Region 1 Officiating video...You make the call.

sweeper2

This is not an attack on Steven Goldstein and I want to congradulate him on his victory. But, we had

some sad officiating at the tournament. Three defensive pins were called this weekend alone. I would like to ask you, the people, to watch the video and respond to whether the wrestlers were out of bounds or not? Clearly, they were. I just want to highlight how terrible Region I officiating is. I most certainly dont want to take anything away from what Goldstien and Williams have accomplished, both have had great seasons.

This is not an attack on Steven Goldstein and I want to congradulate him on his victory. But, we had

some sad officiating at the tournament. Three defensive pins were called this weekend alone. I would like to ask you, the people, to watch the video and respond to whether the wrestlers were out of bounds or not? Clearly, they were. I just want to highlight how terrible Region I officiating is. I most certainly dont want to take anything away from what Goldstien and Williams have accomplished, both have had great seasons.

Goldstein and Trent put on a show and even though it ended in a pin and it was the match of the night for me. I cant see where there is a video attached to your post, but from where i was sitting it appreared Goldstein pulled his shoulders in bounds.

As far as the defensive pins, i saw 2 of them and they appeared fairly legit. Many were talking about them, but i dont know enough to blow that up. The refs overall did a fair job i thought.

Goldstein and Trent put on a show and even though it ended in a pin and it was the match of the night for me. I cant see where there is a video attached to your post, but from where i was sitting it appreared Goldstein pulled his shoulders in bounds.

As far as the defensive pins, i saw 2 of them and they appeared fairly legit. Many were talking about them, but i dont know enough to blow that up. The refs overall did a fair job i thought.

sorry about that...heres a link to the video

He pulled him back in. shoulders were in bounds when the fall was called. I say good call.

at .25 on the video should it not have been called out of bounds?

The trend has been to let them wrestle on the edge even if one guy is out. Usually if one guy is mostly in they will let the action continue but not call near falls or falls unless the guy on his back has his shoulders in. Looked like the case in this video. If this was the worst call you saw I would say it was a pretty good day of officiating.

The trend has been to let them wrestle on the edge even if one guy is out. Usually if one guy is mostly in they will let the action continue but not call near falls or falls unless the guy on his back has his shoulders in. Looked like the case in this video. If this was the worst call you saw I would say it was a pretty good day of officiating.

Definately not the worst..just the one caught on tape...thank you! However, if you look at .24 of the video...Williams has one foot in bounds, the rest of both bodies were out of bounds.

Edited by sweeper2

Definately not the worst..just the one caught on tape...thank you! However, if you look at .24 of the video...Williams has one foot in bounds, the rest of both bodies were out of bounds.

[/quote

Referees on both sides... even in slow-mo, Trents foot doesnt go out of bounds, unfortunatly for your wrestler. Good job of refereeing and even better for the SH kid for his mat awareness!

Yes, they were out of bounds at the :24 mark. When a wrestler is on his back, the supporting points are his shoulders. If a supporting point of both wrestlers is out, then the wrestlers are out of bounds. The bottom wrestler's shoulders are out of bounds along with the feet of the top wrestler which means the action is out of bounds. One supporting point of each wrestler is out so they are out. It doesn't matter if the bottom wrestler's feet are in since they are no longer his supporting points.

I as an official love this stuff... This topic was never mentioned by anyone in the gym saturday not even Trent himself. Trent came over to me after the match I congratulated him and told him good luck at state he said thanks and smiled. The kid never once made an excuse just admitted his loss and went on sounds like a few might wanna take some advice from the kids just a thought