9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

Knowing how tipsy turvey high school baseball can be, I will break it down a little differently. Seeing how Portland lost 6-8 games last year by a run, it can change on any given day for a lot of these teams in the district. I will also include Friendship into the bunch just for fun since they are so close to all the schools...and I dont have a kid playing on any of them, yet.

1-Mt Juliet

2-Station Camp/Beech- cant quite decide which way this will go..

3-Wilson Central- (still really undecided about this team but for giggles will leave here for now, on paper, and really feel they should be in group 4)

4-Lebanon/Gallatin/Hendersonville/Portland- depending on the day, they can all beat one another.

On any given day,depending on how the ball bounces, you dont know which team will show up for these 4, mostly due to a variety or reasons, but, none, yet have stood out the last year or more........Living in Portland and growing up in Gallatin I follow most of the Sumner County teams closely as my son as played against most of the Freshmen on these teams now, either in "middle school ball" or travel ball and I know there is talent there, just not quite surfaced yet. Not to mention how many schools are losing players to the private sector such as JP2 and FC. I hope it is a good quality season for all the teams, makes for some enjoyable afternoons good luck to all.

Edited by SOUTHERNFRIED

Knowing how tipsy turvey high school baseball can be, I will break it down a little differently. Seeing how Portland lost 6-8 games last year by a run, it can change on any given day for a lot of these teams in the district. I will also include Friendship into the bunch just for fun since they are so close to all the schools...and I dont have a kid playing on any of them, yet.

1-Mt Juliet

2-Station Camp/Beech- cant quite decide which way this will go..

3-Wilson Central- (still really undecided about this team but for giggles will leave here for now, on paper, and really feel they should be in group 4)

4-Lebanon/Gallatin/Hendersonville/Portland- depending on the day, they can all beat one another.

On any given day,depending on how the ball bounces, you dont know which team will show up for these 4, mostly due to a variety or reasons, but, none, yet have stood out the last year or more........Living in Portland and growing up in Gallatin I follow most of the Sumner County teams closely as my son as played against most of the Freshmen on these teams now, either in "middle school ball" or travel ball and I know there is talent there, just not quite surfaced yet. Not to mention how many schools are losing players to the private sector such as JP2 and FC. I hope it is a good quality season for all the teams, makes for some enjoyable afternoons good luck to all.

From what I have seen so far, could change on a dime, who knows when you are dealing with 16-18 yr olds.

1.) MJ

2.) SC

3.) Beech

4.) WC

5.) FC

then

Lebanon/Gallatin/Hendersonville/Portland

Edited by FightinIllini

From what I have seen so far, could change on a dime, who knows when you are dealing with 16-18 yr olds.

1.) MJ

2.) SC

3.) Beech

4.) WC

5.) FC

then

Lebanon/Gallatin/Hendersonville/Portland

Id hate to have a job that depended on the whims of 16-18 yr old boys. lol...I forgot to add FC, since yours is so close to mine, I would put FC up or ahead of Beech, lol. But like Ive said, once you get past #3/#4, they could all very easy be flipped upside down, I didnt list my 4 group in any order. Portland this year I think only has 3 seniors and a majority of juniors and freshman. That alone is hard, coupled to the fact the school is so small and competes agains schools 2 and 3 times their size. With home grown kids, unlike in the private sector....if Im not mistaken they got their only district win against WC, and could have had #2 and #3 against Hendersonville, they were winning both till the end and a bad time for errors cost them the wins. But that is baseball, God love it.

Why is it that Beech is getting so much love on these rankings? I can understand WC maybe, but didn't both teams lose a lot from the previous year? Hendersonville didn't lose hardly anyone and neither did Lebonan. I mean, I think we can all agree that MJ and SC are probably ahead of the rest, but what seperates the bottom 6? We know it will be a good race on the South side of the district, but what about the North? Is it up for grabs this year???

Why is it that Beech is getting so much love on these rankings? I can understand WC maybe, but didn't both teams lose a lot from the previous year? Hendersonville didn't lose hardly anyone and neither did Lebonan. I mean, I think we can all agree that MJ and SC are probably ahead of the rest, but what seperates the bottom 6? We know it will be a good race on the South side of the district, but what about the North? Is it up for grabs this year???

From their website here is Beechs record so far. I dont really see any of the 6 teams doing as well as Beech has so far against the same teams.

Date

Opponent

Result

Win-Loss Record

3/11-17 Gulf Shores, AL Invitational

3/13 Petal MS 8-6 1-0

3/14 Brandon MS 8-9 1-1

3/14 Friendship Christian 3-5 1-2

3/15 Robertsdale AL 7-6 2-2

3/19 Greenwood 6-1 3-2

3/20 Oakland 5-2 4-2

I think they will be in the top 3 of the district by year end. JMO.

From their website here is Beechs record so far. I dont really see any of the 6 teams doing as well as Beech has so far against the same teams.

Date

Opponent

Result

Win-Loss Record

3/11-17 Gulf Shores, AL Invitational

3/13 Petal MS 8-6 1-0

3/14 Brandon MS 8-9 1-1

3/14 Friendship Christian 3-5 1-2

3/15 Robertsdale AL 7-6 2-2

3/19 Greenwood 6-1 3-2

3/20 Oakland 5-2 4-2

I think they will be in the top 3 of the district by year end. JMO.

Speaking of scores, look at this site. Pitiful that someone with each team in 9AAA can't send a text or email a result, yet have the unlimited time to self-promote their agendas, events, or search for old roomies. Got to see end of WC/Oakland and SC/Oakland & NW. Oaklands pitching was impressive, WC didn't seem to be able to get the ball out of the infield, and SC with good pitching by their top 3 last night doesn't appear to get out of their own way offensively. At times made real good contact, but in key situations went down looking or unable to execute bunts, along with continued defensive lapses. Hope the weather holds up today for a good day across the lake.

Speaking of scores, look at this site. Pitiful that someone with each team in 9AAA can't send a text or email a result, yet have the unlimited time to self-promote their agendas, events, or search for old roomies. Got to see end of WC/Oakland and SC/Oakland & NW. Oaklands pitching was impressive, WC didn't seem to be able to get the ball out of the infield, and SC with good pitching by their top 3 last night doesn't appear to get out of their own way offensively. At times made real good contact, but in key situations went down looking or unable to execute bunts, along with continued defensive lapses. Hope the weather holds up today for a good day across the lake.

Beech was not real impressed, but they were not bad by any means.... need to see more

Clarksville light on pitching, top two ok, then falls off dramatically..... defense weak, BH still as vocal as ever.

Creekwood plays hard, pitching average........ hit fairly well

MJ pitching, defense solid, not hitting the ball well,

White House too small for these teams..... any other reports for the Wilson County Invite?

Beech was not real impressed, but they were not bad by any means.... need to see more

Clarksville light on pitching, top two ok, then falls off dramatically..... defense weak, BH still as vocal as ever.

Creekwood plays hard, pitching average........ hit fairly well

MJ pitching, defense solid, not hitting the ball well,

White House too small for these teams..... any other reports for the Wilson County Invite?

Excellent scouting report... more to come today hopefully.