Hampton/Cloudland

HamptonBulldogs1

Alright, I will argue to the death that they got screwed at Hampton. But tonight, Hampton just outplayed Cloudland in every part of the game. Couple things I noticed: 1) the first half was about the sloppiest played half of basketball not involving a team named Unaka that I have seen in years. 2) Cloudland took wayyyy too many BAD shots, especially once Whitehead and McClelan fould out, Potter just seemed to jack them up from anywhere. 3) The officiating is probably only get tighter from here on out. Cloudland had better adjust their game to that alittle. And quick.

Just my .02.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I will argue to the death that they got screwed at Hampton. But tonight, Hampton just outplayed Cloudland in every part of the game. Couple things I noticed: 1) the first half was about the sloppiest played half of basketball not involving a team named Unaka that I have seen in years. 2) Cloudland took wayyyy too many BAD shots, especially once Whitehead and McClelan fould out, Potter just seemed to jack them up from anywhere. 3) The officiating is probably only get tighter from here on out. Cloudland had better adjust their game to that alittle. And quick.

Just my .02.

:roflol: cruel, but funny

Games between these two are always interesting...ALOT of head-games in this match-up!

The adrenaline shoots out the roof, and the team that handles it better usually wins.

Let me say, this Hampton team has matured quicker than any team Ive seen in a long time...I felt they were a year away from these accomplishments, My hat is off to each of them! And with multi-players scoring handily, it seems this team may just be that...a TEAM! :thumb:

So much of this is mental. You have to play loose and for the love of the game. You cant play with anger or hate the other team. You have to rid your body of all negative emotion. This game was won and lost because of the MIND.

Its a strange thing.I've been around the players and fans from both sides and there is a bitter hatred from the Cloudland side of things. Its sorta funny,the players or fans don't hate the Hampton kids,its just Hampton. The Hampton people for the most part likes Cloudland and wants to see them do well.Don't get me wrong,they want to beat Cloudland in a bad way,but they respect Cloudland.If Cloudland could get rid of the hatred and envy,they might do better,but I'm afraid its toooooo deeply ingrained to ever overcome.

I got rid of it, pujo. I've got faith that our fanbase can pull out of it too. If you want to win, you've got to turn negative energy into hard work and committment to excellence. Remember, the young men on the court are watching how the older people act. Don't let the hate spill over to them.

You're lucky King,its hard to go through life with hatred and bitterness,its like having an anchor tied around your neck.

Yeah, especially over kids playing a ball game. In the end when we take the lander and bulldog jerseys off, we are lined up at the pump paying 4 dollars a gallon in a country being run by an administration bent on destroying all our freedoms. Our main focuses cant be distracted.

Right there with ya!

We need to take a bus trip to DC!

Its a strange thing.I've been around the players and fans from both sides and there is a bitter hatred from the Cloudland side of things. Its sorta funny,the players or fans don't hate the Hampton kids,its just Hampton. The Hampton people for the most part likes Cloudland and wants to see them do well.Don't get me wrong,they want to beat Cloudland in a bad way,but they respect Cloudland.If Cloudland could get rid of the hatred and envy,they might do better,but I'm afraid its toooooo deeply ingrained to ever overcome.

Not fair to clump. I have always been close to both. Some of my best friends are from H town. Some also could say the same thing you are about some Hampton fans, but thats all in who is looking at the painting and what they think. I don't think its a major thing either way, but I have been wrong before :)