9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

The thing that MJ has is that while some teams may have to ride a struggling/tired pitcher another inning or so, MJ can relieve earlier, if needed and not lose much if anything. While some teams are developing fresh and soph to help with the starters MJ has a lot of pitching depth with sr's and jr's. Also as the season grinds along, the top sr's will be able to stay fresh ..... given the pitching depth and the defense if they can hit ..they will be tough to beat...

Picking WC and SC in the bottom 4, pretty impressive thinking. Must have alot to base this on. Most sane pickers see it quite different.

Just the way I see it, if I'm wrong so be it, doesn't make me insane as you suggest. WC is not as good as you think they are, be it with all the secret weapons you claim they are going to unleash on the rest of 9AAA.

Just the way I see it, if I'm wrong so be it, doesn't make me insane as you suggest. WC is not as good as you think they are, be it with all the secret weapons you claim they are going to unleash on the rest of 9AAA.

Clearly didn't mention your sanity or lack thereof, just how most see this district. Hope they're not loaded with any secrets either (WC). Based on last year, thought they might be decent, still think it comes down to MJ and SC.

Clearly didn't mention your sanity or lack thereof, just how most see this district. Hope they're not loaded with any secrets either (WC). Based on last year, thought they might be decent, still think it comes down to MJ and SC.

It's just baseball man, WC will not be close to loaded. I just think Lebanon, H'ville, and Beech will be better than most think and fight it out for the #2 spot.

WC sings this song every year.... I have watched their team since they split off from MJ..... fact is they have some talent this year ...but not enough talent.... it starts in middle school....

Doyle....give me a first name....

WC sings this song every year.... I have watched their team since they split off from MJ..... fact is they have some talent this year ...but not enough talent.... it starts in middle school....

Doyle....give me a first name....

WWMS baseball awful, Southside MS baseball outstanding, do the Southside kids go to WC or Lebanon or both?

I saw both these MS teams at the FCS Baseball MS Invitational a few weeks ago, some things never change.

WWMS baseball awful, Southside MS baseball outstanding, do the Southside kids go to WC or Lebanon or both?

I saw both these MS teams at the FCS Baseball MS Invitational a few weeks ago, some things never change.

MJMS very good team... of course I have FightinIllini jr #3 and #4 @ MJMS I agree Southside has a good MS program, a friend of mine was coaching there for a while, don't kow if he is there this year or not.

Just as an outsider, Ive seen 4 of the 9AAA teams play in the preseason or in last night's opener, and I have a few EARLY opinions...

1 - MJHS and Station Camp are LOADED. Both have arms, offense, and are well coached. Very impressed with both of these teams. I counted no less than 4 kids on SC team last night that I would offer a scholarship on the spot. The catcher can flat play, IMO he may the most underrated HS player in our area...MJ has their program at machine status and the players are everywhere.

2 - Hendersonville is young. Another year or 2, and they will back strong...

3 - Portland is just not ready to compete consistently, but they have a very good young group coming up that I feel will surprise everyone if those kids stay at Portland...

4 - Gallatin will be interesting to watch with a good Senior class leading them. I see no reason GHS doesnt win their side of the 9AAA race, and battle MJ/SC for a region spot. Jones cant beat anyone when he is on, but the offense will need to score consistently.

I have not had a chance to see my good friend Anthony Ford's club at Central, or the teams at Lebanon and Beech. Coach Shelton is one of the best coaches there is, and Ford's team always mirror his bulldog mentality. Lebanon has a new staff across the board.

Just as an outsider, Ive seen 4 of the 9AAA teams play in the preseason or in last night's opener, and I have a few EARLY opinions...

1 - MJHS and Station Camp are LOADED. Both have arms, offense, and are well coached. Very impressed with both of these teams. I counted no less than 4 kids on SC team last night that I would offer a scholarship on the spot. The catcher can flat play, IMO he may the most underrated HS player in our area...MJ has their program at machine status and the players are everywhere.

3 - Portland is just not ready to compete consistently, but they have a very good young group coming up that I feel will surprise everyone if those kids stay at Portland...

4 - Gallatin will be interesting to watch with a good Senior class leading them. I see no reason GHS doesnt win their side of the 9AAA race, and battle MJ/SC for a region spot. Jones cant beat anyone when he is on, but the offense will need to score consistently.

I have not had a chance to see my good friend Anthony Ford's club at Central, or the teams at Lebanon and Beech. Coach Shelton is one of the best coaches there is, and Ford's team always mirror his bulldog mentality. Lebanon has a new staff across the board.

Not associated with anybody in 9AAA but MJ/SC is accurate and GHS will be better. Beech will struggle with the top teams in 9AAA, WC is an average team, Hendersonville and Portland in same boat..not ready to compete for a title.

Ditto on the Howell kid at c. 2 triples in season opener.