Perry County vs Wartburg

theGURU

Yes seenhim play alot and he is legit 6'7'' maybe taller, got 6'8'' kid and 6'6'' on bench. I think fountain plays nike ball with some travel team. Fountain can score form all over really uses his length to disrupt people, if perry county is banking on beating Wartburg inside they will have problems.

Plays for Tennessee Travelers. Rowan from stone, Shown fro Alcoa, Bradshaw from CPA and Montrae Williams from Spring hill also played for Travelers.

Yes seenhim play alot and he is legit 6'7'' maybe taller, got 6'8'' kid and 6'6'' on bench. I think fountain plays nike ball with some travel team. Fountain can score form all over really uses his length to disrupt people, if perry county is banking on beating Wartburg inside they will have problems.

Thanks for the info. We played inside against Mt Pleasant and they play tall. We had some shots blocked but we still scored inside. It was less than we normally would have but I just don't see us trying to win it shooting only outside. If they can trully shut us down inside, we will be offensively challenged to win it solely from the outside. We might stay in the game but.............

I've never seen PC play but I catch wartburg playing a lot and they shouldn't be counted out. To the earlier comment of Fountain being legit that's very true, been around basketball a long time I can say you don't see players like him, he is special. He can change the game almost immediately and will definitely show why he thinks he deserves to be Mr. Basketball but he isn't all wartburg has. Richardson is a great player the senior leader and wartburgs anchor, very smart and very scrappy what he lacks in size he makes up for in fundamentals. B Justes is also a phenomenal ball handler he makes plays happen at the drop of a hat and can push tempo and score very very quickly in transition. These 3 combined with ,i believe his name is Moore, very pest like defense can trouble even the best of teams. Plus about 5 more boys that can drop double digits any night I believe will make it a good game. Perry County's record and schedule proves their worthiness to be at the glass house but no one should expect the Dawgs to come to the Boro and lay down. And expect wartburg to bring the entire county behind them and they will get rowdy and be a great 6th man. Dawgs by 8-12

It will be difficult to completely shut Pc down inside even with a good 6'7 kid anchoring things down low. Pc is fast and athletic but their strength is being able to move the ball through motion to create space and open shots. thats what pc did against a much bigger Mt Pleasant team to create shots inside. Pc also has a good mid range game if they use it and if Rhodes is on from deep Pc can be near impossible to handle. Like I said I know nothing about wartburg except the big kid, I guess my biggest question is how does wartburg like to play? Do they like to slow it down or push it all game long?

Have not seen Perry County but know the Wartburg Program well. The thing that I like about this team over the last State Tournament team is the depth they have and the variety of things they can do well. While they like to play up tempo and push the ball and press all over the floor, they can also get into a half court game as well. Great balance between the outside and inside game with 9 to 10 players who will play. Hampton was trying to sub alot in the substate game to keep up. Perry county better be able to run for 30+ minutes and be able handle pressure all over the floor. Sure they are good, as are the Bulldogs. Teams don't get here who are not, but Wartburg has the depth and firepower to make any team have to take them seriously.

Have not seen Perry County but know the Wartburg Program well. The thing that I like about this team over the last State Tournament team is the depth they have and the variety of things they can do well. While they like to play up tempo and push the ball and press all over the floor, they can also get into a half court game as well. Great balance between the outside and inside game with 9 to 10 players who will play. Hampton was trying to sub alot in the substate game to keep up. Perry county better be able to run for 30+ minutes and be able handle pressure all over the floor. Sure they are good, as are the Bulldogs. Teams don't get here who are not, but Wartburg has the depth and firepower to make any team have to take them seriously.

PC will not discount Wartburg. You don't play on unless you win. All the Cinderellas are playing baseball. Coach Hastin will not have a game plan for game 2 until he has won game 1.

To any Wartburg fans out there. I don't put to much stock in who beat who earlier in the Season but how did yall lose to Oliver Springs? They have a record of 3-25.

Oliver Springs and Wartburg is a BIG heated rivalry. Neither team likes each other nor do they like to lose to the other one. So any given night the team with the worst record is capable of beating the team with the better record. On a side note the second time the two teams played Wartburg won by 50. Wartburg is the real deal they will play 10 players and will run the floor as well as anybody. Coach Layne will have his team ready to play

Oliver Springs and Wartburg is a BIG heated rivalry. Neither team likes each other nor do they like to lose to the other one. So any given night the team with the worst record is capable of beating the team with the better record. On a side note the second time the two teams played Wartburg won by 50. Wartburg is the real deal they will play 10 players and will run the floor as well as anybody. Coach Layne will have his team ready to play

Ok I see its kinda of like Perry County vs Summertown. Makes a little more sense now.