CAK 2012

FootballDad

Thought I would "bump" this thread since there hasn't been any posts on here for the past couple of months.

Lots of chatter about how good Alcoa looks right now and that they should be the favorite to reclaim the 3A title this year. I agree. But I believe CAK once again is the best hope of keeping the Tornadoes restrained to a severe thunderstorm, if thats possible. CAK will face several challenges prior to meeting Alcoa in week 10 and then maybe in the playoffs. Besides a few teams that could challenge them early (AC, Grace, Darlington from Rome, GA), the Warriors have to face internal challenges first. How will they handle the success of the past season? Will they stay hungry & focused? How long will it take for all the newbies on defense to develop? Only time will tell...but I believe CAK will pose a serious problem for practically everyone they play offensively. IF the defense comes along and picks up the new 3-5 scheme then the Warriors will once again be a very good team and a contender. Any thoughts?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be relying on the big transfer to plug a couple of gaps. Would think Alcoa would like to see you in a 3-5 against the power running game. Lots of mismatches in size on the second level.

The transfer was a blessing for sure. He is from Louisiana and is a legit player. He should be tough in the middle. Graduation hit the defense hard, especially the D line, so it will certainly take more than 1 player to shore things up, but it certainly helps having a 6-1 300lb nose guard who has good mobility. The 3-5 can actually be a gap sound defense and very good at stopping the run if deployed properly, but you have to have the right personnel, and that is where the questions arise.

Thought I would "bump" this thread since there hasn't been any posts on here for the past couple of months.

Lots of chatter about how good Alcoa looks right now and that they should be the favorite to reclaim the 3A title this year. I agree. But I believe CAK once again is the best hope of keeping the Tornadoes restrained to a severe thunderstorm, if thats possible. CAK will face several challenges prior to meeting Alcoa in week 10 and then maybe in the playoffs. Besides a few teams that could challenge them early (AC, Grace, Darlington from Rome, GA), the Warriors have to face internal challenges first. How will they handle the success of the past season? Will they stay hungry & focused? How long will it take for all the newbies on defense to develop? Only time will tell...but I believe CAK will pose a serious problem for practically everyone they play offensively. IF the defense comes along and picks up the new 3-5 scheme then the Warriors will once again be a very good team and a contender. Any thoughts?

Football Dad, the word I heard is Rankin told someone the other day that this years Alcoa team is the best he has had since he has been at Alcoa. Hard for me to believe that they are better than the 2010 team, but if they are it will spell trouble for whoever plays them, including Maryville. CAK better have some very special athletes on defense if they are going to stop Alcoa's power run game in a 3-5 scheme. I believe you guys have the edge in coaching, but I think CAK will have to get some turnovers in order to beat Alcoa this year. I will be there and will be pulling for the Warriors.

CAK by 3 TDs over AC, and 2 TD's over Grace.

I appreciate your confidence BC icon_e_biggrin.gif Honestly, I am not concerned about margin of victories right now, I just hope we can manage to win while we are developing this years team. I think AC and Grace both will pose a challenge for us. Offensively we should be outstanding, with 10 of 11 starters returning. But, there is no guarantee that they will achieve the same results as last years squad. Lots of pressure on the offense this year. Hopefully they will handle it well since they are Sr. heavy.

Football Dad, the word I heard is Rankin told someone the other day that this years Alcoa team is the best he has had since he has been at Alcoa. Hard for me to believe that they are better than the 2010 team, but if they are it will spell trouble for whoever plays them, including Maryville. CAK better have some very special athletes on defense if they are going to stop Alcoa's power run game in a 3-5 scheme. I believe you guys have the edge in coaching, but I think CAK will have to get some turnovers in order to beat Alcoa this year. I will be there and will be pulling for the Warriors.

We can always use the extra fan support, thanks Jake thumb[1].gif As many good/great teams as Alcoa has had it would be difficult, even for Rankin, to say which one is the best. Maybe this is his best team, time will tell, but they sure have had some great ones over the years. I've heard they have been very impressive in their scrimmages. Very physical with the run game, nothing new there. I think CAK does have a very good coaching staff and they have to be, we just don't get the number of athletes that Alcoa gets. However; Alcoa also has a very good coaching staff that would be the envy of most schools. There is no doubt that CAK will need every bit of help they can get when they travel over to Alcoa this year.

AC is terrible lacking in "want to" right now. Very unorganized. On two scoring plays against Maryville, they only had 10 men on the field on defense. No excuse for that.

3 TD will be a minimum.

Grace should be a decent game. We may show up.

Hope you are right about AC. My boys are searching for their identity on D right now, so the AC game, along with many others, may be shoot outs. If Bradley decides to share some of the offensive talent on the defensive side of the ball it could dramatically change the complexion of our defense. icon_question.gif Luckily for us it is a long time until we face the F5, we just have to focus on playing to our capabilities and getting better each week. By the way, some of my Farragut friends told me that the F5 beat them up pretty badly, literally and figuratively.

Let me know if you are dropping in on our Grace game and we will eat some "nanner pudding" together.