George Quarles v.s. Ricky Bowers

JSamson7

The charity was Vanderbilt children hospital ... Known fact and fair ...people who know what went on understand what happened with the negotiations and why the game did not go down. Required a little bending on the Maryville alcoa side but both MBA and ENS were in. Ensworth even left the schedule open but instead played MUS ... And played them again playoffs which makes no sense for them

That wasn't the point of the Blount County Bowl. Maryville and Alcoa didn't want to bend and I don't blame them. Heck ole D2 is so big and bad like you say they wouldn't have cared to play a 2 game away series. :ph34r:

Here are a few more facts since I have my pocket knife out...more FACTS to chew on. From 1969 until 1974 Brentwood Academy was 1A. In 1975 BA moved up and had an enrollment of 102 students in the entire school. They won the 1A state championship in 1974, five short years after the school was founded. In 1976 with less than 200 students they were thumped by Maryville in the 2A state championship. 27-0. Maryville played in 4 straight state championships from 1976-1979. Winning 2 losing 2. Both Brentwood Academy and Maryville played in the same 2A state division up until 1992. From 1976 until 1992 Brentwood Academy played in 11 State Championships, winning 6 losing 5. In 1993 Brentwood Academy was moved up to 4A. They played in the 4A State Championship game in 93. In 1995 they moved up to 5A the top division in the state and won the State Championship in 1995, and 1996. Maryville stayed in 4A. The private schools split in 1997 and what a shocker, Maryville played in the state championship game that year 1997 for the first time in almost 20 years. For the record Alcoa beat BA for the state championship once in 1989 when BA was a legitimate established school. I am not knocking Maryville. Good team but when you guys start to throw out your most state championships ....perfect records...I just say ******* asterick

You just don't get it do you? If people wanted to they could say put astericks beside every state championship that a Private school won while playing with the Publics since they can RECRUIT! You just hate to admit that a public school like Maryville could compete with Private schools. Maryville wasn't a power house before GQ got there. Sure they would have some good years, but not as good the past 12 years. Like i've stated before Maryville would not have as many state championships in D2 being a public school but give GQ the right to recruit then it would be scary for D2 teams.

. Ok make corn elder run the ball with one arm behind his back for being from murfreesboro since the privates recruit. It's all you got when you don't have facts and you have this wrong too... The private schools do not recruit kids to play... Parents search out a good school for their kids just like they do in maryville because you guys have one of the best public schools on the state education wise. People move to maryville for the town, jobs the education, football ... People look at the private schools for the same reason. This has been hashed over and over and over again on here. My kids are zoned for Hillsboro. It's not a bad school but there is problems there. All of my kids are athletes and go to private schools and my wife and I made that sacrifice. I grew up 100 percent public my whole life ... So I get it alright. No one from Brentwood academy, Ensworth or MBA never knocked on my door and asked me to consider their schools. Not once have I ever been approached by anyone. People move to Williamson county for the schools too ... I don't get your point. This post was started GQ or Ricky bowers and 99 percent of the responders are maryville biased. So I thought I would stick up for Ricky and throw down some facts that people forget. Maryville and Alcoa are good teams but don't tell me GQ or Rankin would have won 8 or 9 state championships if the privates were in 6a or 5a or 4 a or wherever you play.

. Ok make corn elder run the ball with one arm behind his back for being from murfreesboro since the privates recruit. It's all you got when you don't have facts and you have this wrong too... The private schools do not recruit kids to play... Parents search out a good school for their kids just like they do in maryville because you guys have one of the best public schools on the state education wise. People move to maryville for the town, jobs the education, football ... People look at the private schools for the same reason. This has been hashed over and over and over again on here. My kids are zoned for Hillsboro. It's not a bad school but there is problems there. All of my kids are athletes and go to private schools and my wife and I made that sacrifice. I grew up 100 percent public my whole life ... So I get it alright. No one from Brentwood academy, Ensworth or MBA never knocked on my door and asked me to consider their schools. Not once have I ever been approached by anyone. People move to Williamson county for the schools too ... I don't get your point. This post was started GQ or Ricky bowers and 99 percent of the responders are maryville biased. So I thought I would stick up for Ricky and throw down some facts that people forget. Maryville and Alcoa are good teams but don't tell me GQ or Rankin would have won 8 or 9 state championships if the privates were in 6a or 5a or 4 a or wherever you play.

You are clueless if you think private schools do not recruit kids to play :rolleyes: . Just because someone didn't come knocking on YOUR door doesn't mean they don't recruit other kids. I have friends that were recruited in AAU, Rec leagues, middle school ball to go to private schools because of sports (nothing wrong with that since they play in d2). Your first post on this thread was about how maryville would get beat by Ensworth, Baylor, BA, MBA, MUS, etc. not throwing down stats about Ricky. If GQ coached at a private school and could recruit he would have just as many state championships as he does at Maryville. Year in and Year out Maryville beats teams that are more athletic than them ex. Melrose when they had kids going to UT and Miami. GQ is always a step ahead of the other coach

Here is a fact about this year Maryville is ranked higher than Ensworth in national poles. Fact: Maryville beat every team that was placed in front of them.

