Dyer County mens. Thoughts?

gobigorange90

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It;s hard to tell at this point. They haven't really played any upper echelon teams. We will find out how good they are against Christian County Ky. in a few days.

I agree.Dyer Co has an excellen t team but hasn't played any top echelon teams like dcballas stated.Don't see anyone in the distict that will beat Dyer Co or anyone on the schedule during the regular season.Brighton may could give them a decent game with Demetrius Dyson and also have another good player in Starks but don't think they have enough overall.I think Dyer co goes undefeated during the regular season as far as the local schools.Don't know the type of teams they'll be facing in Florida.Would loved to have seen them play the Florida team that was in Dyersburg a couple weeks ago.

I agree.Dyer Co has an excellen t team but hasn't played any top echelon teams like dcballas stated.Don't see anyone in the distict that will beat Dyer Co or anyone on the schedule during the regular season.Brighton may could give them a decent game with Demetrius Dyson and also have another good player in Starks but don't think they have enough overall.I think Dyer co goes undefeated during the regular season as far as the local schools.Don't know the type of teams they'll be facing in Florida.Would loved to have seen them play the Florida team that was in Dyersburg a couple weeks ago.

I would love to see DC host a tournament with some top flight teams. I am sure a couple of the better Memphis teams wouldn't mind coming up. Maybe some of the Atlanta area and St. Louis area teams too.

I would love to see DC host a tournament with some top flight teams. I am sure a couple of the better Memphis teams wouldn't mind coming up. Maybe some of the Atlanta area and St. Louis area teams too.

The only down thing on them would have to be size. Hubbs is there biggest guy, and he's tall, maybe not the strongest kid. I agree with the schedule being easy though, in respect to the others in the district. I just hope these guys dont end up making state and gettin up there against very talented teams and gettin beat. High Hopes though!

The only down thing on them would have to be size. Hubbs is there biggest guy, and he's tall, maybe not the strongest kid. I agree with the schedule being easy though, in respect to the others in the district. I just hope these guys dont end up making state and gettin up there against very talented teams and gettin beat. High Hopes though!

They will not be overwhelmed if they make it to state. Believe me the two teams that come out of the West will already have seen the best the state has to offer before they get to the boro. Sectionals might be a wakeup call though!

I dont think they make it to state and it will be hard for them to get out of region.Dont think they got enough size inside.Region will be Brighton,Craigmont,Bartlett,and substate will be one of So.Wind,Melrose,Ridgeway,East.I also think that DC will blow out Christian Co Ky who lost 55-36 to Kenwood.They have a nice team and i love the way they play,but i just dont see them beating one of those Memphis teams when it counts.

Very good this year. If there is year to get through Memphis this has to be it for them. Deep with Juniors and Seniors but they need one good big guy. Agree they should have pushed to schedule Southwind, Craigmont, Melrose, White Station etc this season. If they make it to a home substate game that will be their best shot.

Choctaws win 3 straight to take the Queen City Tournament Championship at Kenwood High School in Clarksville Tennessee.

After knocking off Northwest and Kenwood, the Choctaws throttled defending Kentucky state Champion Christian County 92-48.

The Choctaws (13-0) were 7-13 from the 3 point line and for the second night in a row had 5 players in double figures. Junior guard Robert Hubbs led all scor...es with 23 points, including 5 crowd pleasing dunks. Hubbs had 11 of the team's 32 points in the 3rd quarter when the flood gates opened up. Jamaal Ahmad, for the 2nd night in a row had 16 points, including a monster dunk on a breakaway. John Hudson added 13 points including 3 deep three point shots. Fred Yarbrough scored 12 points before fouling out late in the 3rd quarter and Bubba Bostic chipped in 10 points including 2 -3's from down town. We are exactly where we wanted to be headed into Christmas at 13-0. Our guys are sharing the ball and starting to really trust each other. These past 4 road games we have played our best defense of the season.