9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

How did the Wilson tourney go today, most of the mid state got rained out. At least the middle school tournament in Hendersonville where we were playing did.

SC beat Macon County 6-5, got rained out with Clarksville... hey, so fried, doesn't somebody own a phone that can call in a score from Portland. Also, Gallatin and H'ville phone service seems to be locked down... of course admitting to losing to Hume Fogg should boost the green wave up the charts.

SC beat Macon County 6-5, got rained out with Clarksville... hey, so fried, doesn't somebody own a phone that can call in a score from Portland. Also, Gallatin and H'ville phone service seems to be locked down... of course admitting to losing to Hume Fogg should boost the green wave up the charts.

LOL youd be really surprised the vast majority of people I talk to or have son playing ball, know nothing of CoachT. I find out most times how Portland plays on Facebook, lol.

Final from Monday, SC 9 Portland 4.

I tried to take notes, lol. I suck at it though:

End of 1 1-0 sc #33 on mound for sc, good fastball but looses control away. SC threw out from cf at home plated, agressive base running.

2nd inning- SC ground ball by 3rd tried for 2 thrown out. SC Tried bunting with one on and two outs pop up to pitcher-Btm of 2 Portland stranded their second runner of the night on third.

Top of 3rd-Station Camp had bases loaded and no outs, got 2 runs across playing small ball, btm of 3rd 3-0 SC Portland up..Portland left 2 on end of 3, 3-0 SC.

Top 4-Portland mental mistake on bunt allowed runners on 2&3 , error on third allowed 2 runs in. SC 5-0. Btm of 4-Portland stranded another runner, end of 4 sc 5-0.

Top of 5 SC stranded a runner at 3rd, btm of 5- SC 2nd baseman dropped easy double play for his second error of the night, leaving 2 Porland runners on, and 1 out. Port hit in inning ending double play.

Top of 6th-SC Portland error by 2nd baseman cutting in front of rht fielder to load bases, next man up base cleaning triple to right center. SC lead off has 2.9 speed between bases. SC Team does not handle off speed/ curve balls well. Hit fastballs easily. Btm of 6 SC 9-0 error by sc short allow 2 on with 1 out walk Portland loads the bases-single to rc scores 2 still 1 out runners on 1/2...fly out to right 2 out...strike out ends the 6th sc 9-2.

Top of 7...SC bunted first two men on then another runner thrown out at home from outfield on sac fly.....13 and 33 pitched for sc...

Btm of 7...Portland has 2 on with 1 out SC ss and third collides with their head going after same ground ball, Portland Hit up the middle scores 2.

Final 9-4

Random thoughts:

Pretty fair ball game, both teams made errors, Portland was just unable to capitalize on Station Camps, where as SC did.

SC had great speed on the bases, Portlands defense in the outfield kept them in the game with their throws. Both schools had good catchers, Portlands for sure had more blocks in the dirt, and blocked them all except for 3 that hit the front corner of the plate and almost bounced over the backstop. Portland did have 2 Freshman playing. Size wise SC was twice the size, lol ...........hope this helps.

and another link :http://gallatinnews.com/sports/41-frontpage-lead-sports-story/2799-now-it-counts-9-aaa-baseball-begins

Edited by SOUTHERNFRIED