McMinn Central vs. Obion

centralmaniac4

Well, you'll see two players that are good enough to beat McMinn.... just watch and see. Macy Wright and Brandi Goodman

Congrats on that, I'm sure both teams have very good players. But I think you have to have a team to win the Championship not a individual(s). It'll be a good game.

I'm thinking Coach Morgan's strategy that he has used all season, will pay up in this tournament. Keeping a strong rotation all season, will be a very big key in this game. Having that rotation, gives the starters some rest to keep going and not getting tired. Plus, all of those other girls(non-starters) get plenty of experience, to prepare them for tournament play. From what I have been reading, it seems to me that Obion has two players they rely on, and if they are not there (foul out etc...) then Obion is going to struggle. If Masengil fouls out, Central has a lot of players to rely on...all have had plenty of playing time from rotation. I think I may have posted somewhere else about my prediction...may be here lol....but anyways...I see this game staying 10 or within. I pick my Chargerettes by 10. Man, this is gonna be a good game. Can't wait to drive to the boro' to see it.

-Please correct me if I am wrong about Obion- Just don't know much about them except they have two good players that can apparently beat Central by themselves. Doesn't seem logical.

• Upvote 1

It's logical, lol... you'll find out for yourself in a few days. Macy Wright is one of the top PG's out of this part of the state. She can handle, shoot, pass and the main thing is will her team to a W. Macy's stock for college recruiting has gone through the roof and I imagine if she has a good showing in the state tournament, there will be even more college's after her. As stated, Goodman has been offered by Kansas St. and is receiving interest from other D1 schools in that part of the country. Goodman is also receiving SEC interest as well. Don't get me wrong, OC also has Paige Hicks who comes off the bench and plays well as well as 2 other guards that start for OC and can shoot. In all honesty, if OC doesn't beat McMinn, I'll be surprised. I know that's a bold statement, but this might be the best team to come through OC in a longggggggggggggggg time.

I'm thinking Coach Morgan's strategy that he has used all season, will pay up in this tournament. Keeping a strong rotation all season, will be a very big key in this game. Having that rotation, gives the starters some rest to keep going and not getting tired. Plus, all of those other girls(non-starters) get plenty of experience, to prepare them for tournament play. From what I have been reading, it seems to me that Obion has two players they rely on, and if they are not there (foul out etc...) then Obion is going to struggle. If Masengil fouls out, Central has a lot of players to rely on...all have had plenty of playing time from rotation. I think I may have posted somewhere else about my prediction...may be here lol....but anyways...I see this game staying 10 or within. I pick my Chargerettes by 10. Man, this is gonna be a good game. Can't wait to drive to the boro' to see it.

-Please correct me if I am wrong about Obion- Just don't know much about them except they have two good players that can apparently beat Central by themselves. Doesn't seem logical.

I admit I like your optimism for Central, but I seriously doubt that Obion went 33-2 this season without a TEAM effort. They only lost 2 games by a total of 4 points....and one of those losses was to a solid Covington team who was a District foe, and whom Obion beat 3 out of the 4 games when they faced one another.

I think it would be just as easy for Obion fans to say that McMinn Central's fans are basing their optimism on the production of 1 player - Masengil.

Both Obion and Central - as well as all the other 6 teams at state - have at least 1 player they hinge their hopes on, which is normal...... BUT the wise fan knows it took a TEAM effort to get this far, and will take that same TEAM effort to win in Murfreesboro.

I admit I like your optimism for Central, but I seriously doubt that Obion went 33-2 this season without a TEAM effort. They only lost 2 games by a total of 4 points....and one of those losses was to a solid Covington team who was a District foe, and whom Obion beat 3 out of the 4 games when they faced one another.

I think it would be just as easy for Obion fans to say that McMinn Central's fans are basing their optimism on the production of 1 player - Masengil.

Both Obion and Central - as well as all the other 6 teams at state - have at least 1 player they hinge their hopes on, which is normal...... BUT the wise fan knows it took a TEAM effort to get this far, and will take that same TEAM effort to win in Murfreesboro.

