CPA vs Stone Memorial

coach77

CPA by double digits. Barring injury, I don't think there's a team left that can

truly hang with CPA for a full game. If SM can contain Bradshaw they may have a chance, because he is the engine driving the team. I haven't seen many teams able to do this though.

If you say so.....Bradshaw is ok. Intense defense would take him out the game.

Stone handles the ball pretty well, if CPA gives them as many open look 3s as they did Spring Hill, then they are in trouble. Anxious to see who guards Cole <_< dont see them using Lindsey cause he would foul out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know stats of Spring Hill 3 pts % year verses today's ,however if Stone gets 'hot' shooting 3's , make their FT's and out rebound CPA on both ends Stone has a great chance of taking them down.Sure hope they do....as always amount / time of fouls on either team will determine coaches decisions

........ Go Stone Memorial Panthers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DHSFB64

The man asked for matchups.

I know that CPA has two Mr. TN finalists. I know they are predicted to win by most people by default since they are I believe the favorite to win the entire tournament. I do not know anything about their team though.

Things to keep in mind:

SMHS has never passed the eye test. They are not really big. But they are quicker than what a lot of people believe. Even #5 is quicker than most believe as he has added a drive and pull up jumper to his game this year.

They have 2 great shooters and probably 3 other above average shooters.

They also have a post that averages over 25 a game against competition that is just like that of CPA. He has done that against guys much larger and as athletic as CPA guys in the post.

At this time of the year a lot comes down to making shots. If Stone makes shots, and takes care of the ball, and half way defends, they can beat anyone. But they do not have the same ability as CPA to just sky above you if they do not hit shots.

My prediction: Stone in an upset based on what I saw yesterday. But no doubt this is probably the most exciting game of the week in the boys state tournament considering the differences in matchups and the 3 finalist for MR TN on the floor at the same time.

Should be fun

If you say so.....Bradshaw is ok. Intense defense would take him out the game.

Yeh, after 35 games this year, no one yet has played any intense defense against him. Every team, coach and player so far has just ignored him and hoped he wouldn't score. I can hear Stone's coach in the pregame now: "OK, guys, I have a plan - we need to play intense defense against Bradshaw" Give me a break.I love you armchair quarterbacks.

Having played Stone 4 times this year I can tell you they just know how to play the game. I only saw CPA at Arby's Classic against Christ School. I'm sure on paper CPA is better but don't let the eye test fool you Stone is good. They are a dangerous team for CPA. Stone has played teams like bolivar, mccallie and liberty to prepare for this type of opponent. should be fun