TNAAU wrestling requirements

wrestlingmom10

Against my better judgment I am going to get involved in this conversation one more time...

This is my take on this whole thing.

IMO to compete in the TNAAU State Tournament you should have to meet one of these two requirements.

1. Be a TN resident.

2. Be a wrestler from a border state that wrestles with an accepted TNAAU club and actively participates in TNAAU events. (3 or more)

I think border state wrestlers can qulify under standard number 2. since there are also HS teams that do this. For example GA kids wrestling at McCallie or MS kids at Christian Brothers.

I think CPOPE2 brings up the problem with the out of state guys. GA ages and weights are different from ours, therefore if you are a 7 year old 8U Kid in GA it may be advantageous for you to win in TN as a 7U Bantam. The thing is though our children that live in OUR State can not wrestle in the GA State Tourney when they could wrestle as 8 year old 8Us versus 8 year old 9U Midgets in TN, because they are not GA residents (fair enough IMO). Why should you be able to border hop when it is convenient for you? We have KY kids wrestling with us in Clarksville and we are a TNAAU club. My KY kids wrestle in TN during the regular season because the competition is better, but they want to win their State tourney and they do.

Just my two cents. I do love the competition though!

That is a good point I have not heard. They can switch it up each year, and always be on the older end of their age group for state.

What's the age/weight of your son? I can probably tell you why they didn't wrestle in Ga. Interesting topic though.

My boy cant wrestle in GA as we are from TN. Although, my kid already wrestled the GA state champ at the dixie nationals, and pinned him in a minute. Maybe you were talking about heresyourstupidsign's son?

My boy cant wrestle in GA as we are from TN. Although, my kid already wrestled the GA state champ at the dixie nationals, and pinned him in a minute. Maybe you were talking about heresyourstupidsign's son?

Yes...that is who I was referring to. What age/weight is your son?

Im really confused Panther. You started complaining right before the state about georgia kids but yet there werent any in junior-85. Then you said you live on the kentucky line but the 85 junior champ was from Mufreesboro. So either you are a LIAR or you just like whining about 10 kids from out of state out of 750. Which one is it. Or maybe you didn't win the Tn state but yet pinned the Ga state champ in a minute like you claimed. That is possible but that still doesnt make sense as to why you are still crying over spilled milk. Mr Pope, Im not sure why you had to throw your two cents in since you are a georgia wrestling parent? Since you asked and as usual assumed your condescending personality that everyone is accustomed to I will tell you why we dont wrestle in georgia. Im sure just like Panther you wont be able to comprehend it either though. So be fore you act like kids are scared to wrestle in Georgia you should mind your own business. You have enough enemies in Usa wrestling why do you want more? But.. to answer your question, we wrestle in Tennessee because that is the community we are in and work and socialize everyday. Its where all my sons friends wrestle, its where my lifelong friends have all their sons wrestling. We like the Aau better because its cheaper and about the kids and not about how much money we can make. They are trying to welcome us into Aau while Usa tries to make us outcasts in North georgia. If you arent in Atlanta you arent made to feel very welcome. Now it doesnt matter what Pansy.. OOPS's.. I meant Panther or what Mr "I dont mind my own business" Pope from Atlanta thinks. If I was the only one whining and crying about something I would get the hint and stop embarrassing myself. Also, stop making up reasons as to why kids want to wrestle in Tn to better serve your argument. It not because of the birthdate difference or because they are scared. Its because we like it better. Its really very simple. Now if the good people of Tennessee decide its too much hassle because of a few whiny little sissies then so be it, no hard feelings. We will do whats best for our kids no matter what that may be. No harm no foul.

