60 win season

bbb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manson never wrestled 60 matches. In fact I do not think he ever got to 50. His last high school loss was to Whit Dunning in the state finals his sophomore year. He had no losses his last two years which was something like 92 or 93 matches.

One of the best matches I ever saw....Manson vs. Thomas Knapp.......classic.

If you were curious about some other national records for wins check these out:

Career

324 Pete Baldwin (Life Academy & Osceola HS, Kissimmee, FL) 2004-2011

304 Travis Sullivan (Monticello Wayne County, KY) 2003-2008

304 Josh Johnson (Elizabethtown John Hardin, KY) 2005-2010

284 Colton Palmer (Durham Riverside, NC) 2003-2007

278 Evan Warrington (McDonough Henry County, GA) 2005-2009

276 Andy Khair (College Park Woodward Academy, GA) 2008-2011

275 Kyle Cuthbertson (Scottsboro, AL) 2003-2008

275 Zach Blindet (Salem McCook Central, SD) 2003-2008

268 Dan Bonte (Garretson, SD) 1999-2005

267 Chase Cuthbertson (Scottsboro, AL) 2003-2008

Consecutive

260 Justin Zeerip (Hesperia, MI) 2003-2007

235 Travis Sullivan (Monticello Wayne County, KY) 2005-2008

233 Alex Tsirtsis (Griffith, IN) 2000-2004

228 Brent Metcalf (Davison, MI) 2001-2005

219 Andy Simmons (Williamston, MI) 1999-2002

211 Nick Simmons (Williamston, MI) 1997-2001

187 Todd Beckerman (Hyattsville DeMatha, MD) 1993-96

177 Lance Ellis (Indianapolis Cathedral, IN) 1986-89

173 Travis Sullivan (Monticello Wayne County, KY) 2004-2007

162 Andrew Storrs (Goodrich, MI) 1994-98

160 Kevin Black (River Falls, WI) 1995-98

Season

91 Colton Palmer (Durham Riverside, NC) 2006-2007

86 Sheldon Wilder (Durham Riverside, NC) 2006-2007

85 Anthony Fretwell (McDonough Henry Co., GA) 2006-2009

83 Cedric Carter (Durham Riverside, NC) 2006-2007

80 Garrett Gainey (College Park Woodward Academy, GA) 2008-2009

80 Chad Pyke (College Park Woodward Academy, GA) 2010-2011

78 Chandler Pyke (College Park Woodward Academy, GA) 2010-2011

77 Tommy Carney (College Park Woodward Academy, GA) 2007-2008

77 Billy Edwards (Raleigh Leesville Road, NC) 2006-2007

76 BJ Murray (Durham Riverside, NC) 2006-2007

76 Andy Khair (College Park Woodward Academy, GA) 2010-2011

Found these at:

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/nationalrecords/highschoolnathsrecords.htm

Last time I checked, sophomore Brandon Womack (Scottsboro) was 170-0. Started in 7th grade & three time state champ. Another 126 freshman from Carrolton Georgia (since rmc seems to appreciate that) Adcox? May be setting some records soon himself.

Probably talking about Tyler Askey.....from Northgate....going for his 3rd state championship.

Last time I checked, sophomore Brandon Womack (Scottsboro) was 170-0. Started in 7th grade & three time state champ. Another 126 freshman from Carrolton Georgia (since rmc seems to appreciate that) Adcox? May be setting some records soon himself.

There's a 126 from Scottsboro, Al who is setting records as well. Undefeated 3 time state champ as a sophomore.

When I look at the wrestlers with the most career wins they seem to be from non traditional wrestling states like Kentucky, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, etc... which leads to the following question. Would you be better off wrestling 40 or 45 matches in very tough tournaments (Iron Man, Beast of the East, Reno Tournament of Champions, etc...) over wrestling 75+ matches per season against average competition? Dan Gable was quoted as saying it was his job as the coach to get each of his wrestlers beat during the season and that wrestlers learn more from a defeat than a win. Do most states not have a limit on the number of tournaments and dual matches a team is allowed to schedule?

When I look at the wrestlers with the most career wins they seem to be from non traditional wrestling states like Kentucky, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, etc... which leads to the following question. Would you be better off wrestling 40 or 45 matches in very tough tournaments (Iron Man, Beast of the East, Reno Tournament of Champions, etc...) over wrestling 75+ matches per season against average competition? Dan Gable was quoted as saying it was his job as the coach to get each of his wrestlers beat during the season and that wrestlers learn more from a defeat than a win. Do most states not have a limit on the number of tournaments and dual matches a team is allowed to schedule?

Keep in mind the guys from Alabama can be on varsity in 6th or 7th grade. The guys on there from Georgia are showing the popularity of wrestling only in dual tournaments.

In TN, we are allowed to schedule 18 dates. Only 2 two day tournaments, not including individual region and state. I know from my perspective it's hard to get these enormous records unless the majority of our dates are filled with quad meets and dual tournaments.

In TN, we are allowed to schedule 18 dates. Only 2 two day tournaments, not including individual region and state. I know from my perspective it's hard to get these enormous records unless the majority of our dates are filled with quad meets and dual tournaments.

I understand.....but say take your 18 dates.....minus the 2 for a couple of individual tournaments......16...times 5 matches a day....you're at 80....even if you do 10 you're at 50. That's what some of these guys are doing. If you're wrestling in something like the Midwest Classic out in Kansas City, like CBHS did, you get 10 matches in 2 days. Its really popular here (GA) for the JV kids so that they get lots of matches.