Done arguing with you since like someone posted before you will never get it so its wasting my breath

Qoat... Unbyeussed Rivals.... #15 Mairvul...Endswerth #39 ......

Both Macks Preps poles (unbyeussed)....#8 Mairvul....(unrainked) Endswerth

#11 Mairvul ....#12 Endswerth....

unbyeussed computer pole (Sonny Moore).....Mairvul #1....Endswerth #2.....

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm

........Un Qoat.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Here are a few more facts since I have my pocket knife out..Both Brentwood Academy and Maryville played in the same 2A state division up until 1992.

1. Uhhh BIGANTUT74....yore pockitt nife neads two bee sharpuned.....

bee. Mairvul mooved two 3A inn 1987...While'st BA stayed down inn 2A....Phact.

3. BA iz 1-3 agin Mairvul and Alcouh....Phact.

4. Mairvul and Alcouh iz 5-1 agin D2 skools....Phact.

e. Inn tha yeers that Alcouh beet McCally...Mairvul beet Alcouh....Phact.

6. Mairvul's good playurs wif good speed and good wait rume numburrs moove two Mairvul fer tha xcellunt garbige servuss....Phact.

gee. Eye wooda maid sum munny two hep pay Endswerth's travellun xpenses up fer tha Blunt Bowl laist Awgust....Phact.

8. Eye cain't find a unbyeussed pole that haz Endswerth rainked ahead ov Mairvul at the end ov tha 2011 seesun....Phact.

eye. Eye will nock on a good playurs doar....Phact.

10. Cents yore braggin abowt 12 skools (D2) playin inn 17 Stait Champeenships frum '76 two '97....Mairvul and Alcouh's 9 Stait Champeenship Gaim uhpeerences frum onlee 2 teems, iz a lot higher purrcintige fer jist 2 skools (accordin two my Allinwick rithmatick) than tha AFC East.....uhhh eye meen D2....Phact.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

1. Uhhh BIGANTUT74....yore pockitt nife neads two bee sharpuned.....

bee. Mairvul mooved two 3A inn 1987...While'st BA stayed down inn 2A....Phact.

3. BA iz 1-3 agin Mairvul and Alcouh....Phact.

4. Mairvul and Alcouh iz 5-1 agin D2 skools....Phact.

e. Inn tha yeers that Alcouh beet McCally...Mairvul beet Alcouh....Phact.

6. Mairvul's good playurs wif good speed and good wait rume numburrs moove two Mairvul fer tha xcellunt garbige servuss....Phact.

gee. Eye wooda maid sum munny two hep pay Endswerth's travellun xpenses up fer tha Blunt Bowl laist Awgust....Phact.

8. Eye cain't find a unbyeussed pole that haz Endswerth rainked ahead ov Mairvul at the end ov tha 2011 seesun....Phact.

eye. Eye will nock on a good playurs doar....Phact.

10. Cents yore braggin abowt 12 skools (D2) playin inn 17 Stait Champeenships frum '76 two '97....Mairvul and Alcouh's 9 Stait Champeenship Gaim uhpeerences frum onlee 2 teems, iz a lot higher purrcintige fer jist 2 skools (accordin two my Allinwick rithmatick) than tha AFC East.....uhhh eye meen D2....Phact.... :popcorneater:

I smell smoke cuz STARS just burnt somebody's buttock!! Phact

FACTS ARE that there are private schools are already in the public division, but since they recruit they have what's called a "multiplier", ask your "coach friend" about that one. FACTS ARE BA has lost more championships than they've have won against public schools. Close to 60% of the time a public school was the one beating them on the field. FACT IS YES that they have lower enrollment #'s becasue they're a private school, but a majority of the student bodies there wouldn't be zoned for that school if they were in the public system.

You say you're family is zoned for Hillsboro & you sent them private. I can believe that, wouldn't blame you at all. 3 of my best friends (all former D1 athletes) played for & were recruited to Father Ryan. 2 of them lived in Paragon Mills close to Harding Place & the other all the way out in Wilson County. None of them sure would have been zoned for Father Ryan, but 90% of the kids at Maryville & Alcoa are at least zoned for those 2 schools. The ones who aren't in the city at least live in the same county & 9 times out of 10 live closer to the city school than the others anyway.

All of you guys should be giving thanks to McCallie for wrestling recruiting as well as BA for football recruiting & THAT'S A FACT. The backbreaker was McCallie's violation causing a delay of the 1995 TSSAA State wrestling tournament. That screw up directly affected more schools than any previous violation in the history of the TSSAA & led the drum beat for splitting the systems altogether. It led to more resentment between the schools, watered down the public division cutting out at least 2-3 good programs for each sport, & usually gave the private schools a sorry excuse of a champion who faced only a handful of worthy challengers to the title.

Face it though, private schools always have & always will recruit, if they wanted to be under the same system they could man up & follow Knox Catholic & CAK's lead, & NONE OF THE SCHOOLS (public & private) would have as many titles as they have now. All it takes is simple math to figure that one out.

