Cloudland vs Tellico Plains

Bluengoldblood

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All hail the Lady Landers! I decided to head up to the Roan for tonight's game. The evening started well with soup beans, cornbread, and peanut butter pie at the Waterwheel Cafe....good stuff! I sat in the Tellico Plains section and met some nice folks. The Lady Landers began pulling away in the second quarter and maintained a double digit lead the entire second half. Rhodes and Wilson worked well together inside. Clarke had a nice floor game. Hughes knocked down two big threes. Miller and Chambers played great perimeter defense and scored some key points. Coach Birchfield and his staff made good adjustments and kept their team under control. It was a great team performance over an athletic group from Tellico Plains. Off to the Boro! I hope Cloudland brings home the gold....Go Lady Landers!

Edited by coachh17

All hail the Lady Landers! I decided to head up to the Roan for tonight's game. The evening started well with soup beans, cornbread, and peanut butter pie at the Waterwheel Cafe....good stuff! I sat in the Tellico Plains section and met some nice folks. The Lady Landers began pulling away in the second quarter and maintained a double digit lead the entire second half. Rhodes and Wilson worked well together inside. Clarke had a nice floor game. Hughes knocked down two big threes. Miller and Chambers played great perimeter defense and scored some key points. Coach Birchfield and his staff made good adjustments and kept their team under control. It was a great team performance over an athletic group from Tellico Plains. Off to the Boro! I hope Cloudland brings home the gold....Go Lady Landers!

good luck lady landers from unicoi bring it home great job

Glad you could come, coach. I was sitting on the stage so I hate I didn't get to meet you. I thought Tellico had an excellent post player in no.44. She's definitely the best thats matched up with Rhodes this year. The one difference in the game is we moved the ball around better than they did in the half court game. We found the openings in the defense and executed. I thought we played with more intensity and caused alot of turnovers. There were a few times that we got beat off the dribble and that kind of concerns me when we see those quick guards in the state tournament, but all in all, I like our chances down yonder.

Thanx squirrel. You the big redheaded freak that works at Eastman? If you are then you can figger out who I am by now. That last game at youralls place helped these girls more than you would believe. Woke them up and lit a fire under their butts!

yep dc its me i hope them girls bring it home we should still be playing but yoiu know the saying people are crazy.... oh well if we cant win it id like to see a gold ball find a home in roan mtn.

I was glad to see our guards pushing the ball hard up and down the court. There is some underestimated quickness there. Miller missed a lay up but I was surprised at how quick she went from the 3 point line to the goal and Clarke kept the tellico girls on their heels when bringing the ball up the court. It was good to see Hughes and Chambers slashing towards the goal and kicking it back outside to the 3 point shooters. Our guard play has really come along and it comes at an opportune time because we may see a tremendous guard from Lake Co. I think playing the Unaka guards really helped us. We're defending well and not comitting a lot of silly fouls that can happen when a guard penetrates. Rhodes and Wilson are playing unselfish ball and making great passes when they are bottled up. I'm excited for this team. This is our best chance ever for a gold ball here in Roan Mt.