Perry County vs Wartburg

theGURU

Little interesting fact i thought i'd throw at ya after i got my homework done in math:

Cloudland- 305miles- 5hr:13min

Booker T. Washington- 244miles- 4hr:09min

Lake Co.- 234miles- 3hr:50min

Wartburg- 140miles- 2hr:37min

Grace Baptist- 115miles- 2hr:03min

Perry Co.- 102miles- 1hr:45min

McEwen- 90miles- 1hr:30min

Friendship- 32miles- 45min

thats a grand total of 1262 miles and 22hrs of driving....Class A teams have to travel farther then any other class to Murfreesboro

(Class AAA- 1232miles)

(Class AA- 965miles)

Edited by SportsFan70

I have no idea how good Wartburg is and neither does any other PC poster on here...but the main reason why we're on here saying how good we are is because we are that good...you guys play in a VERY weak District and Region...and "traditionally" East Tennessee never has a really good team...kinda like Clay Co. was last year...everyone said they were so good but we won 67-45...this Perry Co. team/program has alot of tradition on their backs that they carry with them when they put that PERRY COUNTY uniform on that they wear so proudly (6 State Championships, 20+ State Appearences) that means the world to these men and that wants to rewrite Perry Co. Basketball History and a County (8000 strong) and thats the most loyalist fans in the state in my opinion behind them...this County lives and breaths Perry County High School Basketall and we always will and just because y'all have a Mr. Basketball Finalist doesn't mean a "Dang" thing...this same squad (with the abscence of Dray Mercer) beat the Reigning State Champions and "2".........count em "2".........Mr. Basketball Finalists and both were 6'6 and 6'7...and this year we beat the #5 team in the state (Mt. Pleasant) 52-44 and i gurentee their average height was atleast 6'2...and we have a VERY TOUGH District and Region...COME THURSDAY YALL WARTBURG BULLDOGS (and fans) WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF THE LINDEN/PERRY CO. VIKINGS...THESE BOYS IN BLACK ARE AWESOME BABY WITH A CAPITAL "A"!!! WE'RE ON A MISSION GUYS!!!! LEEGOOOOOOO!!!!

If the Wartburg fans will have me, I am a Bulldog for at least this weak since my Indians fell short in their endeavor to make it back to the state. But in response to this post from SportsFan70, I really have to take offense to the comment about our District and Region. No we're not a powerhouse district, but neither is District 12. After Perry County, it's pretty weak. And Region 6, PC and Mt. Pleasant, and then who? Granted Oneida didn't make to the state, and I'm not going to start throwing out excuses, but we easily could have been there if not for illness, no offense to Cloudland - you guys played great. It's obvious you haven't seen anyone in District 4 or Region 2 play and have no idea about their strengths or weaknesses.

As for your tradition, I know it is a long and proud one. PC deserves the respect it has earned. However, for Wartburg, in 1994, I remember some of these same things being said around Murfreesboro and in the newspapers prior to a Quarterfinals matchup of Perry County vs. Oneida. PC had this same cockiness and looked past the Indians and lost. I can't say that is what will happen nearly twenty years later, but we can hope. Good luck to both teams. Go DAWGS.

Edited by coachjeffers

If the Wartburg fans will have me, I am a Bulldog for at least this weak since my Indians fell short in their endeavor to make it back to the state. But in response to this post from SportsFan70, I really have to take offense to the comment about our District and Region. No we're not a powerhouse district, but neither is District 12. After Perry County, it's pretty weak. And Region 6, PC and Mt. Pleasant, and then who? Granted Oneida didn't make to the state, and I'm not going to start throwing out excuses, but we easily could have been there if not for illness, no offense to Cloudland - you guys played great. It's obvious you haven't seen anyone in District 4 or Region 2 play and have no idea about their strengths or weaknesses.

As for your tradition, I know it is a long and proud one. PC deserves the respect it has earned. However, for Wartburg, in 1994, I remember some of these same things being said around Murfreesboro and in the newspapers prior to a Quarterfinals matchup of Perry County vs. Oneida. PC had this same cockiness and looked past the Indians and lost. I can't say that is what will happen nearly twenty years later, but we can hope. Good luck to both teams. Go DAWGS.

what i mean by a weak district/region is that "traditionally" every team in East Tennessee is weaker then the ones in Middle or West Tennessee...now does that mean Perry Co.'s going to look past you? No. because these guys have a chip on their shoulder and they want to do everything they can to beat Wartburg and play either BTW or Lake Co. to have a chance at playing for the programs 8th State Championship game..if Wartburg wins then they deserve it but from my analysis its highly unlikely...

Edited by SportsFan70

I'd say the games from Wartburg are in the 6'6'-6'7" range. Fountain is a tough match-up because he has perimeter skills and can jump out of the gym. The key for Wartburg to me, however, is simply adjusting to the big gym. Wartburg will shoot from anywhere at anytime, but playing at the "Glass House" is different than a high school gym, especially Wartburg's gym with the back wall being within 15 feet of the court.

I'd say the games from Wartburg are in the 6'6'-6'7" range. Fountain is a tough match-up because he has perimeter skills and can jump out of the gym. The key for Wartburg to me, however, is simply adjusting to the big gym. Wartburg will shoot from anywhere at anytime, but playing at the "Glass House" is different than a high school gym, especially Wartburg's gym with the back wall being within 15 feet of the court.

I think you are correct, and that this is probably PC's biggest advantage going into this game. It often takes a half to adjust, which is why you see a lot of 20-17 halftime scores in the 1st round.

To Takeahack's post, My favorite part of that link is that you can see that Lipscomb stayed in Tennessee for almost all of their talent.

As for the game, Wartburg will want to keep the game slow. Having a Mr. Basketball candidate, especially one that is tall, gives you a chance in any game. If it gets fast, I believe PC will have a definite edge.

Wartburg will not play slow lol, they do not know how, sometimes good sometimes bad