George Quarles v.s. Ricky Bowers

JSamson7

1. Yeah done because you have no facts ...none at all and you have no clue about what goes on at the private schools. Here is what I am clued in enough to know. You dont live in Nashville and have no idea how things work in private school....

2. Maryville has not played a private in Nashville since the 70's. I am sure any of the schools would welcome a visit......

1. Yeah dont chee no ennythang Jsamson7.....Nashvul iz tha onlee place inn Tinnersee that haiv privitts...No wait....

2. Ain't no D2 privitt played inn Mairvul cents....uhhhhhhhhhhh....ferever....If onlee eye wooda haiv printid up moore munny fer Endswerth two maik tha tripp last Awgust....Eye wuz gonna welcome thair vizit....Phact :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

1. Yeah dont chee no ennythang Jsamson7.....Nashvul iz tha onlee place inn Tinnersee that haiv privitts...No wait....

2. Ain't no D2 privitt played inn Mairvul cents....uhhhhhhhhhhh....ferever....If onlee eye wooda haiv printid up moore munny fer Endswerth two maik tha tripp last Awgust....Eye wuz gonna welcome thair vizit....Phact :popcorneater:

Enough! We know that Maryville can't play with the big boys. That "phact" was decided long ago so you guys need to quit arguing about it.

MBA and ENS both agreed if there was a home and home game . The proceeds of the Nashville game was going to cover cost and go to charity ... The counter offer was declined by Maryville and Alcoa. So let's get the facts straight. I am at the MBA gym right this at basketball practice and one of the coaches just laughed out loud when I read him this post. It is a known fact that one of the nashville privates have reached out to both Maryville and alcoa each year with little success. Why else would they play top ranked teams out of state when they could develop a rivalry right here ... First two games are free. So the Blount county bowl could have had alcoa vs MBA and ENS versus Maryville if the Blount county teams agreed on a two year deal.

So you're a real Gentleman and a Scholar then , aren't you ??!! Really classy of you to try and diminish some young men's accomplishments on here . I guess if I wanted to lower myself to your standards I could make fun of your school that just got caught cheating , right ?? I mean , how in the world do you cheat in DII ? I guess since your school is going through a hard time right now , you just decided to jump on the Ensworth , BA , and anybody but Maryville bandwagon didn't you ? Tell your coaching Buddy there at MBA that we're Laughing out Loud at you and all of the Gentleman and Scholars who were caught Red Handed CHEATING .

Maybe if Maryville stretched the Rules like your team apparently does , we would be more impressive to you ... since we don't believe in cheating , we'll just settle for our 15th in the Nation Ranking by Rivals and Number 1 overall in the State of Tennessee... and be happy with it .

Yeah done because you have no facts ...none at all and you have no clue about what goes on at the private schools. Here is what I am clued in enough to know. You dont live in Nashville and have no idea how things work in private school. The recruitment issue is just an excuse I hear over an over when people have no fact. Do you think private schools go out and hand pick athletes and give them full rides..? Do you think this is college? Most of the parents who CHOOSE to send their kids to any of the private schools and receive some form of aid.....most are making huge sacrifices to send their kids there. Most want a better environment for their kids. Its not free and most athletes on any type of aid package which is determined by an outside company, pay. A $5,000 to $6,000 dollar commitment to a single mom or a family that is barely making it is a huge sacrifice. You also have to maintain grades A-B or else you dont stay. They also need to apply and be accepted into the school. So all of this really eliminates a huge mass of athletes. Corn Elder lives in Murfreesboro which is an 45 miles from Ensworth. School starts at 7:30, which means he is up at 4am. He plays Football and Basketball. He arrives back home at 9:30. He is zoned for Oakland. His dad was a star football player at Oakland. Why on earth would a kid sacrifice and put up with a schedule like that if there was no value in it for him. Just go to Oakland. Riverdale hated and that is putting it mildly , Carlton Flatts and Brentwood Academy because they could not beat the privates. Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, the Memphis schools would not beat them either on a regular basis. All of my facts are facts that I pulled from the database on Tennessee football. They are facts. It is easy to look and say Alcoa and Maryville started to rack up state titles because of Rankin and Quarles. There is some truth in that, but I could make the arguement that Brentwood Academy would have 16 or 17 state titles if the divisions had remained the same. Matter of Fact I believe the privates would have won 80% of the state titles in the highest division 4A -5A or 6A had they stayed in there. Why do you think TSSAA decided to create D2. If the public schools were beating up on the privates, do you think they would have made that change. I gave you the facts plain and simple for anyone to see. Maryville has not played a private in Nashville since the 70's. I am sure any of the schools would welcome a visit.