True, i guess it's time to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Edited by chargerfanforlife

FYI, both teams are "Central"... Obion Central & McMinn Central... People from Obion County likewise call the school "Central".

Well, Central is NOT McMinn County (two different schools) lol. People from Mcminn Central call the school Central because that is the name of the school.

Obion County Central High School

vs.

Central High School of McMinn County

Edited by BloodCharger

Oh and I might as well make a prediction while I'm at it. It will be a tough game for both teams. I expect another physical game, but the refs will get in the way. They always do. This one is a coin toss, and............ its heads so I'll take CHS by 1.

This team has overachieved, as they are really a year away from being a state title team. I consider it a victory just getting to the elite 8. Coach Morgan and Young have done an excellent job getting this team to the state. Proud to be a Charger.

Good luck Chargerettes!

Oh and I might as well make a prediction while I'm at it. It will be a tough game for both teams. I expect another physical game, but the refs will get in the way. They always do. This one is a coin toss, and............ its heads so I'll take CHS by 1.

This team has overachieved, as they are really a year away from being a state title team. I consider it a victory just getting to the elite 8. Coach Morgan and Young have done an excellent job getting this team to the state. Proud to be a Charger.

Good luck Chargerettes!

For the record, Obion lost in Florida at a Christmas tournament and they lost the last game of the season to Covington, in which their was a bad virus among the team and wasn't playing with all their starters from what I have heard from an Obion fan. I have watched Obion play for years and they can get rattled. I seen McMinn get beat by Livingston Academy in 2010 in the state and I think McMinn would have beat them 8 out of 10 times that year. Any thing can happen in Murfreesboro. It is a different stage. For McMinn to win this game, they have to not turn the ball over and make them turn the ball over. They have to keep Masengill out of foul trouble. This will be a war down low. They beat us by 4 early in the year and we played a full court press alot in the first half and created some turnovers. We lost one game in 2009 and 2010 and this team is the bunch that beat us. Our Heather Butler is in the top 6 in the NCAA in scoring this year and just won the OVC tournament MVP. So, take it from a team that plays them a lot. They are loaded. But, I know McMinn and Coach Morgan have done their homework and will not go quietly. In my eyes, the winner of this game will be in the finals. Good luck to both teams. I will be there tommorrow to watch the games. I am nervous and we are not in

it.

For the record, Obion lost in Florida at a Christmas tournament and they lost the last game of the season to Covington, in which their was a bad virus among the team and wasn't playing with all their starters from what I have heard from an Obion fan. I have watched Obion play for years and they can get rattled. I seen McMinn get beat by Livingston Academy in 2010 in the state and I think McMinn would have beat them 8 out of 10 times that year. Any thing can happen in Murfreesboro. It is a different stage. For McMinn to win this game, they have to not turn the ball over and make them turn the ball over. They have to keep Masengill out of foul trouble. This will be a war down low. They beat us by 4 early in the year and we played a full court press alot in the first half and created some turnovers. We lost one game in 2009 and 2010 and this team is the bunch that beat us. Our Heather Butler is in the top 6 in the NCAA in scoring this year and just won the OVC tournament MVP. So, take it from a team that plays them a lot. They are loaded. But, I know McMinn and Coach Morgan have done their homework and will not go quietly. In my eyes, the winner of this game will be in the finals. Good luck to both teams. I will be there tommorrow to watch the games. I am nervous and we are not in

it.

McMinn Central played in the championship game in 2010 the best I remember, so it must have been 2009 when LA beat them? I remember the Chargerettes having something like an 8 point lead at halftime, then fell apart in the 3rd quarter.

I agree that McMinn Central must play a great game to have a chance today. Many of us have stated that the Chargerettes probably overachieved this season, and will definitely be an underdog today.

I could see Obion being in the finals if they win today (as expected), but I'm not sure this young group from McMinn Central can. Regardless, it's exciting just to make it to Murfreesboro.