Edited by heresyourstupidsign

Im really confused Panther. You started complaining right before the state about georgia kids but yet there werent any in junior-85. Then you said you live on the kentucky line but the 85 junior champ was from Mufreesboro. So either you are a LIAR or you just like whining about 10 kids from out of state out of 750. Which one is it. Or maybe you didn't win the Tn state but yet pinned the Ga state champ in a minute like you claimed. That is possible but that still doesnt make sense as to why you are still crying over spilled milk. Mr Pope, Im not sure why you had to throw your two cents in since you are a georgia wrestling parent? Since you asked and as usual assumed your condescending personality that everyone is accustomed to I will tell you why we dont wrestle in georgia. Im sure just like Panther you wont be able to comprehend it either though. So be fore you act like kids are scared to wrestle in Georgia you should mind your own business. You have enough enemies in Usa wrestling why do you want more? But.. to answer your question, we wrestle in Tennessee because that is the community we are in and work and socialize everyday. Its where all my sons friends wrestle, its where my lifelong friends have all their sons wrestling. We like the Aau better because its cheaper and about the kids and not about how much money we can make. They are trying to welcome us into Aau while Usa tries to make us outcasts in North georgia. If you arent in Atlanta you arent made to feel very welcome. Now it doesnt matter what Pansy.. OOPS's.. I meant Panther or what Mr "I dont mind my own business" Pope from Atlanta thinks. If I was the only one whining and crying about something I would get the hint and stop embarrassing myself. Also, stop making up reasons as to why kids want to wrestle in Tn to better serve your argument. It not because of the birthdate difference or because they are scared. Its because we like it better. Its really very simple. Now if the good people of Tennessee decide its too much hassle because of a few whiny little sissies then so be it, no hard feelings. We will do whats best for our kids no matter what that may be. No harm no foul.

Please tell me what I lied about. I said my son got SECOND at state not first. Torrence Dumas is the GA state champ at 84. My son pinned him at the Dixie Nationals. It is all on trackwrestling. Do your research before calling someone a liar. I never said my son had an out of state kid in his bracket. It is okay to stick up for all of the TN wrestlers, and not just my kid. I stand up for what I believe in. I'm just simply stating my opinion. Once again, I am not scared. I just don't think it is right. In my opinion you wrestle in YOUR state for a state championship, not a different one. That is why it is called a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I completely comprehend your view on this subject. I just don't agree with you. I guess we will wrestle in the Indiana state next year since my family and friends live there. After that we will wrestle for the Canadian national championship since its just an imaginary line.

Also, you said "If I was the only one whining and crying about something I would get the hint and stop embarrassing myself." You are doing exactly what you are speaking about. You tell us not to make stuff up, yet call me liar when I never lied about a thing. YOU are making stuff up about me. You come on here calling us names, and acting like a child. I think you should look in a mirror to see who is embarrassing themselves. It is possible to debate something like adults.

I'm just wasting my time arguing with you. I guess since I don't agree with you that makes me a liar, sissy, pansy, whiner, and a crier. I acknowledged that you have good points. I just don't agree. Both of us have a valid argument, and will just have to follow whatever is voted upon.

Please tell me what I lied about. I said my son got SECOND at state not first. Torrence Dumas is the GA state champ at 84. My son pinned him at the Dixie Nationals. It is all on trackwrestling. Do your research before calling someone a liar. I never said my son had an out of state kid in his bracket. It is okay to stick up for all of the TN wrestlers, and not just my kid. I stand up for what I believe in. I'm just simply stating my opinion. Once again, I am not scared. I just don't think it is right. In my opinion you wrestle in YOUR state for a state championship, not a different one. That is why it is called a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I completely comprehend your view on this subject. I just don't agree with you. I guess we will wrestle in the Indiana state next year since my family and friends live there. After that we will wrestle for the Canadian national championship since its just an imaginary line.

Also, you said "If I was the only one whining and crying about something I would get the hint and stop embarrassing myself." You are doing exactly what you are speaking about. You tell us not to make stuff up, yet call me liar when I never lied about a thing. YOU are making stuff up about me. You come on here calling us names, and acting like a child. I think you should look in a mirror to see who is embarrassing themselves. It is possible to debate something like adults.

I'm just wasting my time arguing with you. I guess since I don't agree with you that makes me a liar, sissy, pansy, whiner, and a crier. I acknowledged that you have good points. I just don't agree. Both of us have a valid argument, and will just have to follow whatever is voted upon.

Well your post started off better until you made the stupid comments about Indiana and Canada. I guess you still miss the point. Im pretty sure you arent part of their communities. This is the last time Ill try and explain this. We dont think in terms of Tn and Georgia because its all the same community. Memphis and the Ms suburbs dont think of it as being separate, Bristol Tn/ Bristol Va dont think of it as being separate. Im not sure why you got so worked up over something that didnt even affect you in the first place but to each his own.I know you didnt say your son won the state. I was just trying to figure out who you were and why you were so bent out of shape over this. You take the bait like a rainbow trout at a fish farm. All joking aside thanks for acknowledging you understand my points. I understand your points as well and can understand people feeling that way. Whatever happens we understand and there will be no hard feelings.

