprised to see me propped up on your fence from time to time regardless of where that fence is.