9A vs 10A

ecu

And the night they played Summertown at SHS gym. Garland and Raby both on the bench early with foupls. Pay back is bad.

You cant be serious!!!! Moore County is good, but when you only have 2 girls that even look to score, you are going to get beat by really good teams. Make any excuse you want, but when you pressed the Lady Eagles, it was ineffective, and in the half court Stown had way too much ball movement. Stop making excuses for the beatdown you took-on that night, Stown would have beat you no matter the location. It is very possible that MC may have to play another team that is not intimidated by them as the finalists in region 6A are Stown and Loretto-the same Loretto that put you out last year. Just remember, I have said it all year-Stown made a statement the day the Tennessean tagged you as a top 4 team and put a target square on ya'lls back. Don't think for a minute that the Lady Eagles aren't just a little miffed that with more losses you have been ranked ahead of them all season despite putting a mud-stomping on MC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point! MTCS is the 6th best team in 9A. Unfortunately for them they have won their last game as they now will face MC and probably Summertown. Great finish and congratulations for what has been accomplished. And to think of all the great players they have lost to Riverdale and Christiana!

Add Oakland, Smyrna, Shelbyville, and Central Magnet to the list.

You must of been at a different game than I was. MC was already up by 8 going into fourth quarter and building on the lead. They never tried the press all night. HC has a good team, but they are at least 30 pts worse than MC. And the night they played Summertown at SHS gym. Garland and Raby both on the bench early with fouls. Pay back is bad. Face it, 10A girls are much weaker than 9A. The laughable part about the fouls is MC missed 16 free throws, very uncharacteristic. The first half was the worst half of ball MC had played all year. MC shot terrible all night. Perhaps they took it too lightly after MTCS dismantled the District Champ McEwen. HC not close to level as MC.

I agree, HC is a lot like MTCS, lucky to have made it as far as they did. Go 9A. Moore County will beat MTCS and then whoever in 6A.

You must of been at a different game than I was. MC was already up by 8 going into fourth quarter and building on the lead. They never tried the press all night. HC has a good team, but they are at least 30 pts worse than MC. And the night they played Summertown at SHS gym. Garland and Raby both on the bench early with fouls. Pay back is bad. Face it, 10A girls are much weaker than 9A. The laughable part about the fouls is MC missed 16 free throws, very uncharacteristic. The first half was the worst half of ball MC had played all year. MC shot terrible all night. Perhaps they took it too lightly after MTCS dismantled the District Champ McEwen. HC not close to level as MC.

Dismantled? Hardly. Seemed like that was a great game for MTCS and it was an "ok" one for McEwen compared to what we could do. Of course, it's our fault we didn't do the best we could, but we still only lost by 5. As far as MC being 30 points better than HC, that's laughable. No body on that team was impressive like 9a people have made them out to be. The only different thing is the reverse dribble #11 had and the smaller girls rebounding but still #11 was probably %50 at best with her shots. She was undisciplined when she took it to the basket. HC didn't have any trouble with the post like I thought. Most the shots she made were wide open. Her sub is just as good as she is. If HC had rebounded, they may have won. That's the only dominance MC took over them. The refs were for both 9a teams and with the scores, I wouldn't go to say any team is better than the other.

Dismantled? Hardly. Seemed like that was a great game for MTCS and it was an "ok" one for McEwen compared to what we could do. Of course, it's our fault we didn't do the best we could, but we still only lost by 5. As far as MC being 30 points better than HC, that's laughable. No body on that team was impressive like 9a people have made them out to be. The only different thing is the reverse dribble #11 had and the smaller girls rebounding but still #11 was probably %50 at best with her shots. She was undisciplined when she took it to the basket. HC didn't have any trouble with the post like I thought. Most the shots she made were wide open. Her sub is just as good as she is. If HC had rebounded, they may have won. That's the only dominance MC took over them. The refs were for both 9a teams and with the scores, I wouldn't go to say any team is better than the other.

First of all,#11, Garland is a Ms Basketball finalist and she was beat and banged on last night and no calls came. And the MC post, how can you be effective if you aren't playing. Yes MC is 30 pts better than HC and most people I've talked with can't figure out how McEwen even beat them. I had hoped for a McEwen/MC final but it didn't happen. NO one there saw the real MC team. It was perhaps the worst game they had played all year. The refs were horrible, but for both teams. Let the girls play entirely too much. Oh and by the way, #11 dad is battling cancer and this young lady has endured a tough year. So lay off!

Edited by papatiger

First of all,#11, Garland is a Ms Basketball finalist and she was beat and banged on last night and no calls came. And the MC post, how can you be effective if you aren't playing. Yes MC is 30 pts better than HC and most people I've talked with can't figure out how McEwen even beat them. I had hoped for a McEwen/MC final but it didn't happen. NO one there saw the real MC team. It was perhaps the worst game they had played all year. The refs were horrible, but for both teams. Let the girls play entirely too much. Oh and by the way, #11 dad is battling cancer and this young lady has endured a tough year. So lay off!

Sorry to hear about her dad. BUT, that isn't relevant to basketball. I was there and she,along with her teammates, were the one doing the banging up and them not calling it. How much did y'all get away with, and then HC had how many called on them? Exactly, and HC never fouls that much. Hc didn't start getting rough until the end. They didn't deserve many of their fouls and MC deserved many more that weren't called. Not just fouls, a ref stood there and watched a MC girl step out of bounds for the rebound in the 1st and let MC play it. Y'all got away with way too much. And for Garland, She is a finalist due to her points, and shooting as much as she, playing since 8th grade, can't be too hard to hit 2000 points. She isn't near what y'all have talked her up to be. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say she was bad, I just said that she isn't amazing. What I'm saying has nothing to do with her personally or her personal life. I'm just saying that's what I seen last night.

Edited by rachelwright14

I would say Houston County had a great year. They went 28-5 and were ranked all year in the State Polls. The game last night was a lot closer than the final score. Houston County was up at halftime, and was only down 4 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Some people posting comments saying that Moore is 30 points better and Houston was dismantled is a false report. Houston County gave Moore all they wanted. No doubt about it, Moore and Houston were the top teams in the region this year. It was a fun filled year of hoops. A lot of good posts and comments. I will say that you will see Houston County back again only loosing 1 player off this years team.. McEwen also had an outstanding season. They were in the semifinals for a reason as well.won over 25 games as to end the season. Lot of good kids/basketball players on that team as well. Good Luck to the 5-A region...I know we compete againest each other, but it does looks good when we come out on top as a whole. I hope Moore County wins the state even though that will be a test with how many good teams in Class A there are this year.

Good Luck