9A vs 10A

ecu

Rachel, you are a class act. I only saw McEwen play once this year, at home agaisnt Houston Co., and I was thoroughly impressed with your basketball smarts, skills and determination. Props to you and your team this year. Good luck with your future endeavors.

As for papatiger, lay off the girl. You know she is the center. Stop taking low blows at high school players! Especially one's that have way more class than yourself.

Thank you so much, I appreciate that a lot.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes for you--hope that you regain the strength and stability in your legs-your team was classy and gave Summertown fits, you matched up well!!! Don't stoop to papatiger's level, he is a troll

Thank you, very much. I appreciate it very much and I know my teammates do too. As for the last part, no worries. I don't think I will be replying to him anymore.

Edited by rachelwright14

You cant be serious!!!! Moore County is good, but when you only have 2 girls that even look to score, you are going to get beat by really good teams. Make any excuse you want, but when you pressed the Lady Eagles, it was ineffective, and in the half court Stown had way too much ball movement. Stop making excuses for the beatdown you took-on that night, Stown would have beat you no matter the location. It is very possible that MC may have to play another team that is not intimidated by them as the finalists in region 6A are Stown and Loretto-the same Loretto that put you out last year. Just remember, I have said it all year-Stown made a statement the day the Tennessean tagged you as a top 4 team and put a target square on ya'lls back. Don't think for a minute that the Lady Eagles aren't just a little miffed that with more losses you have been ranked ahead of them all season despite putting a mud-stomping on MC

Far from the same Loretto team last year! and MC is better than when you have played us losing to a 3A school by two and a touch Florida team over Christmas and the surrounding cast is much improved all i have to say is hope both teams make it to play once again when it matters and tht settles it all.think MC doesnt have the same bitter taste and is waiting for the rematch as well good luck to yall and hope it happens!

Dismantled? Hardly. Seemed like that was a great game for MTCS and it was an "ok" one for McEwen compared to what we could do. Of course, it's our fault we didn't do the best we could, but we still only lost by 5. As far as MC being 30 points better than HC, that's laughable. No body on that team was impressive like 9a people have made them out to be. The only different thing is the reverse dribble #11 had and the smaller girls rebounding but still #11 was probably %50 at best with her shots. She was undisciplined when she took it to the basket. HC didn't have any trouble with the post like I thought. Most the shots she made were wide open. Her sub is just as good as she is. If HC had rebounded, they may have won. That's the only dominance MC took over them. The refs were for both 9a teams and with the scores, I wouldn't go to say any team is better than the other.

nice to say 22 isnt as good as u thought when she came out with foul trouble still came in and played her game....even plus you werent on the court with her aswell referees didnt have anything to do with the game either Better teams won 9A is stronger nuff said!

nice to say 22 isnt as good as u thought when she came out with foul trouble still came in and played her game....even plus you werent on the court with her aswell referees didnt have anything to do with the game either Better teams won 9A is stronger nuff said!

I disagree, as I'm sure many do, and that's all I have to say.

That's funny you say that. I wasn't gasping for air, I slowed down. I slowed down bc I have shin-splints, not bc I was tired. Seemed I still managed to get back and pull down rebounds anyways. I was diagnosed with shin-splints in December and have been playing through it every game. The doctor told me not to run in practice or else they would get worse, but coach wanted us in shape for the tournament and I ran anyways. It ended up making things worse and they did slow me down, but I didn't quit. I'm sure Summertowns spokes-person knows better, seeing as summertown is one of the fastest teams I've seen and we all kept up with S-Town when we played with them in December and lost by 10. So before you go trying to bash someone, maybe you should get your information. I'm married, still in school playing basketball, have an injury that don't just go away, and looking to play at the next level because I love basketball. So please don't try to bash a 17 year old when your an adult and should be acting like one.

Actually I didn't know what the name of the player I saw. But the one I saw was gassed. If you are playing with shin splints I admire your tenacity. But like I said, I didn't know any of the players on the McEwen team, just stating what I observed. The person I came to game with pointed it out to me first. Good luck in your endeavors.

It doesnt't matter at this point about the Moore County game. They will make it to state, maybe win a game or so just depends on who they get matched up with.

As far at the officiating goes, it was awful. Moore got more of the calls and were aloud to push off all night(Garland). She is good high school player but I am going to be honest. I can find 10 better players than her. She has no outside game, and is out of control going to the hoop and with that being said she had a sophmore guard D her up. She got bailed out on a lot of calls. The girl that was guarding her is a big time player. Thats who you should be keeping up with. I cannot wait to watch the Lady Irish play next year as well as other teams in 9A/10A

With the one fella on Rachel(Papa Tiger). She would start on any team in the region and be a force for any of the teams including Moore. If i had to say you are probualy one of those that has never played before..

" A WANNA BE"

It doesnt't matter at this point about the Moore County game. They will make it to state, maybe win a game or so just depends on who they get matched up with.

As far at the officiating goes, it was awful. Moore got more of the calls and were aloud to push off all night(Garland). She is good high school player but I am going to be honest. I can find 10 better players than her. She has no outside game, and is out of control going to the hoop and with that being said she had a sophmore guard D her up. She got bailed out on a lot of calls. The girl that was guarding her is a big time player. Thats who you should be keeping up with. I cannot wait to watch the Lady Irish play next year as well as other teams in 9A/10A

With the one fella on Rachel(Papa Tiger). She would start on any team in the region and be a force for any of the teams including Moore. If i had to say you are probualy one of those that has never played before..

" A WANNA BE"

Your last comments, sorry you are wrong on both accounts. And as far as Garland, she does have an outside game, a good 3 shooter but didn't shoot but 1 last night. Her game is driving the lane and creating. But leave her alone outside, she get you with the three. Oh, and she has signed with Trevecca and was recruited by several other schools. Good luck next year, MC will be back in full strength, with a year under it's belt minus only Garland. I won't wait for a response, this discussion is over.

Thank you, very much. I appreciate it very much and I know my teammates do too. As for the last part, no worries. I don't think I will be replying to him anymore.

You don't have to reply to me. But let me apologize to you if I offended you. Just made an observation and should have kept it to myself. I admire your drive to make yourself the best you can be. It was by no means a slam on you. Congrats on a great season and good luck in your future.

You don't have to reply to me. But let me apologize to you if I offended you. Just made an observation and should have kept it to myself. I admire your drive to make yourself the best you can be. It was by no means a slam on you. Congrats on a great season and good luck in your future.

Thank you. I appreciate your apology.

" A WANNA BE"

Wow, thank you for that compliment. I really take that to heart. And on the gaurd play, I'm with you. Anna Beal is a huge asset to HC and has been since last year (freshman year). She is a true great player on all ends and I see her going far.

Far from the same Loretto team last year! and MC is better than when you have played us losing to a 3A school by two and a touch Florida team over Christmas and the surrounding cast is much improved all i have to say is hope both teams make it to play once again when it matters and tht settles it all.think MC doesnt have the same bitter taste and is waiting for the rematch as well good luck to yall and hope it happens!

I agree they are far from the same, however, they are one of the better defensive teams I have seen this season, and that includes Moore County