Who are the top AAA teams in each part of the state?

HSbaseballguru

Really, I'm sure FU was instrumental in the hiring at UT just to get the kid. Wow, never thought to give them that much clout. Surely, there's more up your sleeve.

You are an idiot!I would suggest that you have something up your sleeve but after reading your posts in several threads I suspect most of your shirts don't have sleeves.

Edited by repo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Serrano broke a rib. Is that true? If so, how long is he out?

I saw Farragut at a scrimmage yesterday. Serrano didn't play. Man, they are good. Well coached, fundamental, talented and they work hard. They pitched 6 guys in 10 innings. Every pitcher threw 85+. You could hear the pitches from the press box. They hit their cuts, talk on the field, act like every pitch matters. Fun to watch.

You are an idiot!I would suggest that you have something up your sleeve but after reading your posts in several threads I suspect most of your shirts don't have sleeves.

Wow, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. My response was to the possibility of the absurd notion that Farragut "recruited" Serrano. Past that, maybe your "repo" indicates more of a sleeveless attire (that means how you dress).

I swear I posted in here. maybe i didn't. or it got deleted. haters.

Should be interesting to see how Farragut does this year with Xander out and Pfeifer and Delmonico gone.

Curious as to why ESPN has Jeff Co ranked like 33rd? anyone got anything on them?

Yeah, check out "best team in state" post... this guy has them sooooo loaded, like 8 kids tossing 82+.

No question about that. Coach Pharr is the best coach around. I was only talking about AAA, but CAK would have to be in that conversation if money was no object. The parents do have to take some credit being able to provide their kids with lessons and travel teams to play on... but more importantly they can instill a work ethic in them. Thats free. Thats what the Farragut Baseball program has been based on for years. Its been a while since ive been near the program but I know that it started with Coach Pharr and continues with Coach Buckner. Yes there have been very talented individuals to go through the program, but realistically those great players didnt get that way with lessons. They got that way by working harder than the next guy: i.e. Michael McKenry, Kyle Waldrop, Craig Cobb, Nick Williams, Nicky Delmonico, Philip Pfeifer, etc. They all had an incredible work ethic that rubbed off on the rest of the team. That is what the program has been built on... not money.

I'm back, and I couldn't agree more! Best program in state history for a reason. Hard work + super talent= championships.

For East TN, I would put Science Hill, Farragut, Powell, and Jefferson County as the top four pre-season AAA picks in Regions 1 and 2.

Back on topic....I take back my ranking of Powell as one of the top teams in East TN. I watched them play in 3 5-inning scrimmages on Saturday, and unless they get some chemistry going and some pitching from someone other than Drake Owenby, they can't be considered a state contender. Definitely some talent on that team, but they are not clicking as a team yet. Hopefully they can get it together soon.

Back on topic....I take back my ranking of Powell as one of the top teams in East TN. I watched them play in 3 5-inning scrimmages on Saturday, and unless they get some chemistry going and some pitching from someone other than Drake Owenby, they can't be considered a state contender. Definitely some talent on that team, but they are not clicking as a team yet. Hopefully they can get it together soon.

Powell has talent but those kids and parents have been like that since 10 year old ball. If something goes bad they turn on each other!

• 1 month later...

No question about that. Coach Pharr is the best coach around. I was only talking about AAA, but CAK would have to be in that conversation if money was no object. The parents do have to take some credit being able to provide their kids with lessons and travel teams to play on... but more importantly they can instill a work ethic in them. Thats free. Thats what the Farragut Baseball program has been based on for years. Its been a while since ive been near the program but I know that it started with Coach Pharr and continues with Coach Buckner. Yes there have been very talented individuals to go through the program, but realistically those great players didnt get that way with lessons. They got that way by working harder than the next guy: i.e. Michael McKenry, Kyle Waldrop, Craig Cobb, Nick Williams, Nicky Delmonico, Philip Pfeifer, etc. They all had an incredible work ethic that rubbed off on the rest of the team. That is what the program has been built on... not money.

I do agree that Coach Pharr is a good coach, but he have the players to work with. The real sign of a good coach is one who has average players and then moves on to the high level or advances into the state tournament. Now come on, Farragut had the best players around and so does CAK. Look for the coaches who continue to progress with what is dealt them and not those with the great players. I think that this would change that statement about the greatest coach around. "Only with the great players and not with the average young men who have to be worked to gain this recognition." Example: Phil Clark at Bartlett, Mack Hawk at Oakland, Craig Reavis at Siegle, Mark Pickell at Columbia. These are just a few and certainly not all.

I do agree that Coach Pharr is a good coach, but he have the players to work with. The real sign of a good coach is one who has average players and then moves on to the high level or advances into the state tournament. Now come on, Farragut had the best players around and so does CAK. Look for the coaches who continue to progress with what is dealt them and not those with the great players. I think that this would change that statement about the greatest coach around. "Only with the great players and not with the average young men who have to be worked to gain this recognition." Example: Phil Clark at Bartlett, Mack Hawk at Oakland, Craig Reavis at Siegle, Mark Pickell at Columbia. These are just a few and certainly not all.

Really? How many state championships did Farragut have before Coach Pharr? How many state appearances did CAK have? GTFO out of here with that crap. Both Clark and Hawk have had JUST as much talent as Pharr has had. Difference is, Farragut works harder and plays more disciplined than anyone else. You can have the most talent in the world, but without a great coach you would never win anything. Pharr is definitely best around no one else's resume compares.