FCS vs. Perry County

CommanderMan

Congrats to FC for getting to the finals. Before the draw there was a thread on dark horse and I picked you guys to be the dark horse getting into the finals, but not winning it. I still think that is true. I think FC is going to be surprised at how quick PC really is.

I hope it is not a blowout as that is not a very interesting game for either team's fans. I think PC will be playing man defense this game and pushing for a fast pace where today we wanted a half court game. We have shown we can play either and win. We won't stay back if you play stall ball unless we are 5 or more points ahead. I strongly suggest the FC coach play slow or PC will take control and blowout looms as a possible outcome.

It's certainly not a given that PC will win but they have to be considered the HEAVY favorites to earn gold ball number 7. I'll be there in gold pulling for PC and wish FC the best of luck. Maybe you are destiny's darling but I think your run ends tomorrow. A silver ball on your first trip is not a bad consolation prize.

Its good, we are used to being the underdogs, the "not-suppose-to-win-at-all-but-still-win-and-no-one-can-believe-it" Not saying we are going to win, but I am NOT giving up hope for FCS. We still have a good chance!

Yep, really. You see us play at full force and on our game, and yes. We do have the better athletes.

No direspect meant, but in two games I have not seen anything out of this group of young men that would support your statement. They were scrappy and well coached, but not all that athletic. I would put most of your players in the same league with McEwen, Cloudland and a couple of the Perry County starting five. They are better than average ball players, but not super athletes. Several of these schools have boys that play multiple sports and their programs have done well because of them. IMO the most athletic player in the tournament other than those on BTW and Lake Co. is Jacob Tucker, sorry he just is! In addition, I didn't see anyone on your team that I would mark as a true finess basketball player and Perry County also has some of these. Not saying you can't beat them at this point anything is possible, but if FCS plays like they have been and Perry County continues their run of this week this one COULD be ugly! I just hope that your coach finds a different way to get the edge in this one, cause if the Vikings are rowing hard I will be one angry fan when FCS holds the ball for 30 minutes and the score is 2 to 0!

No direspect meant, but in two games I have not seen anything out of this group of young men that would support your statement. They were scrappy and well coached, but not all that athletic. I would put most of your players in the same league with McEwen, Cloudland and a couple of the Perry County starting five. They are better than average ball players, but not super athletes. Several of these schools have boys that play multiple sports and their programs have done well because of them. IMO the most athletic player in the tournament other than those on BTW and Lake Co. is Jacob Tucker, sorry he just is! In addition, I didn't see anyone on your team that I would mark as a true finess basketball player and Perry County also has some of these. Not saying you can't beat them at this point anything is possible, but if FCS plays like they have been and Perry County continues their run of this week this one COULD be ugly! I just hope that your coach finds a different way to get the edge in this one, cause if the Vikings are rowing hard I will be one angry fan when FCS holds the ball for 30 minutes and the score is 2 to 0!

Teams have held the ball against PC a couple of times this year. PC usually sits back and lets them do it. I hope this is the game where PC responds with a 1-3-1 trap.

I have all the respect in the world for fcs but seriously don't hold the ball for 5 min today lol. I know why the coach did it because of foul trouble and just wanting to get to the half but if I pay that much for a game it better not be stall ball lol!

I have all the respect in the world for fcs but seriously don't hold the ball for 5 min today lol. I know why the coach did it because of foul trouble and just wanting to get to the half but if I pay that much for a game it better not be stall ball lol!

I would say your chances of seeing stall ball today are very slim. Yesterday was the first time I have seen him do that in 2 years of being the FCS coach. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's not probable

Gotta predict early, because I've got a 5 hr drive to get to Murfreesboro:

FCS is a worthy opponent, and I don't realistically expect a blowout. Back and forth early, PC by 4 at the half. Full court press in 3rd is effective, opens it up to 8 at end of 3rd. No answer for Tucker (he will score 10-12 in 4th alone), PC pulls away and hits their FTs. PC 65-53.

See you at the Boro.

Wayne County, South Pitt, Huntingdon, Perry County, and Gordonsville would have all ran through 2A.

LOL, really? This is a basketball thread, try to stay on topic! I would think basketball might be something Perry Co and Lake Co fans could talk about with some bit of knowledge. Football on the other hand is something those folks know nothing about!

Anytime you want to try your luck against the best in 2a football pick up the phone and give FC, TC, or Boyd a call. Seems like they always have a tough time finding games out of Region. Don't try to jump on Wayne Co coattails and claim your 1a glory. They earned bragging right just like FC on the field rather than some msg board. Good luck to both schools tonight!

I watched part of the FCS/McEwen game before we left last night. FCS is a very good basketball team and will be a handful for Perry County. I am a Perry County fan and I hope to see our boys bring home #7 tonight, but I believe it will be a good game. No blowout here. These Perry County kids are great on and off the court. Coach Haston has done a good job with them. I hope they are ready to play tonight and play well. They will need to if they are going to beat FCS, I don't think for a minute it will be a cake walk. Hopefully the officiating is better than it was in yesterday's game. Lake County was holding our players every play. GO VIKINGS!!!

LOL, really? This is a basketball thread, try to stay on topic! I would think basketball might be something Perry Co and Lake Co fans could talk about with some bit of knowledge. Football on the other hand is something those folks know nothing about!

Anytime you want to try your luck against the best in 2a football pick up the phone and give FC, TC, or Boyd a call. Seems like they always have a tough time finding games out of Region. Don't try to jump on Wayne Co coattails and claim your 1a glory. They earned bragging right just like FC on the field rather than some msg board. Good luck to both schools tonight!

Yea, GURU was a bit off topic and his comment absurd!

Seems like I remember attending a game between these two classes of Srs when they were in 8th grade at the James c Haile tournament at MTCS. Was a great game with FC dominating the paint and winning a close game despite PC filling it up from 3 range. FC went on to beat many of those now playing for Livingston in the semi final before losing a tough game to those SRs now playing for STONE. Seems like all these players & teams developed nicely since 8th grade. Should be fun to watch tonight!

Anyone else remember that tourney? Who played then for PC? I know FC had Defevers, Patterson, Anderson, Lancaster, but several others no longer play basketball.

Again, best of luck to both schools and teams. Enjoy the moment!!

Edited by Volzchamps