I just stated facts in my last post there Mr. I think I know everything. You are correct I do not live in Nashville but FYI there are other private schools besides in Nashville FACT! FACT Private Schools Recruit! Like i've stated before I know of friends that were recruited to play sports at a D2 private schools FACT. FACT Maryville is ranked higher than Ensworth in every approved pole. Your throwing out stuff that is from back in the 70's. Could the privates beat them back then? maybe Could they beat them now? Maybe. Why the TSSAA created D2 was because of an unfair advantge of recruiting players. If all rules were the same as public and private schools there would be no D2. Just don't get on here running your mouth when 1. You don't know anything if you think private schools don't recruit. 2. Your buddy at MBA that laughed at this goes to a school that got caught for CHEATING.

I understand your points but you did not mine. What I was saying is that when all the teams played together from 1976 to 1997 a private school was in the state championship game 17 of the 21 times. Which means a public school played a public school 4 times. I only looked at the division Maryville was in at the time and only two private schools played in the state title over those years....Brentwood Academy and MUS. The private school team won 10 of the 21 state championships. So lets take your analogy of 17 teams versus the two ( Maryville and Alcoa) If 17 private schools are fighting for the state championship along with how many hundred public schools, what does that say about the strength of both sides. I am not debating that if Maryville would have won another one or two state championships after 1997 had those scant number of private schools remained in the mix. I just do not believe Maryville or Alcoa would have had more than 2 added to their record since 1929. Its not your fault that you built your football prowess over the past 14 years against less than the best talent in the state of Tennessee.

1. Uhhh BIGANTUT74....yore pockitt nife neads two bee sharpuned.....

bee. Mairvul mooved two 3A inn 1987...While'st BA stayed down inn 2A....Phact.

3. BA iz 1-3 agin Mairvul and Alcouh....Phact.

4. Mairvul and Alcouh iz 5-1 agin D2 skools....Phact.

e. Inn tha yeers that Alcouh beet McCally...Mairvul beet Alcouh....Phact.

6. Mairvul's good playurs wif good speed and good wait rume numburrs moove two Mairvul fer tha xcellunt garbige servuss....Phact.

gee. Eye wooda maid sum munny two hep pay Endswerth's travellun xpenses up fer tha Blunt Bowl laist Awgust....Phact.

8. Eye cain't find a unbyeussed pole that haz Endswerth rainked ahead ov Mairvul at the end ov tha 2011 seesun....Phact.

eye. Eye will nock on a good playurs doar....Phact.

10. Cents yore braggin abowt 12 skools (D2) playin inn 17 Stait Champeenships frum '76 two '97....Mairvul and Alcouh's 9 Stait Champeenship Gaim uhpeerences frum onlee 2 teems, iz a lot higher purrcintige fer jist 2 skools (accordin two my Allinwick rithmatick) than tha AFC East.....uhhh eye meen D2....Phact.... :popcorneater:

I'll run my mouth if I want to run my mouth. This is a free forum and I am not afraid to speak my mind. Once again the only facts you got are the recruiting....blah blah blah...line the boys up ...man to man and all I am saying is Maryville nor Alcoa would run through D2 and WOULD NOT have won all those gold balls since 1997. Never happen in your lifetime or mine. I played D1 football, my father was an all American Tackle at a major D1 school. Been around the game for longer than you can imagine, so I put my 300 pound rump where my mouth is on many friday and saturday.

