Tri-County Seven

coachh17

Despite some requests to do otherwise, the only change I have this week is at the top. Hope everyone stays healthy through the holiday tournaments and has a Merry Christmas!

1. Cloudland A (10-2)- Home win in overtime over Unicoi County earns the Lady Landers the top spot. I believe they will hold on to it for a long time. This team is a contender for the Single A gold ball.

2. Unicoi County AA (8-2)- Interesting rematch at Chuckey-Doak Monday. Lady Devils spanked the Lady Knights 71-38 the first time.

3. Elizabethton AA (5-5)- This team has evened their record at 5-5 and are starting to gel. Guard depth is still an issue, but the top seven players are solid. I do not see many more losses coming.

4. Hampton A (6-2)- Have done nothing to deserve being moved down. Actually they are really playing well and I believe they are more physical and better defensively than Unaka right now.

5. Unaka A (7-4)- Nice win over Sullivan East, but East is not a good defensive team. Have a chance to prove something at Unicoi County Tuesday.

6. Happy Valley AA (6-5)- Lost 34-60 to Hampton. Are beating the teams they should beat, but do not have a good win yet.

7. Johnson County AA (1-8)- Crushed 24-60 by Elizabethton. Wins are going to be few and far between until they find some players that can score consistently.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go out on a limb and say Cloudland by 22 @ Unaka and by 29 to 35 at Cloudland. Hampton and Cloudland match up better than Unaka and Cloudland. Although I believe if Unaka shoots the ball well at home I think they could give Hampton a fit. I do believe Unaka has improved quiet a bit but their inconsistency is the only thing that worrys me in the conference.

I will go out on a limb and say Cloudland by 22 @ Unaka and by 29 to 35 at Cloudland. Hampton and Cloudland match up better than Unaka and Cloudland. Although I believe if Unaka shoots the ball well at home I think they could give Hampton a fit. I do believe Unaka has improved quiet a bit but their inconsistency is the only thing that worrys me in the conference.

Id say your post is spot-on. Those 'Lander girls can play and although Im quiet fond of that Wilson girl (she's just gonna keep getting better), Ill be hoping my Lady DOGS pull out the W when they meet :thumb:

BTW, like the profile name :D

I know very catchy :mrgreen: Between the post play of Rhodes and Wilson and the sharp shooting of the Clarke girl I see Hampton having alot of problems guarding Cloudland. However when Dorthy shoots the ball well and the post players are rebounding and getting scrap points along with the other guards getting a few buckets here and there they are very tough. But I think the key is if Cloudland jumps out on Hampton early then it's pretty much a done deal,But if Hampton can contain Cloudland and force them to take bad shots and not let them have 2nd chances on offense then I think this could be a good series both home and away but I will throw a prediction out there just for the heck of it.

Cloudland-65

Hampton-45 @ Cloudland

Cloudland-58

Hampton-40 @ Hampton

The ladies are at Watauga tonight. The Pioneers are pretty good. They remind me a little bit of elizabethton only not quite as good. I'm definitely looking forward to the challenging district games ahead. Being pushed to the limit every time you step on the floor prepares you best for the state tournament. Play loose. 8-)

Unicoi County beat Unaka 79-58 at Unaka last night. The Lady Rangers are just not physical and defensive-minded enough right now to beat Unicoi, Elizabethton, or Cloudland. However, they are good enough offensively to beat a lot of other teams this year. I am most curious about how they will match-up with Hampton. My gut tells me Hampton will beat them by about 12 at Hampton and by 6 on the Creek.