Clarkrange vs Friendship Christian

swanson71

Guess you didnt know that the jr high softball and baseball teams as well as the High school soft ball team had games last night as well we had a banquet pre scheduled for last night. Dont worry about how many fans we have at a game, worry about finding a way to beat us. Good luck

I was at the FCS Middle school baseball game Tuesday night and it was packed, my buddy is one of the new coaches. FCS is a small school and if 4 school sports teams are playing on the same night, those folks can't be everywhere. If the only FCS team playing last night was basketball, Livingston would have been packed to the rafters in green.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I guess that makes 2 of us oblivious to the situations at our schools :thumb:

Swanson, I have read your opinions for several years now and I have always respected the fact that you give your honest belief and not just drink the Kool-aid. Now, that doesn't mean that I believe you to always be right. You seem to make many profound statements about FC and you do not have an intimate relationship with the school. I realize that you played FC in baseball when you were in school and have followed the Commanders because you care about RBS sports, which I commend, but you don't know the mindset of the FC fans, parents, students, or alumni. To say that FC looks at basketball as an inferior sport to football and baseball is flat out wrong. This comes from someone that has been associated with the school for 25 years. You can try and use whatever example you want to prove your point, but it is not true. FC has 180 kids in the high school and parents have kids in middle school as well. Many parents could not go last night because of middle school baseball and softball regular season games. Also, there was a banquet for our high school missions class, which is a big deal to our student body, and those kids couldn't go either. These are the reasons, which might not be sufficient for you, but FC loves it's basketball. Lastly, I want you to know that I don't mind having a dialogue with you because there are Fanatics out there that aren't worth responding to.

Edited by orangecrush

Now this is the typical christian poster i see from the private school. Always making fun of the lesser schools and boasting about the fact you win alot because of your obvious talents at recruiting kids. True colors always come out :thumb:

Yeah, this is not what I would hope to hear from our fans. But sometimes our guys lose their cool, too. Don't cast us all in the same mold.

Swanson, I have read your opinions for several years now and I have always respected the fact that you give your honest belief and not just drink the Kool-aid. Now, that doesn't mean that I believe you to always be right. You seem to make many profound statements about FC and you do not have an intimate relationship with the school. I realize that you played FC in baseball when you were in school and have followed the Commanders because you care about RBS sports, which I commend, but you don't know the mindset of the FC fans, parents, students, or alumni. To say that FC looks at basketball as an inferior sport to football and baseball is flat out wrong. This comes from someone that has been associated with the school for 25 years. You can try and use whatever example you want to prove your point, but it is not true. FC has 180 kids in the high school and parents have kids in middle school as well. Many parents could not go last night because of middle school baseball and softball regular season games. Also, there was a banquet for our high school missions class, which is a big deal to our student body, and those kids couldn't go either. These are the reasons, which might not be sufficient for you, but FC loves it's basketball. Lastly, I want you to know that I don't mind having a dialogue with you because there are Fanatics out there that aren't worth responding to.

That's fine, this is a website for opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree with what I saw all the time. You may support FCS basketball and sometimes pack a crowd during games. During football season we pack the stadium too, but it doesn't mean it's the sport of choice at RBS. From just watching all the sports in the past years, most all of the athletes at FCS play the 3 major sports, football, baseball, and basketball. That is good and I wished everyone at RBS would do that, but I would almost bet that if you asked the majority of the people that played basketball over the years for FCS their sport of preference it would be baseball or football. I'm not going to get in that FCS recruits junk because frankly I do not care anymore. I may say some stuff just to try and get underneath people's skin, but RBS boys sports in all sports just aren't very good and it just doesn't matter right now. I guess what i'm trying to say that is if FCS is recruiting it isn't in basketball, it's in baseball and football because I see the difference in success and that the boys who do play basketball, or most anyway, excel in football or baseball.