I just stated facts in my last post there Mr. I think I know everything. You are correct I do not live in Nashville but FYI there are other private schools besides in Nashville FACT! FACT Private Schools Recruit! Like i've stated before I know of friends that were recruited to play sports at a D2 private schools FACT. FACT Maryville is ranked higher than Ensworth in every approved pole. Your throwing out stuff that is from back in the 70's. Could the privates beat them back then? maybe Could they beat them now? Maybe. Why the TSSAA created D2 was because of an unfair advantge of recruiting players. If all rules were the same as public and private schools there would be no D2. Just don't get on here running your mouth when 1. You don't know anything if you think private schools don't recruit. 2. Your buddy at MBA that laughed at this goes to a school that got caught for CHEATING.

did not say I am from MBA...was in the gym for other reason. I like the shcool though. I dont think the people at MBA give a rip about what you think bro. Nor Ensworth, or BA. thats why none of them every comment on here. Better things to do. This tread was started by comparing Ricky and George and 99% of the posters are from Maryville. I am not, so I have my two cents worth.

So you're a real Gentleman and a Scholar then , aren't you ??!! Really classy of you to try and diminish some young men's accomplishments on here . I guess if I wanted to lower myself to your standards I could make fun of your school that just got caught cheating , right ?? I mean , how in the world do you cheat in DII ? I guess since your school is going through a hard time right now , you just decided to jump on the Ensworth , BA , and anybody but Maryville bandwagon didn't you ? Tell your coaching Buddy there at MBA that we're Laughing out Loud at you and all of the Gentleman and Scholars who were caught Red Handed CHEATING .

Maybe if Maryville stretched the Rules like your team apparently does , we would be more impressive to you ... since we don't believe in cheating , we'll just settle for our 15th in the Nation Ranking by Rivals and Number 1 overall in the State of Tennessee... and be happy with it .

Congratulations...first time ever being ranked by rivals....Alcoa has been ranked more and MBA, BA, Ensworth and MUS have been ranked 12 times. You guys did get ranked once by USA today though. Congrats on that.

did not say I am from MBA...was in the gym for other reason. I like the shcool though. I dont think the people at MBA give a rip about what you think bro. Nor Ensworth, or BA. thats why none of them every comment on here. Better things to do. This tread was started by comparing Ricky and George and 99% of the posters are from Maryville. I am not, so I have my two cents worth.

Anthony Richardson ??

Yo Bro , Maryville is ranked ahead of all your precious DII schools in every poll out there ... maybe not your poll , but everyone that matters .

I'll run my mouth if I want to run my mouth. This is a free forum and I am not afraid to speak my mind. Once again the only facts you got are the recruiting....blah blah blah...line the boys up ...man to man and all I am saying is Maryville nor Alcoa would run through D2 and WOULD NOT have won all those gold balls since 1997. Never happen in your lifetime or mine. I played D1 football, my father was an all American Tackle at a major D1 school. Been around the game for longer than you can imagine, so I put my 300 pound rump where my mouth is on many friday and saturday.

You might want to learn to read then if the only FACT you saw from my post was about recruiting :roflol: . There was the Fact that there are private schools outside of Nashville. There also was the Fact that Maryville IS ranked higher than Ensworth. Maryville tried to line the boys up in the Blount Co. Bowl this year but you respectfully declined. Give GQ a private school like MBA BA Baylor Ensworth and they would have ran through d2 or let Maryville and Alcoa recruit and they would run through d2. Glad you played big time ball. I also had played football since the age of 5 and coached high school ball

Edited by Swipes

Congratulations...first time ever being ranked by rivals....Alcoa has been ranked more and MBA, BA, Ensworth and MUS have been ranked 12 times. You guys did get ranked once by USA today though. Congrats on that.

This isn't the first time Maryville has been ranked in the nation. They were 6th by ESPN in 07 and have been ranked in the top 50 over a handful of times while GQ has been the coach

Swipes, BIGANUT74 is just stupid & we'll have to accept it. I just posted FACTS for him & his argument was I had none. I DID live in Nashville, have a ton of friends & teammates who went through the private system, & yet he still says I don't have any facts. They may not give all of them full rides, but trust me they get something to come there.

As a matter of fact, I talked to one today at lunch who's related to Rico Watson out of Ensworth. He said knows FOR A FACT that Rico was recruited to Ensworth & Corn was as well. Both of them played for his son's Jr. Pro teams in Murfreesboro growing up & Ensworth was currently after another relative of his from Blackman.

I will say this though, I'm not going to fault a kid for wanting to go to a private school even if meant making a few sacrifices to make it happen. Most of them agreed that their public schools weren't as "safe" so to speak as Maryville or Alcoa but if they were they probably would have stuck closer to home.