HVA....................2 losses

O.R.....................?

A.C.....................?

Clinton...............?(playing better)

Karns.................?

Campbell Co......?

Central...............?

Please add to this.

Anyone have an up to date standings please post it.

Anyone have an up to date standings please post it.

Standings:

Powell................12-2(plays HVA 2 times this week)

Halls...................11-2(plays OR once and Karns twice this week)

HVA....................2 losses(plays Powell 2 times this week)

O.R.....................5 losses(still has Halls to play)

Karns.................?

Campbell Co......?

Central...............?

I think Powell, Halls, and HVA are 1,2, and 3. Order TBD this week.

OR probably 4th.

Not sure between AC and Clinton about 5 and 6.

Karns probably 7th.

Campbell Co. probably 8th.

Standings:

Powell................12-2(plays HVA 2 times this week)

Halls...................11-2(plays OR once and Karns twice this week)

HVA....................2 losses(plays Powell 2 times this week)

O.R.....................5 losses(still has Halls to play)

Karns.................?

Campbell Co......?

Central...............?

I think Powell, Halls, and HVA are 1,2, and 3. Order TBD this week.

OR probably 4th.

Not sure between AC and Clinton about 5 and 6.

Karns probably 7th.

Campbell Co. probably 8th.

I think the top 3 for seeding will be #1-Halls, #2-Powell, #3-HVA. I think Halls will sweep this week, and having swept Powell, finish ahead of them. Powell and HVA will split if Drake is on his game, and could sweep HVA if they keep their composure under the HVA onslaught of small-ball. With a split, that would put them both at 13-3, and not sure what the tie-breaker would be to determine #2 or #3.

If Oak Ridge sweeps Campbell Co. and loses to Halls, then that puts them at 10-6 and in #4 seed. AC and Clinton play this week; AC has to sweep Clinton to get #5, and I don't thonk they can. Thus, I think 5-8 will be Clinton, AC, Karns, and Campbell Co.

I think the top 3 for seeding will be #1-Halls, #2-Powell, #3-HVA. I think Halls will sweep this week, and having swept Powell, finish ahead of them. Powell and HVA will split if Drake is on his game, and could sweep HVA if they keep their composure under the HVA onslaught of small-ball. With a split, that would put them both at 13-3, and not sure what the tie-breaker would be to determine #2 or #3.

If Oak Ridge sweeps Campbell Co. and loses to Halls, then that puts them at 10-6 and in #4 seed. AC and Clinton play this week; AC has to sweep Clinton to get #5, and I don't thonk they can. Thus, I think 5-8 will be Clinton, AC, Karns, and Campbell Co.

Powell defeated HVA 11-7 tonight. Hagen Owenby pitched 6 good innings and led 11-1 going in to the 7th. Hagen got a little tired and gave up some runs including a grand slam in the 7th before Colby Skeen came in and closed.

Will OR pitch Lane against Halls on 3 days rest?

Powell defeated HVA 11-7 tonight. Hagen Owenby pitched 6 good innings and led 11-1 going in to the 7th. Hagen got a little tired and gave up some runs including a grand slam in the 7th before Colby Skeen came in and closed.

No way will they pitch Lane against Halls; they already seen him once, and a victory wins OR nothing in the district standings. Lane is scheduled to throw against Gibbs on Thursday. With Roberts (their #2 pitcher) out for the rest of the season with a growth plate issue in elbow, Oak Ridge will likely throw Steen, a Sophomore that has good velo and action, but tends to walk a lot if his game is off. Again, OR's weakness has not been pitching; Lane's ERA is <1, and Roberts and Elwood have ERAs <3. OR has to hit and play error-free defense to win, something they have not done with any consistency all season. As AC beat Clinton last night, it appears my predictions in the earlier post on this thread is panning out.

Does anyone know who hit the grand slam for HVA? Just curious.

No way will they pitch Lane against Halls; they already seen him once, and a victory wins OR nothing in the district standings. Lane is scheduled to throw against Gibbs on Thursday. With Roberts (their #2 pitcher) out for the rest of the season with a growth plate issue in elbow, Oak Ridge will likely throw Steen, a Sophomore that has good velo and action, but tends to walk a lot if his game is off. Again, OR's weakness has not been pitching; Lane's ERA is <1, and Roberts and Elwood have ERAs <3. OR has to hit and play error-free defense to win, something they have not done with any consistency all season. As AC beat Clinton last night, it appears my predictions in the earlier post on this thread is panning out.

FYI...Halls must have rested Painter against Karns to save him for the OR game.

FYI...Halls must have rested Painter against Karns to save him for the OR game.

Yes, Painter threw against Oak Ridge, and threw well. A coach from Carson-Newman was in the stands filming him and taking notes. Oak Ridge didn't show up offensively, and best available pitching was not used. Oak Ridge had nothing to gain in district seeding by beating Halls, so they pitched a kid that had shown improvement in hopes he'll be ready to produce by tournament time. OR #2 pitcher Roberts is done for 4 weeks with growth plate issues in throwing elbow, but sticks (or lack of them) has still been the biggest hole in OR this season.

Halls clinched the #1 seed tonight by defeating Karns.

Powell and HVA will finish their rained-out game Mon at 7 (tied 0-0 top of 4) Winner of that game is #2 seed and loser is #3 seed.

Oak Ridge looks to be the #4 seed.

Clinton defeated A.C. tonight so they are the #5 seed.

A.C. is the #6 seed.

I think Karns is the #7 seed.

I think Campbell Co. is the #8 seed.

In the Powell/HVA game so far:

D. Owenby has given up 1 hit. HVA tried to squeeze home a run but the runner was out at the plate.

Wiler has given up 3 hits. Powell has left 5 men on base so far. Skeen has 2 Doubles and been left on both times, and they left bases loaded in the 2nd.