Baylor at McCallie

trublu2

So it appears there was a "miracle" last night. Props to Mr. Berz for beating Craig in the rematch. Also great work from Mr. Brunner catching Westbrooks and pinning him. Baylor came to win. the bonus points did not come at 113, 120 or 285, so shout out to the baylor wrestlers for showing up and not letting that happen. I think we all look forward to a possible remtach next week in Nashville.

Really glad to see Eady have a good showing and taking it to overtime. Congrats to him.

I must admit, you have a good point... There isn't a gap between Brunner & Westbrooks quite like others previously faced against Kaleb Baker, the best talent up their with Zach, similar to Hooker who never runs, but is known for chasing though!

Btw,,, Speaking of The Blues 138, Ward is all of a sudden becoming one of the most dominant wrestlers in the state... All weight classes considered. No one out works him in the 3rd or OT. I can assure you mtn man, that no one runs to 138 this year!!! Comes From Good Stock!, dad a decent swimmer, mom a fighter like none other!!

Hooker did his share of running, from Cole Hayes in the 2009 state tournament down to 125. It bit him in the butt though as Doster beat him in the finals and Cole was injured and couldn't wrestle. Then Hooker did even more running after the match if I remember correctly. But there is no doubt that he is one of if not the most dominant kids in the state.

Edited by Heybou

Hooker did his share of running, from Cole Hayes in the 2009 state tournament down to 125. It bit him in the butt though as Doster beat him in the finals and Cole was injured and couldn't wrestle. Then Hooker did even more running after the match if I remember correctly. But there is no doubt that he is one of if not the most dominant kids in the state.

I'll go back and look at the McC-Baylor regular season dual match, but I believe Hooker wrestled Doster and not Cole Hayes ... and beat Doster ... no excuses, but Hooker was sick during the 2009 traditional tournament ... Hooker was at 130 for the McCallie Invite that December (2008-09) year placing third and Cole Hayes lost to Westerman in the 130 finals .. Doster was at 125 ...

I think Hooker and Doster split four meetings, with Hooker winning the last one on a major dec. at the 2010 state duals.

--b.b.b.

I'll go back and look at the McC-Baylor regular season dual match, but I believe Hooker wrestled Doster and not Cole Hayes ... and beat Doster ... no excuses, but Hooker was sick during the 2009 traditional tournament ... Hooker was at 130 for the McCallie Invite that December (2008-09) year placing third and Cole Hayes lost to Westerman in the 130 finals .. Doster was at 125 ...

I think Hooker and Doster split four meetings, with Hooker winning the last one on a major dec. at the 2010 state duals.

--b.b.b.

I think your right but if I remember correctly he started his drop after losing to Hayes. But regardless, he has proven himself many times over as a great wrestler. I was just trying to say that more wrestlers drop a weight than people realize. If they certify for the weight and believe they have a better chance of winning there then why not?

Think Mr. Hooker will be running his senior year? :rolleyes:

I think your right but if I remember correctly he started his drop after losing to Hayes. But regardless, he has proven himself many times over as a great wrestler. I was just trying to say that more wrestlers drop a weight than people realize. If they certify for the weight and believe they have a better chance of winning there then why not?

I agree,,,more drop than people realize,,,also it back fires more than people realize....

Some simply drop (for whatever reason) as Tate R did last year (he clearly wasn't running),,,and some drop to try and go from 7th or 8th to top 6 at state,,,and some clearly run! It's the later everyone has an issue with,,,yet one must know the "why" behind a kid dropping,,,before accusing a kid of running in fear. In most cases I think its tactical and not fear based,,, Bottomline,,,I hope my son never runs in fear,,,,on or off the mat!

CC,,,sends...

Edited by CupCake

I was not Mr. Hooker, and Baylor did have a guy by the name of Bo Watson and Red Bank had another guy, Boo (do? But fitting) Ingle; so, I'd have to answer yes to that, but did have some good matches with some others though. :)

So why would you criticize others for doing what you did yourself? Its their call.

So why would you criticize others for doing what you did yourself? Its their call.

Human nature & Just being an Arm chair quarterack, I suppose. And, wanting to see some good match ups too. Funny you remember my dropping And the motive from 33 years ago- better than I. I sure paid after the first period I remember. You live up on Signal mtn with ol Joe, as in Blue Raider Joe?