Brentwood Head Football Coach Position

DAD1

Macon's QB was the best athlete on the field, and they're receiver was possibly the second best athlete.

Macon had athlete's and could score on just about anybody, but they couldn't and wouldn't play defense.

Creasy did more with less. Pemberton did very little with a little more talent.

I do not think I could disagree with this statement anymore than I do. Trousdale had at least 5 players who were better individual athletes than anybody Macon had. I seen Macon play 10x and Trousdale 4x, and I came away with that impression every time.

Edited by TennesseeSportsMan

I do not think I could disagree with this statement anymore than I do. Trousdale had at least 5 players who were better individual athletes than anybody Macon had. I seen Macon play 10x and Trousdale 4x, and I came away with that impression every time.

Here's somethin that's not debatable: TC 52 Macon 27

Actually that is still debatable. If Alabama's team from this year played the Colts from this year, they would get demolished. Does that mean that Jim Caldwell is a better coach than Nick Saban? Absolutely not. You can't compare coaches based on the score of a game if the coaches are dealing with two very different talent levels of players. Now I doubt the talent difference between Macon and TC equals the talent difference between an NCAA team and an NFL team; but you get the picture.

Actually that is still debatable. If Alabama's team from this year played the Colts from this year, they would get demolished. Does that mean that Jim Caldwell is a better coach than Nick Saban? Absolutely not. You can't compare coaches based on the score of a game if the coaches are dealing with two very different talent levels of players. Now I doubt the talent difference between Macon and TC equals the talent difference between an NCAA team and an NFL team; but you get the picture.

I'm not so sure the Colt's could have scored on Alabama this year. :)

Solid post.

Good article. Sounds like a strong coach. Macon has been a tough gig for a number of years and has underachieved. Getting them to the playoffs is a feat and tells more of a story than Pemberton's 15-15 record over the last three years. Solid hire. Congrats and good luck to Brentwood.

Good article. Sounds like a strong coach. Macon has been a tough gig for a number of years and has underachieved. Getting them to the playoffs is a feat and tells more of a story than Pemberton's 15-15 record over the last three years. Solid hire. Congrats and good luck to Brentwood.

I am sorry but I have to disagree. This hire puzzles me. Obviously the guy knows alot of football and has experience as a head coach in alot of different areas. However Brentwood being one of the top jobs in the midstate and state in my opinion hires a journeyman. Now Pemberton might win 3 state titles in a row I dont have a dog in the fight and wish him the best of luck seriously. Can anyone say who the other finalists are/were? I am surprised they did not look at many of the up and coming coaches in the Nashville/middle tennessee area. Was no one on staff a good choice? Either way the hire surprises me but good luck and from the outside this may be puzzling but on the inside maybe they made the right call only time will tell.

I am sorry but I have to disagree. This hire puzzles me. Obviously the guy knows alot of football and has experience as a head coach in alot of different areas. However Brentwood being one of the top jobs in the midstate and state in my opinion hires a journeyman. Now Pemberton might win 3 state titles in a row I dont have a dog in the fight and wish him the best of luck seriously. Can anyone say who the other finalists are/were? I am surprised they did not look at many of the up and coming coaches in the Nashville/middle tennessee area. Was no one on staff a good choice? Either way the hire surprises me but good luck and from the outside this may be puzzling but on the inside maybe they made the right call only time will tell.

Pemberton was not the first choice.