Is the Brentwood tournamant better than the Ryan?

ironman55

Ironman,this current thread along with all of your other past activity on this board has given me an adequate degree of material to observe two things about you. First, your a Ryan hater plain and simple; and second you have no idea what your talking about when it pertains to middle tn wrestling, because as a fan of wrestling in middle tn one doesn't have to like the Irish, but one must respect what the program has done and will continue to due in the future to promote the growth and quality of wrestling in both the mid-state and the whole state in general (which I think was illustrated in their victory over soddy daisy in the the Fandetti Richardson Brawl, a tournament which was arguably tougher then McCallie this year). Despite the stupid nature of this thread and the likely failure on my part to persuade you from your original stupid logic, I will attempt to answer the question. The Father Ryan tournament has always been and was this year better then the Brentwood Tourney. The tournament draws higher quality teams and is always very diverse. I admit this year the tourney was down a little bit, but only due to the fact that the Brothers of Memphis are showing their poker face to the rest of D-II, which is evident in their absence at both the ryan tourney and the fandetti richardson brawl.

In Hoc, not arguing whether ironman55 is a purple hater, but you are on the opposite side on this one. Your love and history with the purple and blindness to the "new" reality of the FR tournament are impacting your post. The GP West tournament was a tougher tournament with higher ranked teams this year. Simple math, GP West had the #1, #4, #9, and #11 ranked teams in the state plus last year's KY state champs (Union County team). FR Invitational had #2, #10, #12 and #13 and Auburn, AL is not the quality of UNC. Hopefully, FR tournament can get some of the teams back from the past that you probably remember and competed against like McCallie, Baylor, CBHS, Clarksville, Mater Dei, or add someone new to improve the field.

In Hoc, not arguing whether ironman55 is a purple hater, but you are on the opposite side on this one. Your love and history with the purple and blindness to the "new" reality of the FR tournament are impacting your post. The GP West tournament was a tougher tournament with higher ranked teams this year. Simple math, GP West had the #1, #4, #9, and #11 ranked teams in the state plus last year's KY state champs (Union County team). FR Invitational had #2, #10, #12 and #13 and Auburn, AL is not the quality of UNC. Hopefully, FR tournament can get some of the teams back from the past that you probably remember and competed against like McCallie, Baylor, CBHS, Clarksville, Mater Dei, or add someone new to improve the field.

I never remember Baylor attending the Father Ryan invitational but I could be wrong. Clarksville has been in and out depending on the season. Mater Dei attended one season (over 10 years ago) and lost to Father Ryan and refused to attend the tournament again. After attending for many years McCallie made the decision to attend a tournament out of state as did CBHS.

The way they have the FR tourney set up now will def keep people away from the tourney. Funny to see some teams there Friday for the open day of duals but not there for the actual tourney.mostly due to the single elimination and the way the due the seeding...

Memphissoccerpinp22, How do they do the seeding at the Father Ryan tournament?

Traditionally, I would have to give the nod to Father Ryan. With that being said, McCallie and CBHS have usually both attended the Ryan Tourney, this year, neither did. Both however attended Brentwood's Invitational. Having those two top notch programs where Ryan did not, one would have to say the Brentwood Invitational was more difficult this year. Ryan never fails to run a great tournament though!

the Brothers of Memphis are showing their poker face to the rest of D-II, which is evident in their absence at both the ryan tourney and the fandetti richardson brawl.

Showing their poker face? OR maybe just seeking out different competition? cbhs attends the cleveland duals, which usually showcases some of the toughest teams in TN in both D1 and D2. They chose a tournament (brentwood) that was arguably more difficult than the father ryan. And Fandetti, well maybe coach lewis wanted to give them a rest, a 6 plus hour drive and 5 matches is asking a lot after the season they have wrestled. Same with why they don't go to the prep slam, its a another long drive to Atlanta, on top of the Cleveland, Kansas City, Granite City and St. Louis schedule they've already visited.

They see Memphis D2 teams and MBA at the Blackhorse

Also participating in the Cleveland Duals were McCallie, Baylor, and Father Ryan

They then saw great out of state competition that earned them some respect on the national level

At brentwood they saw McCallie again, along with great D1 competition

Doesn't sound to me like they're hiding anything

If they went to Father Ryan, Prep Slam and Fandetti that would be 4 tournaments before states where they would encounter Father Ryan. Add in State Duals and State Individuals and they could be seeing Ryan 6 times total. SIX! Even in a state with as small of a wrestling community as TN, should 2 teams really see each other 6 times? I don't think so