District 4A

bitterfan

Xavier was definitely taken out of his game. He just covered a lot of ground by taking huge steps and they blew the whistle. Also no one could d a jump stop and pretty much any head fake resulted in a walk. They were consistent, but I'd say 75-85% of the stuff they called walks weren't. It didn't just hurt Harriman though, Oneida got nailed on most of the head fakes.

I'm looking forward to the Oneida/Rockwood game. Both teams play hard and don't make a ton of mistakes. This one should be a physical, half court style of game with defense dominating play.

Region Semi-Final Action. Pressure Basketball tonight. Losers 2nite start inventory 2moro. Should b two good games tonight. Look for a full house. Should b fun ! I'm biased, good luck to District 4 Teams tonight. Would love to see a region championship with two teams from district 4.

Edited by Orangeswarm

big win by the indians and dawgs both tonite glad too see both moving on and i think u may see them in mufreesboro also upper region isnt as strong as usual i think it can be done for a district 4a double representation in the boro

It won't be easy to get both teams down to the Boro, but you're right in the fact it could happen this year when you compare these two to the Region 1 teams. Congratulations to Oneida and Wartburg. Awesome job Indians! Coaches scouted well and had a game plan that worked to perfection. You could tell Rockwood was a good team, but Oneida's defense gave them no open shots and very few offensive rebounds. Really seemed to take them completely out of their game. What a great game by Jake Wright. He carried Oneida on offense in the first half and continued with great defense and rebounding throughout the game. Cole West and Noah Duncan got it going in the second half offensively and all played intelligent and kept turnovers to a minimum. Nice job guys.

This is the first time Oneida has been to a Region final since 2002, I'm pretty sure. They won it that year after having finished second in the District tourney. Sound familiar? We are hoping and praying these young men can pull together and do that Thursday. Of course, we know that it's a monumental task, but I believe they can do it. It will take an almost perfect game, but they have been playing well and Wartburg might be due for a loss. Go get 'em Indians!

I'm taking our excuses away right now.

If we lose this one.....

1. It isn't because the game's location...We are Oneida not a bunch of cry babies like Sunbright or those other Morgan Co. Schools

we don't care where we play we want the Trophy!

2. It isn't because of their silly 1/2 time shows (that by the way make me want to never put my money in that bank)

3. It isn't because the refs stink

I don't want to hear these things from my tribe brethren following the game win or lose!

We will win or lose based on our play and coaching! That is it!

Oneida's Yaden has re-placed the oneida boys back on the high school map. The road to the boro will once again be influenced by the Tribe! I hear much negative talk in the stands but you must judge a tree by it's fruit and Yaden is in the substate and you can't argue that he has them in a better place than when he started out! Lets go get em boys and we can re-name the Dallas Reed Davis Gymnasium the Tee-Pee. Dallas Reed Davis Gym rule #1 Oneida historically has been Wartburg's Daddy and we will be again. Lets Get it ON!

If we lose this one.....

1. It isn't because the game's location...We are Oneida not a bunch of cry babies like Sunbright or those other Morgan Co. Schools

2. It isn't because of their silly 1/2 time shows (that by the way make me want to never put my money in that bank)

I don't want to hear these things from my tribe brethren following the game win or lose!

Oneida's Yaden has re-placed the oneida boys back on the high school map. The road to the boro will once again be influenced by the Tribe! I hear much negative talk in the stands but you must judge a tree by it's fruit and Yaden is in the substate and you can't argue that he has them in a better place than when he started out! Lets go get em boys and we can re-name the Dallas Reed Davis Gymnasium the Tee-Pee. Dallas Reed Davis Gym rule #1 Oneida historically has been Wartburg's Daddy and we will be again. Lets Get it ON!

Maybe Wartburg, is the kid who beats up the daddy though, I think Yaden has done a fine job, I his boys played super hard for him, should be heck of game!

If we lose this one.....

Oneida has a very good program and may very well beat Wartburg in Regional Championship. I hope not, but it will be a tough game and Wartburg knows that.

But...

1. The half time show may be a little silly, but it is all just in fun. If you don't like it go to the lobby and take a break, and no one cares where you put your money.

2. Tee Pee??????? Sounds a little wimpy,girly,sissy (you get the picture) even for the brethen tribe.

3. No matter what the outcome Oneida will never be Wartburg's Daddy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. Good Luck to both teams! Of course I want my Bulldogs to win but all players and fans want that and someone has to lose.

LOL! I love it! but no way am I going to do any smack talking.

1.) I don't want to eat crow, lol

2.) I respect Oneida more than that, they deserve to be where they're at, as does Wartburg.

I wish Oneida the BEST of luck, play hard and WIN the next game AFTER the region championship, and hopefully you'll be the one's traveling, lol

GO DOGS!

:)

Would 2 steps not be considered a travel? Just flipping through topics on here, and that caught my eye.

rulesman09,

Idk?... I thought you were allowed two steps. For instance, if you catch the ball step with your right, then go off your left for a layup, (or dunk if you have the hops) without a dribble has been legal all year I thought. And it was all those many years ago when I played, but that shows how little I know, apparently if they don't allow two steps, anymore. Do you know where I can look up that rule on-line to understand it better? Thanks ruleman.

If we lose this one.....

hmmmmm wartburgs daddy going back to december 2001 wartburg is 19 and 7 against oneida whos the daddy lol anyway good luck to both teams tommorrow night its for a trophy and pride both teams should go on to the boro if they play ball like they have been