up and coming coaches

TF38478

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both James Counce III and Paul Putman from the current Henry County staff have very bright futures.

Counce is the son of the current head coach; He serves as the program's offensive line and strength and conditioning coach. He also coached with his dad at both Dyersburg and MBA. Needless to say, he has learned from the best. Putman is HC's defensive coordinator and has been an assistant on the staff for years under coaching legends Joe Gaddis and James Counce Jr.

I am speaking strictly from the Chattanooga Area:

Tyler Rich-DC @ Red Bank (Younger)

Kraig Campbell-OC @ Red Bank

Tyrus Ward-OC @ Brainerd (Younger)

Gerald Jones-DB Coach @ East Hamilton (Younger)

Brad Benefield-DC @ Cleveland

David McMahan-WR Coach @ Cleveland (Younger)

Soddy Daisy has a young staff and I am sure there may be somebody down there that may be an up and coming coach

Baylor has a few assistants who would probably jump at the chance to be a head coach. They also have some younger coaches on their staff

Any thoughts or comments?

Donnie Webb- was great DC at Franklin, now at BGA, CW says hes getting a head gig this cycle

Alex Melton (DC at Marshall County)

Kevin Smith (DC at CPA under up and coming HC Ingle Martin

Does anybody know what Coach Eubanks, formerly of Independence, career future looks like? Would he get considered at Franklin or Brentwood?

I am speaking strictly from the Chattanooga Area:

Tyler Rich-DC @ Red Bank (Younger)

Kraig Campbell-OC @ Red Bank

Tyrus Ward-OC @ Brainerd (Younger)

Gerald Jones-DB Coach @ East Hamilton (Younger)

Brad Benefield-DC @ Cleveland

David McMahan-WR Coach @ Cleveland (Younger)

Soddy Daisy has a young staff and I am sure there may be somebody down there that may be an up and coming coach

Baylor has a few assistants who would probably jump at the chance to be a head coach. They also have some younger coaches on their staff

Any thoughts or comments?

Tyrus Ward is a good up and coming one.

Brad Benefield is a good one too.

How about Bledsoe's coaching staff.

Jason Reel HC has done a outstanding job turning around that program. Plus he has some good young coaches under him in Josh Owensby the OC and Brian Turner the DC. Before that staff came in bledsoe was a below .500 team pretty much every year. Now they have 3 district championships in 3 years as a staff.

Mcminn County has a few good young coaches.

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

Donnie Webb- was great DC at Franklin, now at BGA, CW says hes getting a head gig this cycle

Alex Melton (DC at Marshall County)

Kevin Smith (DC at CPA under up and coming HC Ingle Martin

Does anybody know what Coach Eubanks, formerly of Independence, career future looks like? Would he get considered at Franklin or Brentwood?

I would think that he would be a candidate for the Franklin job. I am still hoping he gets it. Does anyone even know if he has put his name in for it? His time at Independence was definitely fun to watch. We should have one a title if not for beating ourselves. Coach E would be the right man to straighten out the mess at FHS. Championships are waiting to be had.

How about Coach Fite and Coach Southerland from Springfield? Fite is an outstanding young man that seems to enjoy and know what he is doing. I just think Southerland is a good man that cares for his players, and watching him coach on Friday nights is a treat. Can you say ADHD with that Dr. Pepper in his hands at all times on the sidelines. First time I saw him with one I laughed, but it is something he drinks on the sidelines every game. Plus talking to these men they know what they are talking about! I see both of these men becoming head coaches in the near future if someone will give them a chance to prove they are worthy coaches.

Cheatham County has 2 great coordinators who are each in their early 30's and will someday be outstanding head football coaches. They are Michael Jackson (OC) and Eric Hatley (DC). Jackson attended Cheatham County High School and went on the attend the University of Tennessee at Martin (played 4 years on the football team). He has been coaching at his alma mater since he graduated. Hatley attended McEwen High School and went on to also attend the Universty of Tennessee at Martin. He has been a member of the Cubs coaching staff for 3 years. Prior to this he served on the coaching staffs at Creek Wood and East Hickman.