Crawford at Brentwood no more

I think you are correct about when they finally met, but BA was 1A when the started in the 70s, went 2A in the late 70s through about 1992, 4A in 93 and 94, then 5 A in 95. BHS wouldnt play BA. So I guess I need to amend my statement and add Brentwood in with Franklin as schools that are not premier football schools when I was responding to a poster that said there were 3 premier jobs open Williamson County. It is hard to call BHS a premier program when they wouldnt play a truly premier program that is less than a mile away.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that thought Brentwood was a premier program prior to 1997. That is why Jack D was hired. The University of Alabama, for whatever reason, will not play Alabama Birmingham but that hardly has kept them from being considered a premier program. By calling these jobs premier I believe he/she meant they were the best jobs in the system.

My question not worth answering also? <_<

Honest, as far as I am concerned you can have him! :roflolk:

which is why it's good you don't make decisions....I am no fan of the wing-t but ayedolott is one of the best coaches around...I feel that regardless what he did people like you would dislike him regardless if the score wasn't in riverdales favor at the end of the game. The devil you know........

Bruins have 2 assistants on board that would do a good job as the head coach. You could also go over the middle school and get their coach. He knows as much about kids and football as anyone.

BMS Middle School FB Coach Dennis Harrison is NOT a candidate for this position. He's not a good coach at all. He is lazy, un-disciplined & a very poor communicator. He's only allowed to coach at BMS because he has NFL experience & the academics running BMS believe that's enough to qualify him. The booster club would not support him. Keidel understands this & there will be no offer to Harrison. Look for the job to go to Gore from McGavock or Winfree, the current OC.

I'm not sure where you get your information but I assure you Coach Adeylot was not passed over for that reason. I am "very" close to a member of that search/interview committee and Jack Daniels was selected because of who he was and his style fit the players ability that were on the team. Brentwood would have been very satisfied with Coach Adeylot and he would have been a great hire....just not as good as Jack D was. You should not post things on here of which you obviously know little about.

I'm not sure who you are, but I am long time member of the BHS booster club & I know for a fact that Adeylot was dropped from consideration when he made it clear that he would not allow any input from the parents or booster club. My information comes straight from the search committee. But don't let that get you too excited. It does not mean that Ron is a bad guy or a bad coach. His style would just not be a good fit at BHS because BHS parents are going to be actively involved & it takes a talented coach to balance the good & the bad from that. We had that with Crawford & it just won't be a good fit with Adeylot. He's a fine coach, but he needs more autonomy than he'd get at BHS.

I'm not sure who you are, but I am long time member of the BHS booster club & I know for a fact that Adeylot was dropped from consideration when he made it clear that he would not allow any input from the parents or booster club. My information comes straight from the search committee. But don't let that get you too excited. It does not mean that Ron is a bad guy or a bad coach. His style would just not be a good fit at BHS because BHS parents are going to be actively involved & it takes a talented coach to balance the good & the bad from that. We had that with Crawford & it just won't be a good fit with Adeylot. He's a fine coach, but he needs more autonomy than he'd get at BHS.

What kind of input are you talking about?

BMS Middle School FB Coach Dennis Harrison is NOT a candidate for this position. He's not a good coach at all. He is lazy, un-disciplined & a very poor communicator. He's only allowed to coach at BMS because he has NFL experience & the academics running BMS believe that's enough to qualify him. The booster club would not support him. Keidel understands this & there will be no offer to Harrison. Look for the job to go to Gore from McGavock or Winfree, the current OC.

Hate to bore

but it won't be gore,

As far as I can see

Neither will Winfree,

Look for Brentwood to keep the course

and find a coach from an outside source

My information comes from one of the 4 prople that was on that committee, and the committee that hired Crawford......me. My info is pretty accurate. At no time did Ron say he did not allow input but since he was at Hillsboro you could tell he did not cherish it. The biggest concern with Ron was he was dedicated to the wing T and we had Whittemore and company in the wings. If Jack D had not accepted Ron would have had the opportunity. I'm not sure he actually wanted it since we had to send him messages 3 times to get him to even apply. It is the coach's responsibility to dictate how much parental involvement is wanted/allowed and it is the parent's responsibility to stay within that boundry. We were very careful to stay that course with Jack and Ron Crawford's initial years. The big problem with Brentwood prior to Jack was actually NO parental involvement or interest.

Edited by DAD1