Officiating period

chactaw87

Well let’s start this off with a question! Do officials have tenor? Watched two games at Clarksburg last night and it is obvious they should not be officiating a pewee game much less a district high school game! I was pissed how they called for all for teams it is an embarrassment to the game when you have grown adults put on a uniform and bow up like a Bany rooster and let games get out of hand as they did last night some will get hurt or a big fight will start because of the crap I and other fans saw happen last night it was a joke I’m totally embarrassed about this and wonder what could be done to take care of this problem.

Well let’s start this off with a question! Do officials have tenor? Watched two games at Clarksburg last night and it is obvious they should not be officiating a pewee game much less a district high school game! I was pissed how they called for all for teams it is an embarrassment to the game when you have grown adults put on a uniform and bow up like a Bany rooster and let games get out of hand as they did last night some will get hurt or a big fight will start because of the crap I and other fans saw happen last night it was a joke I’m totally embarrassed about this and wonder what could be done to take care of this problem.

Some larger officials have "bass"! Some sing alto! Probably some have tenor!

District 15A tournament last night showcased one of the worst games by an official I've ever witnessed.Judgement calls are sometimes honestly missed,and even though they were(by one ref)all called favoring the #1 seed I'll not bring them into question.The obvious attempt to "decide" the outcome included calling a lane violation on the shooter(free throw) from the scorers table,while the ref positioned at the free throw line extended called nothing.To make matters worse the whistle didn't blow until the shooter had rebounded her miss and was attempting another shot!The same ref also ignored a player clearly stepping out of bounds,and a double dribble(the type you see before a free throw,two hands on the ball dribble-cathch-dribble)in the lane facing him.All total probably 8/10 "bad" call by one ref in one half.To make matters worse the head official(his boss)came in at halftime,and the obvious one-sidedness went away.The ref in question is a former Principal from the biggest rival this school has,has an obvious bias against them,and should never call another game involving this school.Regarding the other two officials,they both called a good game,but were not in a position to overturn any of the bad calls(the "bad" ref was the lead official),just the look of astonishment on the free throw extended refs' face on the lane violation call said it all.A fair shot is all you can ask for,but every team is entitled to that,and a clear bias for or against any team for any reason should not be tolerated.

District 15A tournament last night showcased one of the worst games by an official I've ever witnessed.Judgement calls are sometimes honestly missed,and even though they were(by one ref)all called favoring the #1 seed I'll not bring them into question.The obvious attempt to "decide" the outcome included calling a lane violation on the shooter(free throw) from the scorers table,while the ref positioned at the free throw line extended called nothing.To make matters worse the whistle didn't blow until the shooter had rebounded her miss and was attempting another shot!The same ref also ignored a player clearly stepping out of bounds,and a double dribble(the type you see before a free throw,two hands on the ball dribble-cathch-dribble)in the lane facing him.All total probably 8/10 "bad" call by one ref in one half.To make matters worse the head official(his boss)came in at halftime,and the obvious one-sidedness went away.The ref in question is a former Principal from the biggest rival this school has,has an obvious bias against them,and should never call another game involving this school.Regarding the other two officials,they both called a good game,but were not in a position to overturn any of the bad calls(the "bad" ref was the lead official),just the look of astonishment on the free throw extended refs' face on the lane violation call said it all.A fair shot is all you can ask for,but every team is entitled to that,and a clear bias for or against any team for any reason should not be tolerated.

It is my understanding that in a game in the district 2-AA tournament at Chuckey Doak last night there was an official who was working a game in which he had 2 nephews playing. This shouldn't be allowed and even if it is, any respectable ref would ask to be assigned to a different game just to remove any possiblity of the apperance of favortism.

Edited by PRESS

You think it will change at regions or state ?? think again..it wont happen..TSSAA should be ashamed to allow this ..efs that infurate me are those who never got ofF the bench or werent allowed to cheer either 'struting' around like 'look at me now' ..'im in control' and noone will/can stop me ..TSSAA its really sad..

It is my understanding that in a game in the district 2-AA tournament at Chuckey Doak last night there was an official who was working a game in which he had 2 nephews playing. This shouldn't be allowed and even if it is, any respectable ref would ask to be assigned to a different game just to remove any possiblity of the apperance of favortism.

Thats a lot to just throw out there. If you're gonna state this, you should give some proof, more than just "it was my understanding..". This is Region 1 still, I think. Or is this a Greeneville bunch? So who exactly reffed a game with two nephews playing?

Thats a lot to just throw out there. If you're gonna state this, you should give some proof, more than just "it was my understanding..". This is Region 1 still, I think. Or is this a Greeneville bunch? So who exactly reffed a game with two nephews playing?

I'm not sure if it is true so I don't want to start nameing names or anything. I was hoping someone could confirm or disprove it. It was just something I heard at the game Saturday.

I'm not pointing to any specific instance (because I've seen far, far too many this season), but it's kind of sad when officials make bogus calls in the final seconds of a game and that call determines the outcome of the game. It puts the officials in the spotlight and takes away from the kids. Officials are there to call the game fair and evenly, and I feel all too often officials are putting their own bias into calls, and no-calls.