9A

ecu

MrNoitAll,

You do know who I am. I'm using a different name on here than I used to have. Sorry I'm not up on all the TSSAA rules regarding game limitations. I did coach travel ball for several years and Middle school ball a couple of years, but you are correct, no high school coaching experience. I'd disagree with you about the pitching. I think Forrest and Cascade have good pitching. Cascade pitches two freshman who will get better with time. The whole purpose for me inquiring about the number of games is because I obviously know that is the only way Cascade will see good pitching on a regular basis. I did make good grades in school as surprising as that may be. I also disagree with you on adjusting to bad pitching and good pitching. I think the teams such as those you mentioned can easily adjust to bad pitching when they see it perhaps once every two weeks. The teams that see GOOD pitching once every two weeks on the other hand, have a much harder time adjusting when they get up against good competition. The pitching machine CANNOT mimic a good pitcher! Live pitching in practice is a must to be successful in my opinion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />Lady Raiders beat Cascade 7-0 today at home.  I'd say that's the first time they have shut-out the lady champs in quite a while.  They have now split with Cascade and have to play Forrest tomorrow in Lynchburg I believe.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Moore County totally out played Cascade tonight. No excuses. Cascade faced a girl throwing about 35 mph last Friday and this the first hitting they have done since that game. Didn't adjust well at all. Bad thing is they play Fayetteville City school again tomorrow before facing Forrest on Wednesday. I'm hoping for a 24 your flu bug to cancel game tomorrow...

Well it doesn't really matter how hard she throws she has excellent movement and great placement and has only allowed 1.1 runs a game in the district not to mention she is only an 8th grader who played the first part of the year with a broken arm

I think you got offended, Dad, when you shouldn't of. I was referring to Fayetteville City School's pitcher throwing about 35, not your girl... I think you mis-read my post. Moore County does have a good young pitcher. My daughter usually hits better against good pitching and she is 4 for 6 against them so I'm glad she's a good pitcher. Moore County has come a long way in the last couple of years and I'm sure "Pudge" has a lot to do with that. He's a good coach and a great guy.

MC ladies lost a big game today to Forrest by 4-1 score. It seemed like they were kinda flat today. Made some key errors that let Forrest get on top. MC didn't hit with only 3 base runners, two hits and 1 walk I think. I still think that MC is as good as Forrest even though MC is playing 5 8th graders, but that's just my opinion.

MC ladies lost a big game today to Forrest by 4-1 score. It seemed like they were kinda flat today. Made some key errors that let Forrest get on top. MC didn't hit with only 3 base runners, two hits and 1 walk I think. I still think that MC is as good as Forrest even though MC is playing 5 8th graders, but that's just my opinion.

Coach Becky is one of the top coaches in the state and Ricky Stinnett, her assistant, knows more about softball (pitching in particular) than 95% of the head coaches. You'd better have a lot better talent than Forrest. If you have the same talent, you'll usually get out coached. They do one thing MUCH better than every team in the area.. Run bases and move runners. Until everyone else in the district understands what Forrest does, nobody will knock them off that pyramid. Get runners on, get them into scoring position via the bunt or steal, and give yourself chances. "Small ball" is the way you win this game!

Coach Becky is one of the top coaches in the state and Ricky Stinnett, her assistant, knows more about softball (pitching in particular) than 95% of the head coaches. You'd better have a lot better talent than Forrest. If you have the same talent, you'll usually get out coached. They do one thing MUCH better than every team in the area.. Run bases and move runners. Until everyone else in the district understands what Forrest does, nobody will knock them off that pyramid. Get runners on, get them into scoring position via the bunt or steal, and give yourself chances. "Small ball" is the way you win this game!

MC beat Forrest once this year by a 7-1 score I think. Like I said MC kinda beat themselves yesterday. Forrest hit a lot better than than MC, so the lady raiders had many more chances to make errors than Forrest did. I don't think MC was out coached yesterday, they just didn't hit the ball as well. Now that you mention it, it looks like Coach Stinnett does more coaching on the field than Coach Becky does.

You can schedule 34 regular season games and the weekend tournaments count as only 4 games each, so in the end, you can play well over 34.

Are these week-long "Classics" counted as 4 games? At least two teams played 12 games during such an event at the start of the season.

Moore Co. is probably a little too young to win it this year but vastly improved. Cascade has the talent to win but must believe they can win against Forrest. The rest of the District is weak with only Huntland able to pull off an occasional upset. Weakest the district has been in a while. Forrest will not advance very far this year.

<br />MC beat Forrest once this year by a 7-1 score I think.  Like I said MC kinda beat themselves yesterday.  Forrest hit a lot better than than MC, so the lady raiders had many more chances to make errors than Forrest did.  I don't think MC was out coached yesterday, they just didn't hit the ball as well.  Now that you mention it, it looks like Coach Stinnett does more coaching on the field than Coach Becky does.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Did Brooke Herring, a former travel ball player of mine, pitch the first time you played. My sources said no...

Folks as long as Coach Becky is a coachin the "School with the Light on the Tracks" (if you ain't ever seen it, I promise it will scare you!) these ladies will always be in the hunt. I have seen her take a so so club and make them ladies as tough as nails....don't see her a goin to the "Boro" this year but she will be a takin another district title back to the house! :flower: