Lassiter steps down at Gallatin

mondo44

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good Coach and man. He will be missed by both Gallatin and even by folks not there. Good Luck finding one as good.

Does this mean a Rutherford County School will soon be looking for a replacement as well?

And joining a brother that looks like himself?

Edited by mykidsdad

I had heard before the season that Coach Alexander was interested, but don't know how true that was. He has a son on the team and two more "future Wave" sons, his wife works here at the hospital, and they live here. He was actually an assistant here several years ago. He would definitely be an excellent choice.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

I have received several texts and calls reguarding this event today.

From the information I am getting, Mark Williams has been named the interm head coach while the search begins. This job is getting mega interest from some very good coaches!!! This is just the first day of a what is going to be an exciting time for this community. The next coach has everything he needs to succeed, great facilities, a really good area, and a very hungry fan base!! Expect some huge names, like those which I have already heard and expected!!

Would not be surprised if Dwayne Alexander puts in for the job. Brent Alexander would have too many hanger-ons to be of any serious interest.

With the new transfer rules for the county and in county transfers....things are looking good for the Green Wave to the demise of many.

I have received several texts and calls reguarding this event today.

From the information I am getting, Mark Williams has been named the interm head coach while the search begins. This job is getting mega interest from some very good coaches!!! This is just the first day of a what is going to be an exciting time for this community. The next coach has everything he needs to succeed, great facilities, a really good area, and a very hungry fan base!! Expect some huge names, like those which I have already heard and expected!!

Would not be surprised if Dwayne Alexander puts in for the job. Brent Alexander would have too many hanger-ons to be of any serious interest.

With the new transfer rules for the county and in county transfers....things are looking good for the Green Wave to the demise of many.

GWave....who do you think are some potential candidates?

GWave....who do you think are some potential candidates?

I think the afore mentioned Dwayne Alexander is a good candidate. Reasons already given.

Roger Perry, too much parental drama in Mt Juliet

Kevin Creasy, already said last year he would be interested in the job.

Shadowens, proven coach with an a solid base of athletes in which to work with without the competition of 7-AAA

Jeff Porter, name always comes up when Gallatin has an opening

Gary Rankin, he was the #1 candidate before Lassiter got the job

Jerry Joslin, old stomping grounds

Mark Williams, already on staff

Ron Crawford, friends with Lassiter, may be a paycut but better athletes in which to choose from

Thomas D Woods, coaching at Tulane I think, hometown

Byron McCullough, hometown, I believe a highschool coach in Texas

those are a start but once the word gets out expect some from other parts of the state and out of state