9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

Very impressed with Beaty tonight. Kid has guts and just throws strikes...GHS looked ready to play against SC. If Beaty continues to throw well, and Evan Jones and Baker get going, Gallatin becomes a favorite to win 9AAA IF they can get any offense going...

SC still looks very good to me, but didn't seem ready to play tonight. Have not had chance to see Beech or WC play yet...

MJ is undefeated in district play, with WCHS , LHS and SC left to play ... SC loses tonight to GHS, MJ has beaten GHS I would think MJ would be your favorite.... GHS is playing well though. But dang man how many times are they going to throw Beaty....? I would be afraid of 'dead arm'

Edited by FightinIllini

MJ is undefeated in district play, with WCHS , LHS and SC left to play ... SC loses tonight to GHS, MJ has beaten GHS I would think MJ would be your favorite.... GHS is playing well though. But dang man how many times are they going to throw Beaty....? I would be afraid of 'dead arm'

I have a question for you...If a high school pitcher throws on Tuesday and is not scheduled to throw again till the following Tuesday, wouldn't that kid need to throw a small 30-40 pitch bullpen somewhere in the middle?

I have a question for you...If a high school pitcher throws on Tuesday and is not scheduled to throw again till the following Tuesday, wouldn't that kid need to throw a small 30-40 pitch bullpen somewhere in the middle?

Each coach and player is different, depends on how many pitches he threw on Tuesday, but lets say 90

I would think something like this

Tuesday pitches

Wednesday run

Thursday light toss

Friday light toss

Saturday long toss

Sunday short box

Monday small bullpen

Tuesday pitches

If only on 4-5 days rest take out the Thursday, Friday, or Saturday depending on the how the player feels.

I was not at the Gallatin SC game but was told Beaty threw well, some parents I talked to on both side said the umps strike zone was very wide was told he gave 6-8 inches off the outside part of the plate not to take anything away from Beaty but if the Ump did give that I can see why it was low scoring

I was not at the Gallatin SC game but was told Beaty threw well, some parents I talked to on both side said the umps strike zone was very wide was told he gave 6-8 inches off the outside part of the plate not to take anything away from Beaty but if the Ump did give that I can see why it was low scoring

The strike zone was not 6-8 inches off the plate. Knees to nipples, and the plate had corners. Nothing off the plate was consistantly called a strike. The low score was due to Beatty and Haeberle. Two excellent pitchers from Sumner county. Leave it alone and stop trying to take away from that fact.

It was indeed a wide zone, tough on hitters. Neither team made an adjustment to the zone, which is what hitters must do. That said, it was a good game, and these two pitchers could lock horns again down the road....

Good to see the Kyle back for MJ, and I look forward to seeing the Dunn kid throw for Beech. Most of the coaches in 9AAA are friends of mine , so it's good to see the teams play.... Good luck to all of them.

I dont mind a wide strike zone, I dont mind a low or high strike zone. I just want the zone to be consistent from batter to batter, pitcher to pitcher. Heck our 7th and 8th grade kids have to adjust to the umps strike zone, all players do. If they dont, that is their loss and the favor goes to the pitcher. That is baseball. My son is a catcher and he constantly adjusts his body position where the ump is calling. Just part of the game...........have yall ever been in a game and have the other teams coach rip an umpire for his strike zone, calling ability, etc, and it be against him? lol Redsman I will never forget that game, lol lol. But you were right lol lol. Your batter got 5 strikes lol and still walked lol.

The strike zone was not 6-8 inches off the plate. Knees to nipples, and the plate had corners. Nothing off the plate was consistantly called a strike. The low score was due to Beatty and Haeberle. Two excellent pitchers from Sumner county. Leave it alone and stop trying to take away from that fact.

Like I said I wasn't there but most people I talked with said the zone was wide, I'm not taken anything away from Beatty or HAeberle but most games I've been too catchers are living 6 to 8 inches off the outside of the plate and it's very hard on the hitters with these new bats.

Like I said I wasn't there but most people I talked with said the zone was wide, I'm not taken anything away from Beatty or HAeberle but most games I've been too catchers are living 6 to 8 inches off the outside of the plate and it's very hard on the hitters with these new bats.

Mr. Armstrong should have had a meeting with his umpires prior to the season. The umpires need to let the pitchers establish the inside part of the plate, with these new bats the pitchers no longer need to get the one or two ball off the plate strike.