Westmoreland Head Coaching Search

LeatherBalls

Rumor has it that quite a few applicants have applied...some interesting names being thrown out, and some of them I highly doubt have applied...but 1 applicant I heard would be a great fit. That's Kyle Shoulders from RBS. He fits everything Westmoreland needs right now. And some may not know this, but he began his football career in Westmoreland, playing Pee-Wee football through 6th grade. I remember watching him play back then and back in the day at MCHS.

Edited by spreadeagle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard, I think Kyle Shoulders is the best candidate for the job. Some of the people rumored to have applied don't have any Head Coaching experience, and to see what Shoulders has done with the Bulldogs since he has been there is impressive. Winless for 7 years??? He comes in and turns the program around. If he has enough guts to go to that program and change the culture at RBS, Westmoreland would benefit if he gets the job.

From what I have heard, I think Kyle Shoulders is the best candidate for the job. Some of the people rumored to have applied don't have any Head Coaching experience, and to see what Shoulders has done with the Bulldogs since he has been there is impressive. Winless for 7 years??? He comes in and turns the program around. If he has enough guts to go to that program and change the culture at RBS, Westmoreland would benefit if he gets the job.

Shoulders would be a great choice. He should get a lot of respect for taking the RBS job and gotten them to where they are. I think he would do great at Westmoreland if given the support.

What about Mr. Dobbs from Riverdale <_< He's a heck of a coach with a good coaching background with stops at POWERHOUSE programs like Hartsvagus and now Riverdale (my new public enemy #1) :twisted: he's old school cool and can run a good program for a Sumner county boy :thumb:

I think Shoulders and Dobbs are both solid candidates. Definitely the top two of the ones I've heard mentioned. I have seen RBS play Jackson County the last two years, and was really impressed with RBS. Whoever we get, I hope we go in the direction of a young, energetic coach who isn't going to leave us in a couple of years.

I think Shoulders and Dobbs are both solid candidates. Definitely the top two of the ones I've heard mentioned. I have seen RBS play Jackson County the last two years, and was really impressed with RBS. Whoever we get, I hope we go in the direction of a young, energetic coach who isn't going to leave us in a couple of years.

Besides Dobbs and Shoulders, who are some of the other applicants? I heard around 10 people have applied, but no names...Heard a rumor that a Beech coach applied?

I would hate to see Shoulders leave RBS, but if he would want to expand his coaching career he needs to leave RBS. Westmoreland is close to home for him and would be just an overall good fit IF he chose to leave.

Shoulders has coached 2 of my sons over the years,it would be a loss for RBS.4a football is a big step up,one that Shoulders needs,I have watched Westmorland since 2004 either jr high or high school.Kinda stuck in the middle of bigger school systems,but always a hard nosed team.Shoulders has put a winning attitude into RBS,i coached with him 1 year daylight and dark from first day to now,even if this means coaching against my youngest son,given the chance Shoulders would continue the tradition at Westmorland,just my opinion,and good luck in your search.