Cloudland @ Unaka

Fiddlefitned

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a tough one, cause we've not played so swell either.

You'll have to do more than show up,Unaka on the road won't be an easy task. I've heard they are pretty good on offense,just don't play any defense. That won't get it done against the landers,they'll play hard both ways. It also looks like Devon will be a big asset the rest of the year,that kid has PASSION.

You'll have to do more than show up,Unaka on the road won't be an easy task. I've heard they are pretty good on offense,just don't play any defense. That won't get it done against the landers,they'll play hard both ways. It also looks like Devon will be a big asset the rest of the year,that kid has PASSION.

The way Zach has developed, Devon coming back from shoulder surgery, not to mention after Jeffrey practices a couple weeks and gets defense and off. plays down pat, looks like the Landers suddenly have depth.(not just depth but fired up, in your uniform with you on 'D', All 5 on the floor can score from anywhere kind of depth) :roflolk:

The way Zach has developed, Devon coming back from shoulder surgery, not to mention after Jeffrey practices a couple weeks and gets defense and off. plays down pat, looks like the Landers suddenly have depth.(not just depth but fired up, in your uniform with you on 'D', All 5 on the floor can score from anywhere kind of depth) :roflolk:

Wonder if Jeffery has been cleared to play,if so ,that would be 3 quality subs. Things looking up in landerland. Good luck tomorrow night.

Wonder if Jeffery has been cleared to play,if so ,that would be 3 quality subs. Things looking up in landerland. Good luck tomorrow night.

He was at the house today, said as of today he got his release from W.G.. Turned his ankle tho and it will be a week or so before he's back in action. Just in time to have the D and O down pat for the home stretch.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

How things have changed over the years. I use to coach in the smokey mountain conference back in the early to mid 90's when Unaka was a force. I have some great memories of those days. University High, Unaka, Cosby and Hancock where the power teams then, Cloudland, North Greene, Washburn, and Clinch were the second tier teams. One of the best games I was apart of was playing Unaka in the championship of the district tournament at Chuckey Doak in 1995 and Michael Burrow hitting a three from half court to beat us by 2.

How things have changed over the years. I use to coach in the smokey mountain conference back in the early to mid 90's when Unaka was a force. I have some great memories of those days. University High, Unaka, Cosby and Hancock where the power teams then, Cloudland, North Greene, Washburn, and Clinch were the second tier teams. One of the best games I was apart of was playing Unaka in the championship of the district tournament at Chuckey Doak in 1995 and Michael Burrow hitting a three from half court to beat us by 2.

Its been total domination by the Blue Alliance since about 2005. Unaka has only 1 victory over Cloudland since that year. Since then, the Landers have been a fixture in the state tournament. We only lack a gold ball for our efforts but anyone with eyes can see how the tradition has shifted toward this end of the county. Now with that said, you have to admire past players like current coach Dugger and Klein. They were good players and they love the program enough to come back and try to make things right. However, holding a clip board and playing the game are two different things. Those guys can't suit up and play for the current team so therefore I don't think anything will change on the court with the Blue Alliance running the show. :thumb:

How will either team fair in a sub- state with Teams from Region 2? anyone know or care to make a guess?

Region 2 seems to be a little down this year. But their records could just be a reflection of tough competition. I think whichever two teams come out of region 1 will have a pretty fair chance at sub-state at least. Both will definatly be battle tested. 5 tough teams in our region this year. Gettin back to the boro? I'll get back to you on that one.