Yeah done because you have no facts ...none at all and you have no clue about what goes on at the private schools. Here is what I am clued in enough to know. You dont live in Nashville and have no idea how things work in private school. The recruitment issue is just an excuse I hear over an over when people have no fact. Do you think private schools go out and hand pick athletes and give them full rides..? Do you think this is college? Most of the parents who CHOOSE to send their kids to any of the private schools and receive some form of aid.....most are making huge sacrifices to send their kids there. Most want a better environment for their kids. Its not free and most athletes on any type of aid package which is determined by an outside company, pay. A $5,000 to $6,000 dollar commitment to a single mom or a family that is barely making it is a huge sacrifice. You also have to maintain grades A-B or else you dont stay. They also need to apply and be accepted into the school. So all of this really eliminates a huge mass of athletes. Corn Elder lives in Murfreesboro which is an 45 miles from Ensworth. School starts at 7:30, which means he is up at 4am. He plays Football and Basketball. He arrives back home at 9:30. He is zoned for Oakland. His dad was a star football player at Oakland. Why on earth would a kid sacrifice and put up with a schedule like that if there was no value in it for him. Just go to Oakland. Riverdale hated and that is putting it mildly , Carlton Flatts and Brentwood Academy because they could not beat the privates. Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, the Memphis schools would not beat them either on a regular basis. All of my facts are facts that I pulled from the database on Tennessee football. They are facts. It is easy to look and say Alcoa and Maryville started to rack up state titles because of Rankin and Quarles. There is some truth in that, but I could make the arguement that Brentwood Academy would have 16 or 17 state titles if the divisions had remained the same. Matter of Fact I believe the privates would have won 80% of the state titles in the highest division 4A -5A or 6A had they stayed in there. Why do you think TSSAA decided to create D2. If the public schools were beating up on the privates, do you think they would have made that change. I gave you the facts plain and simple for anyone to see. Maryville has not played a private in Nashville since the 70's. I am sure any of the schools would welcome a visit.

You are clueless if you think private schools do not recruit kids to play :rolleyes: . Just because someone didn't come knocking on YOUR door doesn't mean they don't recruit other kids. I have friends that were recruited in AAU, Rec leagues, middle school ball to go to private schools because of sports (nothing wrong with that since they play in d2). Your first post on this thread was about how maryville would get beat by Ensworth, Baylor, BA, MBA, MUS, etc. not throwing down stats about Ricky. If GQ coached at a private school and could recruit he would have just as many state championships as he does at Maryville. Year in and Year out Maryville beats teams that are more athletic than them ex. Melrose when they had kids going to UT and Miami. GQ is always a step ahead of the other coach

Here is a fact about this year Maryville is ranked higher than Ensworth in national poles. Fact: Maryville beat every team that was placed in front of them.

Done arguing with you since like someone posted before you will never get it so its wasting my breath

Carlton Flatts and Brentwood Academy win loss record versus public schools in the state of TN was 317-21. Starting in 1973 and including the years he coached the teams.

FACTS ARE that there are private schools are already in the public division, but since they recruit they have what's called a "multiplier", ask your "coach friend" about that one. FACTS ARE BA has lost more championships than they've have won against public schools. Close to 60% of the time a public school was the one beating them on the field. FACT IS YES that they have lower enrollment #'s becasue they're a private school, but a majority of the student bodies there wouldn't be zoned for that school if they were in the public system.

You say you're family is zoned for Hillsboro & you sent them private. I can believe that, wouldn't blame you at all. 3 of my best friends (all former D1 athletes) played for & were recruited to Father Ryan. 2 of them lived in Paragon Mills close to Harding Place & the other all the way out in Wilson County. None of them sure would have been zoned for Father Ryan, but 90% of the kids at Maryville & Alcoa are at least zoned for those 2 schools. The ones who aren't in the city at least live in the same county & 9 times out of 10 live closer to the city school than the others anyway.

All of you guys should be giving thanks to McCallie for wrestling recruiting as well as BA for football recruiting & THAT'S A FACT. The backbreaker was McCallie's violation causing a delay of the 1995 TSSAA State wrestling tournament. That screw up directly affected more schools than any previous violation in the history of the TSSAA & led the drum beat for splitting the systems altogether. It led to more resentment between the schools, watered down the public division cutting out at least 2-3 good programs for each sport, & usually gave the private schools a sorry excuse of a champion who faced only a handful of worthy challengers to the title.

Face it though, private schools always have & always will recruit, if they wanted to be under the same system they could man up & follow Knox Catholic & CAK's lead, & NONE OF THE SCHOOLS (public & private) would have as many titles as they have now. All it takes is simple math to figure that one out.

Rankin??...Better than Quarles?? I would have to disagree with this statement. Rankin is a good coach, but he is not in the same class as GQ. His feelings should not be hurt though, neither is any one else in this state.

How can you say Gary is not in the class as GQ? Both are excellent coaches and have a proven successful history. BUT Gary has been successful at multiple schools, different communities, different players, different administrations, different parts of the state, etc. Both are winners and East TN is lucky to have them both.

Plus they play the hand their dealt. No disrespect to the private school coaches but coaching in public school is different.