1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Steering some attention to the OMS Lady Indians for a brief moment (since no one bothers much with 4A), what another stellar year for that crew. 21-4 with a double OT loss to Newport Middle and they proved to be a team that didn't go lightly in the night. Those that saw that semi-final had to have felt you got your moneys worth of basketball. Two teams punching each other round after round......sad that one had to go away with a loss. Great season girls.

Hope the Big Girls start playing with the same intent as the little ones did at the Sectional. Don't just be in it.........try to win the dang thing! You can do it!!!!!

Kazzy

Yeah Coach, you guys had a very good season. You really had your girls ready against us in the Sectional Tournament. I'm not sure how many eighth graders you had this year, but you are getting them ready to play at the next level. We had a fun time competing against you coach. I'm sure Harriman will see you again next year. Good luck with your team.

Your a little off identifying Kazzy, but glad our teams "hooked up" a couple of times. Middle School graduates 6 eighth grade players but will return our post and pg. I don't think the girls will suffer too much from the lids that are moving up.....some players on the JV did very well and are ready to play key roles. How is your girls HS district going to go?

Kazzy

My take:

I will be very surprised if Wartburg can pull off a win, even if they are playing in their own gym. Davis is a good coach, but I honestly don't think they are littered with talent. They have very solid players, but once you get into their bench they tend to taper off a bit. OS has no such problem although they aren't particularly big inside they make up for it with intense hustle. If Wartburg can slow the tempo to a crawl they might be there in the end. Prediction: OS 57 WB 45

The second one can be considered two teams with a little closer skill set. Oneida has, IMO, a little more talent than Coalfield, but has been maddingly inconsistent for most of the season. Their opener was productive and Jellico never mounted a serious threat after the Lady Indians opened up a 10 point lead. Coalfield is obviously a much stronger team and Oneida can't let Hamby get major production because if she goes off her team is usually right behind. This will be a good one. Oneida 66 Coalfield 57

Kazzy

Kazzy,

You may be right about the Lady Dogs but I think they are getting better on the bench and have been getting solid minutes from one soph and two freshmen over the last 10 games. They are also 8/10 in that stretch. I think O.S. is going to win but feel that the Lady Dogs are getting a chance to grow up in the next two weeks. They return almost everyone from the 8 or 9 they play. I won't predict the score but wish Coach and the Girls the best of luck against a very good O.S. squad! They will not back down from O.S. and will make it a game.