theGURU

Don't know alot about the East, but heres my picks from Regions 1-4

Friendship Christian

Watertown

Grace Christian

Cloudland

Regions 5-8

Perry County

McEwen/Cwood/Mt Pleasant(I think it will be a toss up between these 3)

Lake County/Union City(Whichever one of these teams gets to play a home sub-state will probably go to state)

BTW/Middleton(I think Middleton might be able to pull an upset and get a home sub-state game to move to state, BTWs schedule is so weak its hard to tell how good they actually are, they only beat a Westwood team by 2 that seems to be down alot this year.)

Whats everyone else's thoughts?

Edited by theGURU

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friendship Christian

Watertown

Grace Christian

Cloudland

Regions 5-8

Perry County

Lake County/Union City(Whichever one of these teams gets to play a home sub-state will probably go to state)

BTW/Middleton(I think Middleton might be able to pull an upset and get a home sub-state game to move to state, BTWs schedule is so weak its hard to tell how good they actually are, they only beat a Westwood team by 2 that seems to be down alot this year.)

Whats everyone else's thoughts

all BTW has as a real threat is Newby and Middleton got upset against Trinity Christian but it was only by a point (65-64 @ TCA) so i'm not sold on TCA being 'boro bound tho...i'll go with the same 4 that you have and i'll also go with Lake Co., Perry Co., BTW, and McEwen

LOL you guys are pretty nervous about teams in West TN.

Let's talk about a weak schedule.... Perry Co.'s schedule in fact!

Your opponents overall record is 148 wins and 168 losses. With that being said, almost all of the teams you play, suck!

Let's talk about a strong schedule... Lake Co.'s schedule in fact!

Lake Co.'s opponents overall record is 158 wins and 130 losses. I also didn't include Raytown South in that figuring. Raytown South is a powerhouse out of Missouri and Lake Co. beat them.

PLEASE do not say anything about a weak schedule, when your schedule is pretty lame itself.

Your opponents overall record is 148 wins and 168 losses. With that being said, almost all of the teams you play, suck!

Lake Co.'s opponents overall record is 158 wins and 130 losses. I also didn't include Raytown South in that figuring. Raytown South is a powerhouse out of Missouri and Lake Co. beat them.

PLEASE do not say anything about a weak schedule, when your schedule is pretty lame itself.

Fact: Perry Co. and Summertown for that matter could be in the Top 3 of District 14-A pretty EASILY...Sorry that the commission put us with Loretto (7-12) and Clifton (1-20)...we play up to our competition and that means we will beat Lake Co. and UC and Humboldt...BTW would be a good game tho...don't know who would win but whoever wins will probably out shoot them at the free throw line (advantage Perry Co.)

Friendship Christian

Watertown

Grace Christian

Cloudland

Regions 5-8

Perry County

Whats everyone else's thoughts?

You could very well see that out of region 4. FCS should make it back if they can win 8a. Clay County will have to play poorly to be beat in 7a, so the region semi final should be between Clay and Watertown, winner of that game should be meeting FCS in the region championship...

Edited by swanson71

Fact: Perry Co. and Summertown for that matter could be in the Top 3 of District 14-A pretty EASILY...Sorry that the commission put us with Loretto (7-12) and Clifton (1-20)...we play up to our competition and that means we will beat Lake Co. and UC and Humboldt...BTW would be a good game tho...don't know who would win but whoever wins will probably out shoot them at the free throw line (advantage Perry Co.)

Perry Co or Summertown would not finish in top 3 in 14-A. Both would be lucky to beat Greenfield and Trenton. You keep bringing up that PC lost to LC without Tucker playing. LC lost to PC without Swift playing.PC might make it to the state tournament this year but they will lose to a team from West Tn. You can mark that down in stone. You are right that PC can not control who they play in the district but they can control who they play outside the district. PC plays a very weak schedule. They would not be 19-3 playing a schedule like LC. PC could have chose to step up and play big boy basketball outside of the district but chose to play every weak sister they could find. It will cost them somewhere down the line. Edited by lakecountyfalconfan

Perry Co or Summertown would not finish in top 3 in 14-A. Both would be lucky to beat Greenfield and Trenton. You keep bringing up that PC lost to LC without Tucker playing. LC lost to PC without Swift playing.PC might make it to the state tournament this year but they will lose to a team from West Tn. You can mark that down in stone. You are right that PC can not control who they play in the district but they can control who they play outside the district. PC plays a very weak schedule. They would not be 19-3 playing a schedule like LC. PC could have chose to step up and play big boy basketball outside of the district but chose to play every weak sister they could find. It will cost them somewhere down the line.

Swift? Oh yea the player that didnt play all regular season and were able to add for Tourneys. PC has 4 Regular season games District, Region,and Sub-State to worry about before we can even face LC or BTW. But if we take care of business and yall do the same I'd love to settle that tie breaker we had last year at State this year.(With both Swift and Tucker playing).

Are you from gibson co. or lake co. :lol:

He never denied the fact that Perry County had a weak schedule... Why jump all over him? Regardless, BTW hasn't seen much resistance thus far. Not saying they won't be a state contender, just can't wait to see them play teams with a win percentage of 80% or higher :P.

Regardless of all the hype surrounding them i'm calling an upset against BTW early in the post-season.

Before the trolling starts, remember.. It's just my opinion; now state yours and get on with life.

Edited by TheShow1

Swift? Oh yea the player that didnt play all regular season and were able to add for Tourneys. PC has 4 Regular season games District, Region,and Sub-State to worry about before we can even face LC or BTW. But if we take care of business and yall do the same I'd love to settle that tie breaker we had last year at State this year.(With both Swift and Tucker playing).

Guru, I agree with you. I was just responding to Sportsfan. PC has a good team. I would love for a rubber match. LC and PC both have alot of ball to play before worrying about the state. The fact thing is kinda of what got to me. Meant no disrespect to PC or Summertown.

If PC could have held up their end of the deal and beaten that weak west TN team Middleton we could have settled the rubber match last year!! :roflolk: Heck we even gave you the easier side of the bracket with no CSAS or Hampton!! :roflol: Yet it was an all west TN final. Perry Co. has a fine team and we all know that but is a bold statement by sportsfan to say they will be the defending state champs or BTW without seeing either of them play. Heck it is so tough to get to the tournament from over here who knows what two teams will make it. Could see Lake Co., Union City, Humboldt, from up here or BTW, Westwood, Middleton or TCA from the bottom side. Not really concerned about rankings or sparkly records remember LC had 10 losses last year so really doesn't mean much. They are battle tested and seem to be coming together for a tournament run.