Well your post started off better until you made the stupid comments about Indiana and Canada. I guess you still miss the point. Im pretty sure you arent part of their communities. This is the last time Ill try and explain this. We dont think in terms of Tn and Georgia because its all the same community. Memphis and the Ms suburbs dont think of it as being separate, Bristol Tn/ Bristol Va dont think of it as being separate. Im not sure why you got so worked up over something that didnt even affect you in the first place but to each his own.I know you didnt say your son won the state. I was just trying to figure out who you were and why you were so bent out of shape over this. You take the bait like a rainbow trout at a fish farm. All joking aside thanks for acknowledging you understand my points. I understand your points as well and can understand people feeling that way. Whatever happens we understand and there will be no hard feelings.

I understand. Everything you do is in TN already. I wasn't really mad about it since it didn't affect my kid. I know some of the kids that it did affect. They were not happy about it. I was sticking up for them since I agreed with them. No hard feelings.

You're putting your business on a public message board where people express their opinions; and I expressed mine. A lot of people in this sport run from competition. There's always gonna be someone bigger and badder out there. Goto Tulsa and/or Cedar Falls and find it out for yourself(we did). I can only guess that you getting this pissed off at my remark means that it hit a sore spot. As for a "condescending personality", I treat everyone equal...period! Lastly, who are these "enemies" that you speak of??? I'm curious to know what cowards are nice to my face and talk smack behind my back. I do nothing but try to help guide others through the experiences and mistakes that I made so that they do not have to take the long way to get there. What I learned real quick is that in this wrestling community, there is a small group of jealous individuals that think that everything should be handed to them and do not see the commitment that the more successful kids have toward this sport. I see that you also talk smack on Josh Moon; who's another individual that commits himself to better the sport and his son's success is a testament to that. Do you like picking out all dads who have sons with some amount of success just to make you feel better about your life?

So who exactly is heresyourstupidsign? Just curious as I don't hide behind screen names.

Edited by CPOPE2

If you arent in Atlanta you arent made to feel very welcome.

One of the more asinine comments that I've read in quite some time. Congrats...you win!!!

There are more tournaments in the Atlanta area b/c +90% of registered USA wrestlers are in the Atlanta area. We don't look at people in terms of where they come from nor are people judged based on this fact. I respect communities like Cleveland(TN) with HCWC and Pride and Baylor/East Ridge, etc around Chattanooga, just as much as Calhoun, Jefferson, Gilmer, Lafayette, Camden County areas in Georgia because THEY GET IT. Hard work makes champions regardless of your postal address.

You have a chip on your shoulder and put WAY more thought into someone's hometown than I ever have or will.

Tennessee AAU should never allow an out of state wrestler to compete in the regional or state. If it is a rule, then it's a dumb rule. Georgia, Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama would not allowa Tennessee wrestler to compete in their state tournament regardless of how close they live or train from the border. Some of you guys that are for it will eventually get burned by the rule if your child loses a state championship to a Va. or GA. kid. Actually you won't get burned; your child will. Why do we allow kids from other states enter our state tournament? Is it because our numbers aren't good or is it the below level competiton?

Tennessee AAU should never allow an out of state wrestler to compete in the regional or state. If it is a rule, then it's a dumb rule. Georgia, Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama would not allowa Tennessee wrestler to compete in their state tournament regardless of how close they live or train from the border. Some of you guys that are for it will eventually get burned by the rule if your child loses a state championship to a Va. or GA. kid. Actually you won't get burned; your child will. Why do we allow kids from other states enter our state tournament? Is it because our numbers aren't good or is it the below level competiton?

Way to come into the conversation late. What age group is your child oldchin? Is he even in youth wrestling? If you look back over the weeks of messages you can see the arguments on both sides. No reason for anyone to explain anything all over again. Im sure there is some puppett master pulling your strings to give the appearence of more people against this than really are. I dont think allowing border communities to compete has anything to do with numbers or the level of competetion. I think its more of doing the right thing. If the state was worried about preserving a state tilte for someone or making sure certain people win then that would be a good reason not to allow it. I think they allowed it for all the reasons already discussed. These kids are more part of the Tn communities due to georgraphy than they are in the states they live in. Now if they opened it up to Atlanta that would be doing it to increase numbers and the talent level but they havent done that. It is for the kids who live on the border and are part of a Tennessee community. Plain and simple.

Edited by heresyourstupidsign