9A vs 10A

ecu

With the McEwen "upset" of HC, it is intriguing to me that HC, MC, and Cascade are all in the same bracket-obviously the stronger side of the region-and 2 of those will be done....meanwhile, over in 6A, looks like Stown will have to beat WC in the semis to find either Cwood or Cornersville

Wasn't really an upset. HC only beat McEwen by 5 the two times they played before. Close games every time they played with both teams getting a lead at some point. McEwen just decided it was their time to win. I think HC will get to play Moore County in the second round but idk about the outcome. Then again, as said before, Cascade did only lose by 1 to Moore County. Never know what to expect come tournaments. Anything can happen.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't really an upset. HC only beat McEwen by 5 the two times they played before. Close games every time they played with both teams getting a lead at some point. McEwen just decided it was their time to win. I think HC will get to play Moore County in the second round but idk about the outcome. Then again, as said before, Cascade did only lose by 1 to Moore County. Never know what to expect come tournaments. Anything can happen.

Exactly right. Also, don't forget that Community beat the two seed in the 9A tournament as well...both times in the regular season, Forrest beat Community by six points. Then, Community returned the favor with a 36-30 win in the first round. Just because you're a higher seed in the post season doesn't necessarily mean you're guaranteed to win. It's a funny time of year...strange things tend to happen.

Exactly right. Also, don't forget that Community beat the two seed in the 9A tournament as well...both times in the regular season, Forrest beat Community by six points. Then, Community returned the favor with a 36-30 win in the first round. Just because you're a higher seed in the post season doesn't necessarily mean you're guaranteed to win. It's a funny time of year...strange things tend to happen.

I agree. Anything can happen.

Can't wait for the games to begin, just wish they were all at one site like it used to be. T$$AA ruined Regional play when they went to the two game limit on school nights. Seems kind of hypocritical that the T$$AA lets game be played during school hours but don't won't to keep the kids out too late. LOL $$$

Can't wait for the games to begin, just wish they were all at one site like it used to be. T$$AA ruined Regional play when they went to the two game limit on school nights. Seems kind of hypocritical that the T$$AA lets game be played during school hours but don't won't to keep the kids out too late. LOL $$$

Me either. I didn't know about the two game limit....