1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Good little year for the Lady Indians too. The whole crew returns minus #24 and #23 (I try not to do names as much as possible) Guess we will have to figure out how to play in Wartburg's gym. One other observation....if Stephens had played the outcome would have been different. Not because the players we have weren't good enough, but because she allows our rotation is better when we have true posts subbing out instead of posts for essentially guards. Regardless, it is a lesson learned for this young team.

Kaz

Shouting out to the sisters in OZ......take GCA to the Woodshed. I've just gonna say what everyone thinks anyways.....privates, good people/unfair advantage. Don't get on the soapbox, cause you shouldn't have one. I hear Oz could be even better if ya hadn't gotten one of their kids, ya hosers! They probably beat ya anyways, but it would be nice if they had all the players in their community. :thumb:

Kaazzzz

Of coarse, I've already beaten that horse to death!!!!!!

Kaz

Grace was without a starter also, she may be back for sub-state game. Cant really say what would happen if they had this player or we had that player. Grace does not have any seniors and 1 junior. Started 3 freshman most of the year so good things ahead. OS is a very good team and will be a though game but thats why you play them. Dont over look GCA. Its all about the kids and remember they are just kids. Dont hate

Not hating.........just talking about operating under the same protocals. After watching that game I stand by that statementI made earlier. The addition of Stephens would have made that game insurmountable for the Lady Rams. Oneida would have had the size thing covered with another long tall player, and she would have freed up our guards more with her ability to score inside. GCA is functioning with different set of rules than the public schools.....their division should be different, too.

Kaz

Not hating.........just talking about operating under the same protocals. After watching that game I stand by that statementI made earlier. The addition of Stephens would have made that game insurmountable for the Lady Rams. Oneida would have had the size thing covered with another long tall player, and she would have freed up our guards more with her ability to score inside. GCA is functioning with different set of rules than the public schools.....their division should be different, too.

Kaz

I agree they would have been better with the tall girl and my point was the starter Grace was missing was a 5'10 inside player so Grace would have been stronger inside as well. But at this point it is all should of would of. Grace will need to play a very good game to beat OS but OS will also need to play well to beat GCA. I do agree that it is an advantage for private schools in that a student from anywhere can attend but that is for TSSAA to handle not the individual school.

Check the rolls of the TSSAA Board of Controls.....you'll find a high number of representatives voting where to place the private schools are actually employed at private institutions themselves. Nothing changes because the majority is ruling in the private schools favor. Kinda like Wartburg hosting the District Tournament the last 10 years.....the Morgan Co. representatives have the most votes therefore others who could host (Oneida, Jellico, Sunbright) get left out. You can't beat a majority unless the ethics of the decision just reeks of politics or unfairness. And for a long time now people have been dealing with the stench.

Kaz

Kazam,

If it helps everyone in district 4A on the girls side sleep better to assume that moving the tournament will change the champion let me break down the numbers thrown out by hooters earlier.

The 6 teams that the Lady Dawgs have lost to over the past few years on neutral or away courts were all top 10 teams with 2 ranked in the top 3 in the AP poll. They included 1 state champion and 3 final four teams with one other finishing in the runner up position. My point should be obvious but I'll spell it out for you.

Wartburg lost those games because they played vs. better and in some cases much better teams. The teams that my daughter played on that went to North Green and Hampton were lucky to even be in the sub-state. The O.S. game at Harriman has been the exception in the 6 teams I really feel that our team matched up well with them. I think we were something like 1-17 from the three point line and that won't get it done for a team that averages making 6 or 7 three's a game. I wish Big D would put our 3 point percentage up for the season I would think that this team was one of the poorer shooting squads he has had over the past few seasons.

Good Luck to the Lady Cats and I hope that you can bring home the regional title!

BPM.....I sleep fine. If you honestly think home site has no bearing on the tournaments outcome in any way then there should be absolutely not resistance to letting another school host. What can it hurt, if another team is actually asking for the right to do so and they meet TSSAA specs for being able to host? Sounds like horn tootin' with very little sound.

Kazzzzzz