Mt Pleasant Next football coach

wholder

Go get Bronson Bradley..... He is a young coach at about 32 yrs old. Currently at Portland (I think) and a good ole Wayne County Wildcat. He was with Rice at Perry County and stayed after Rice left for Wayne County. He is a fine christian family man and would be a great role model. His family is still in Wayne County and I bet he would like to get close to home.

He would be a great Choice.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the guy tht used to coach the Waynesboro Middle School football team 4-5 years ago? I think his name was Ron Keadon. He had a really good record over about 10 years. I know he can out-formation many teams in jr high, and his offensive playbook put up a bunch of points. Has this guy ever had aspirations of coaching high school football? He would be a good fit with the athletes at Mt Pleasant. I figured he was a big reason for the development of the current high school players at Wayne County and we saw what they accomplished!

What about the guy tht used to coach the Waynesboro Middle School football team 4-5 years ago? I think his name was Ron Keadon. He had a really good record over about 10 years. I know he can out-formation many teams in jr high, and his offensive playbook put up a bunch of points. Has this guy ever had aspirations of coaching high school football? He would be a good fit with the athletes at Mt Pleasant. I figured he was a big reason for the development of the current high school players at Wayne County and we saw what they accomplished!

His name is Ryan Keaton. He helped coach the high school this year. He works in the Board of Education at Waynesboro now. Great guy and would be a good one. Probably would not leave Wayne County though.

I have an ordinate amount of interest in this position and have expressed it to the AD and Principal, believe I have paid my dues and deserve a chance to come back. If hard work and dedication to your administration, community, and Head Coaches ( especially where I've been the past 5 yrs.) is any indication, then certainly there is hope to get in the right situation.

I think Ryan Keeton would be a good choice for the mt. Pleasant job. He has been on the Wayne County sideline for many years. He wore a headset and I believe he assisted Coach Crews in calling plays. He has a good knowledge of region 6 and could get it done. His middle school record is second to none.

I think Ryan Keeton would be a good choice for the mt. Pleasant job. He has been on the Wayne County sideline for many years. He wore a headset and I believe he assisted Coach Crews in calling plays. He has a good knowledge of region 6 and could get it done. His middle school record is second to none.

I doubt Mt. Pleasant would be willing to hire anyone from Waynesboro not named Rice or Crews. Not only would they have to swallow their pride and admit that better football is coached and played in Waynesboro (sort of joking, but not really), there would also be a huge chance of that coach jumping back to Waynesboro whenever Rice/Crews/Pierce decide to retire or move on, which will probably happen sometime in the next decade or so. Both Keeton and Bradley would definitely jump back if given the opportunity to be head football coach at WCHS. I don't think Mt. Pleasant would want the chance of that happening.

I doubt Mt. Pleasant would be willing to hire anyone from Waynesboro not named Rice or Crews. Not only would they have to swallow their pride and admit that better football is coached and played in Waynesboro (sort of joking, but not really), there would also be a huge chance of that coach jumping back to Waynesboro whenever Rice/Crews/Pierce decide to retire or move on, which will probably happen sometime in the next decade or so. Both Keeton and Bradley would definitely jump back if given the opportunity to be head football coach at WCHS. I don't think Mt. Pleasant would want the chance of that happening.

so dont hire someone that may leave after 10 or so years??? :unsure:

anyone of those two would be a great hire for mtp. Bradley was at Haywood, back when they were good. Keeton, if he is looking to get to the highschool level, would also do a good job. i see Rice and Crews sticking around in W,Boro until they retire...in more like 15 to 20.

I agree I don't see crews or rice leaving waynesboro either. Pierce probably wouldn't either I think his son will be a junior next year. I still think Keeton would be a good hire. He might even be able to get coach Morris that helped him at the middle school level go with him as a coordinator. They seemed to work well together and had tons of success.

I agree I don't see crews or rice leaving waynesboro either. Pierce probably wouldn't either I think his son will be a junior next year. I still think Keeton would be a good hire. He might even be able to get coach Morris that helped him at the middle school level go with him as a coordinator. They seemed to work well together and had tons of success.

I dont think Pierce would ever leave and his son will be a sophomore next year.

Morris would have to be part of the plan. He and Keaton go way back. Morris is the guy at the other end of Keaton's headset. Morris is the eye in the sky. He is really the one that knows the game and breaks down the other teams during the game. Coach Keaton and Morris would be at the top of my list if I where MTP. I think they could do wonders up there because of the talent and their coaching ability. The days of Marco would soon be forgotten.

I have an ordinate amount of interest in this position and have expressed it to the AD and Principal, believe I have paid my dues and deserve a chance to come back. If hard work and dedication to your administration, community, and Head Coaches ( especially where I've been the past 5 yrs.) is any indication, then certainly there is hope to get in the right situation.

Yes, this is exactly what MP needs!!! This guy breaking into the concession stand stealing cand bars and gnawing on them with his one tooth! Ask the folks in Winchester...