Lake County vs Perry County

theGURU

Who gets the nod ??..The team that had to step right into the fire and expend tons of energy and emotion or the team that got a scrimmage game first ??...Will it be too much to ask those LC kids to get back at it against a quality opponent ??...It will definitely be interesting to see...You cannot take lightly the drive of a champion...LC will be tough to beat...

Who gets the nod ??..The team that had to step right into the fire and expend tons of energy and emotion or the team that got a scrimmage game first ??...Will it be too much to ask those LC kids to get back at it against a quality opponent ??...It will definitely be interesting to see...You cannot take lightly the drive of a champion...LC will be tough to beat...

Perry Co. could've been thinking about tomorrow's game against Lake Co. and then get upset by Wartburg...but NO they didn't...they came in with a mind set that we're going to play as good as we can for 32 minutes and at the end if we're up enough then the subs can get some reps...and thats exactly what they did...Lake Co. will come out firing and i know they are all high and mighty right now but i don't see some of those shots falling tomorrow nite...don't forget these 2 teams split last year (@ Tiptonville, LC-72, PC-61 but Tucker wasn't playing because of football, and @ Linden, PC-83 LC-69) it will be a good game and may the best team win...i have confidence that the Vikings can win it...if they play like i think they will then heres the score.....74-69 PC

Edited by SportsFan70

Not a chance for PC to win, Lake County by 15+.

I have thought since the field narrowed to 16 that Lake Co. was the best overall team headed toward the state tournament. They are West Tennessee athletic, but are somewhat disciplined and very well coached. They managed to knock off the "favorites" today, and return much of last year's gold ball team, so they have proven themselves. However, this is one of the most unselfish and well-rounded Perry County teams in recent history. They are also seasoned veterans from last year, had the most impressive win today, and they have a great coach. The question is not can they beat Lake County, the question is will they. This will be a great game and the team ahead when the buzzer sounds will determine who wins, certainly not you! Anyone who counts out a good Perry County team in the State Tournament really ought to just pack up and move to far west Tennessee, you know around Memphis they tend to count Perry County out too and on more than one occasion it has come back to bite them!

This should be a good game between 2 very good teams. I believe Lake Coounty's tough schedule and experience from last year's tournament run will be an advantage here. They are a senior laden team that knows what it takes to win it all. They have seen soft 2-3 zones (TCA), man to man, 3-2 zones etc. so nothing will rattle them, just like they never were rattled by the supposed almighty 32-1 BTW Warriors. Great thing is these kids don't see themselves as high and mighty just playing the game and trying to win another gold ball in a tournament where they seem to get no respect for some reason. Saw the Tennessean article before the tourney and they listed players to watch every Mr. Basketball finalist at the tourney listed except Rafael Tyler from LC. Perry co. has a fine team and even though we like to rattle each other's cages on coacht there is alot of mutual respect between the programs. I am pulling for my Falcons to make it back to the championship game Saturday!! Good luck and Go Green!!

This should be a good game between 2 very good teams. I believe Lake Coounty's tough schedule and experience from last year's tournament run will be an advantage here. They are a senior laden team that knows what it takes to win it all. They have seen soft 2-3 zones (TCA), man to man, 3-2 zones etc. so nothing will rattle them, just like they never were rattled by the supposed almighty 32-1 BTW Warriors. Great thing is these kids don't see themselves as high and mighty just playing the game and trying to win another gold ball in a tournament where they seem to get no respect for some reason. Saw the Tennessean article before the tourney and they listed players to watch every Mr. Basketball finalist at the tourney listed except Rafael Tyler from LC. Perry co. has a fine team and even though we like to rattle each other's cages on coacht there is alot of mutual respect between the programs. I am pulling for my Falcons to make it back to the championship game Saturday!! Good luck and Go Green!!

both these teams don't get any respect from the media at all...Rafael Tyler is one if not the best player in the state and they talk about Wartburgs player?? and they don't talk about anyone on Perry Co.'s side because we're a unselfish team and don't have just one or 2 good players all 7-8 that play are really well rounded and play hard nosed...i think this will be a great game

No doubt that Perry County is capable of winning this game....just don't think they will. "THE SHOT" as it has become known in Lake County and across the state will appear on ESPN tonight and is the type play that not only gives you momentum to win the game in OT, but also can propel you through the rest of the tourney. Add that to a very solid veteran roster with four seniors and a junior starting who have all played in a state championship game and won a gold ball and you have to give the advantage to my Falcons. Great coaching and hopefully Coleman is feeling better and closer to 100%. If he is completely healthy it gives them even more firepower and tremendous ball handling. Most of Lake County will be there. Hoping for a big win for LC.....but still alot of respect for a very good Perry County team!

The LC coach is really, really good. There were no signs of conditionioning problems for 4 1/2 quarters so that will not be an issue. You give a 17/18 year old, well conditioned young man a good nights sleep and feed him well and he goes like the energizer bunny. PC is equally well conditioned so ditto for them.

I see a very close game unless Rhodes is shooting the 3 well. If he shoots well, I don't think anyone can beat us and we win by 10+. If he isn't, we have to go more mid-range and inside which is what we have done before to win. If Tyler is on fire and Rhodes is not, we probably can't beat LC. I think these are just two very talented teams with good coaches. Anyone have a good flipping coin that always comes up a winner? I need it for this one!!! And unless the other bracket shows more than what they showed the first round, the LC/PC winner gets the gold. I'm pulling for gold ball number 7 for PC.

Not trying to get anything started here, but the resounding theme seems to be how well LC is coached. Although they certainly play as a well coached team, at times watching these games on line, it seems as if the players aren't really paying any attention to her during the time-outs? I also remember listening to a couple of radio broadcast during region play where the announcers made the same comment. Anyone know if this is ever a problem?

both these teams don't get any respect from the media at all...Rafael Tyler is one if not the best player in the state and they talk about Wartburgs player?? and they don't talk about anyone on Perry Co.'s side because we're a unselfish team and don't have just one or 2 good players all 7-8 that play are really well rounded and play hard nosed...i think this will be a great game

Tyler is great and so is Tucker, but what makes this game so good is that everyone on the floor will contribute. Yesterday everyone of Lake County's starters had double figures, and I didnt see the final box score, but Perry County's was extremely similar. Should be a great game. On a side note, not to take anything away from Alex Fountain, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe it was just because I was expecting so much from the hype, I still think Mullinicks or Tucker deserved that last Mr. Basketball slot.

Asitis, if you not trying to start something why bring it up?? Lake Co. is a VERY well coached team and Coach B has the team's 100% attention and respect. If you noticed at the end of the game Swift was looking dead at her on the 2 dribbles and heave he was told to do. also, the lob tip with .3 on the clock to Swift another called play. Finally the kids being coached up enough to know they did not need to inbound the ball so the clock can run out after the last 3 pointer by BTW in OT was another example. People try and make it out to be an issue when it has NEVER been one for her or her team. This team believes in and respects their coach regardless of how others may try and make it seem.

Not trying to get anything started here, but the resounding theme seems to be how well LC is coached. Although they certainly play as a well coached team, at times watching these games on line, it seems as if the players aren't really paying any attention to her during the time-outs? I also remember listening to a couple of radio broadcast during region play where the announcers made the same comment. Anyone know if this is ever a problem?

You probably did get something started. <_< I heard this radio broadcast that you are referring to. If you remember, about 2 minutes after that statement the ensuing statement was something like "Oh, NOW she has their attention - she is making sure of it" The woman wins a state championship her first year of coaching and is in the semi's her next year with a great chance of winning two in a row.....my "guess" would be that they have to be listening to their coach just a little......